• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Chloe

Chloe

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:14 AM

Compared to being burned alive, drowning and beheading don't seem so bad. Although I'm sure drowning isn't all that pleasant either. Wasn't there also a man in Salem that was squished between boards with rocks placed on top until he suffocated? That's a shitty way to go as well. It's amazing how creative people get with their torture and killing methods...

Anyways, I was unimpressed with the ending... It just seemed kind of rushed to me. It was so drawn out throughout the season and than boom three people are dead and there's a news interview to get new witches in the school. I haven't watched season 2, so I'll have to do that.

Edited by Chloe, 02 February 2014 - 04:15 AM.

#62 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

In Salem there were 19 women and men hanged and 1 man, Giles Corey, was pressed to death. He was pressed because he refused to enter a plea of guilty or innocent to the charge of witchcraft. He refused to enter a plea because once a plea was entered the courts and jailers took possession of the accused homes and lands. Giles did not want to leave his sons homeless so he refused to enter a plea, and when asked for his plea he would say More Weight.
My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#63 LynnBay

LynnBay

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

In Salem there were 19 women and men hanged and 1 man, Giles Corey, was pressed to death. He was pressed because he refused to enter a plea of guilty or innocent to the charge of witchcraft. He refused to enter a plea because once a plea was entered the courts and jailers took possession of the accused homes and lands. Giles did not want to leave his sons homeless so he refused to enter a plea, and when asked for his plea he would say More Weight.

They hung his wife as well. His ghost still walks the town of Salem he cursed. He is usually seen right before a great tragedy strikes. 

~Lynn by the Bay 

A Witch's Work is Never Done. 

#64 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:50 AM

Yes, his wife Martha was hanged 3 days later after his 'death by pressing' ... I do recall that he cursed the town.  I used to teach the Salem Witch Trials. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#65 Horne

Horne

Wyrdling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

Season four started, just watched episode one and it was entertaining as always.

“Awake becomes
what once was known,

forgetfulness is fleeting.”

#66 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

I'm really enjoying this new season. The writers and producers seem most adept at the slow burn, slowly increasing the intensity over the course of the entire season. The only time I felt they didn't do that was last season, which seemed to fizzle after the first few episodes (for me, at least). I'm glad they appear to be returning to the approach they do best.

#67 Horne

Horne

Wyrdling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

I loved all previous seasons, and I'm happy to read there will be a season five as well. I agree AW the building up tension over the course of a season is great and to me this is what makes the show so addictive. Season three was a bit different in approach but I enjoyed it anyway.

“Awake becomes
what once was known,

forgetfulness is fleeting.”

#68 Perchtin

Perchtin

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

Resurrecting this thread because "American Horror Story: Hotel" premieres in two weeks. Woohoo!

Hexen stehen immer zwischen Birken.

#69 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

Oct 7 on FX. Yay !!!

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda