• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

I finally watched season one.  Taking a bit of a breather before I jump into season two since they apparently aren't related.  Makes me sad because I adored Tate - is that wrong? haha

#22 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Season Two is a different story than season one. I much preferred season two in comparison to season one. However, the season seems to make the audience very divided. People fall into two camps either loving season two or hating it. I grew bored with season one but was constantly excited about season two
My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#23 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

I'm excited too, seacow.

I was surprised when I watched season 1, because I didn't realize it was an anthology show. They were killing off main characters every episode, whereas in a normal tv show only one or two would die a season. The fast pace makes it fun and then the seasons end before the story gets worn out... I like it.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#24 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Ohhh those lovely shoes!! And that darling little minutour .wonder who he shall be eating. Looking forward to it.

#25 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Season Two is a different story than season one. I much preferred season two in comparison to season one. However, the season seems to make the audience very divided. People fall into two camps either loving season two or hating it. I grew bored with season one but was constantly excited about season two

I can get with that.  Honestly I was bored of the parents in season one and the idea of a big happy family.  I just really enjoyed Tate's character.  Kinda makes me feel like a creeper but it is what it is.

#26 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

Getting excited for Season 3: Coven!! I'm interested in seeing how they portray the voodoo aspect (I'm sure it will be grossly inaccurate for the thrill factor). Angela Bassett is playing Marie Laveau. 

For anyone who hasn't seen the preview:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QcbMpr4alQs

Edited by Evergreen47, 23 September 2013 - 01:25 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#27 Rustic

Rustic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Since I had off today I got to watch Coven which I have on DVR. I thought it was pretty good! Definitely not going to be accurate but at least it is entertaining!

"You're horrible!"

"No, I ain't. I'm Hoggle."

#28 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Loved the new season... Kathy Bates is amazing.. :smile:

And Angela as Marie.. wonderful casting.. also made me think of My Dear Aloe..

Edited by LdyShalott, 12 October 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#29 Willau

Willau

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Oooh...if Kathy Bates is in this, I'm going to have to check it out.  I love her! ♥

#30 Rustic

Rustic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Willau- Kathy Bates was awesome in the first episode! The whole cast looks promising so I hope they keep it up. I cannot wait for the next episode.

"You're horrible!"

#31 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

Highly enjoyed episode one, but I've got to admit I am a huge Kathy Bates fan.  Seeing her rouge her face with blood - oh my. That alone could end up being my favorite part of the whole season haha.  Can't wait to see more.

#32 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

Okay - I watched the pilot. And yes it was good, but soooo not the thing to be watching when the season is turning, lol... why do so much to shut out the dark and then just watch shows that bring it all back to mind? So it will have to wait until summer for me to finish watching it, lol....

M

#33 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

I rather enjoyed it. I am a big Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates, fan so that is enough to draw me in. I'm also kind of obsessed with Gabourey Sidibe.  I was a big fan of last season and I liked the first okay enough. I am a sucker for detailed imagery and this show never fails to deliver in that dept. Cordelia's lab made my heart flutter with wicked jealousy. Also who couldn't love a coked out mega Witch Bitch Supreme? I have a feeling this season will rely on the more grotesque rather than being all that "creepy". 

Edited by Davenport, 14 October 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#34 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Oh, sorry, I thought it was really, really, stupid. I knew it would be somewhat lame, but, No Bueno for me! It was like Harry Potter meets the Facts of Life, LOL!!!! I don't know how they talked Kathy Bates into that one :down: , she was the only redeeming factor. The dialogue between Jessica Lang and her daughter was SO Cliché, and the lame pointing that resulted in flying bodies, sooo dumb. They could have done such a better job with the subject of witchcraft, you have to admit? 

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#35 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

. . .  They could have done such a better job with the subject of witchcraft, you have to admit? 

Kera

I have not had a chance to watch it, yet.  You very well could be right for all I know, but I am not expecting it to be an honest or accurate accounting of Witchcraft of any kind.  Keeping my expectations low tends to help in these situations. :D

#36 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

You got that right Jevne, but I know you have a good sense of humor, you'll probably get a good laugh!

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#37 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Personally I find it inspiring. I now intend on locking people in my laundry room and draining them of blood so that I can rouge my face to keep myself looking young.

:ninja:

#38 Rustic

Rustic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Well Kera it is a TV show. I mean if they made it to be realistic witchcraft, no one would watch it but us. And even then we'd be picking it apart lol!

"You're horrible!"

#39 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

I like the show and like I do with other shows, I don't expect them to be perfect.  Had a couple of beers while watching.

Found a couple ladies now that I like watching on the show, the one who plays the Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau and the one that lives in the woods/swamp, don't know the character's name (she was in the alligator scene and now has the boy Frankenstein at her place)

#40 Apryl

Apryl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

I like it. I do not expect Hollywood's best and brightest to get the facts straight, as long as they keep me entertained, lol. It helps to have a strong cast that can turn so-so facts into something provocative.

Michele's comment reminded me that season 2 definitely got to me! I had to record it and watch it over the summer because it got me all kinds of creeped out! Lol!