• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

I am just loving this series. Creepy as hell, weird story line, hot maids in suspenders and ghosts in rubber gimp suits, Black comedy at its best .
What more could a girl ask for?

Anyone else watching? Posted Image

(We see A LOT of Dermot Mulroney)

#2 Gramayr

Gramayr

'Mysterio'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

Chocolate? ;)

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

#3 GardeningMommy

GardeningMommy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

Is this one of those shows that gets better after the first episode? Or did you like it from the get go, and it's just not my thing? I barely made it through the first episode and never bothered to go back to it.

#4 Luthien

Luthien

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

I do and I'm loving it! It's well creepy and oh so exciting.
I think it is not badly written for a horror story. Especially for a TV-Show format (there are not many in this genre).

Can't wait to find out more about the house!

Luthien

#5 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

I've been watching it and love it! Although I think the story line is getting a bit far fetched to the point that it's almost ridiculous. None the less, I'm hooked.

#6 Hannah

Hannah

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

I am just loving this series. Creepy as hell, weird story line, hot maids in suspenders and ghosts in rubber gimp suits, Black comedy at its best .

Can i just start by saying how much I love Jessica Lange in this show!! Deranged Southern Belle o'clock. LOVE IT!!!

And i won't write any spoilers but i was genuinely surprised by the Violet plot development this week. I usually see these plot devises a mile away, but this took me completely by surprise! What great writing!?

They've commissioned subsequent seasons so i can only imagine what creepy sick shit this show has planned. What does the house want? How did the house develop the power it has? What does it want to do with the offspring??

Also, how awesome is the intro and theme music!!! Freeeeeeeaky!

#7 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

Never heard of it. Is this a Brittish thing?

#8 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

It comes on FX in the US in Wednesday nights at 10pm. I think you might be able to watch it on demand now. I'm a few episodes behind, but I find it to be an excellently twisted haunted house story.
My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#9 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

It comes on FX in the US in Wednesday nights at 10pm. I think you might be able to watch it on demand now. I'm a few episodes behind, but I find it to be an excellently twisted haunted house story.

Thanks! I might be able to record it.

#10 Christy

Christy

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

I thought it was good! Really enjoyed how it ended for the season. Looking forward to next season!

#11 seacow

seacow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

The next seasons title has been announced and it's.. Coven! It's rumoured to at least partially take place in New Orleans. Can't wait to see it! Hope they don't make a complete farce out of the subject.

#12 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

The next seasons title has been announced and it's.. Coven! It's rumoured to at least partially take place in New Orleans. Can't wait to see it! Hope they don't make a complete farce out of the subject.

Ohhhh, you know they will! I'll still have to check it out. I bailed on the first season, too many subjects hit too close to home for me. I did think it was pretty good, never got to see the last season. Thanks for the heads up. How did you find out that info? I read TV guide all the time, didn't see that article?

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#13 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

I really loved season 2 about a million times more than season 1. Season 1 ended up boring me to tears, but season 2 kept me hooked.

As far as the coven season I'm sure there will be really far out elements. But I doubt we'll see magical energy shooting from fingers and wands. I have a feeling it'll be more subtle like in the dark shadows revival when Angelique would cast a spell with dolls and gun powder and personal concerns. Magic wasn't seen, but the spell and outcomes were seen.

I think this picture is hilarious. It's Sarah Paulson, Jessica Lange, and Kathy Bates as the Sanderson sisters from hocus pocus lol

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#14 seacow

seacow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

I sure as hell hope it won't be magical energy shooting from fingertips! :D And I really doubt they'd go that way.

And it Kera, it showed up on my facebook newsfeed!

#15 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

I sure as hell hope it won't be magical energy shooting from fingertips! :biggrin: And I really doubt they'd go that way.

And it Kera, it showed up on my facebook newsfeed!

Good ol Facebook! You're defintely right, it makes sense, it's a dark series, they can't possibly go all Harry Potter on us! My guess is that there going to go the paranormal 4 route. Did you see it? They will definitely mix some satanic shit in there, mark my words. Ohhhh so oooo scary :twisted_witch: :twisted_witch: ! Love it!!!!!

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#16 Lexi

Lexi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

I'm finishing up the second season of this series, and it's just great. I'm a fan of horror movies, stories, urban legends and true crime, and it's just to fun to watch all of that combined on-screen.

I've heard that the third season is going to feature witches, and honestly? Though I know they're notoriously inaccurate, I'm a fan of movies like The Craft, The Witches of Eastwick, Practical Magic, etc., so even if they're shooting bolts of lightning out of their palm (I'm hoping that won't be how they go about it, though, as I think it would kind of break the very mature and suspensful feel the series has set in place), I can take it with a spoonful of salt and look past it to see if they get anything else accurate.

Either way, looking forward to seeing the third season. :)

Lexi [Ilexys Morighannan]

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
- Roald Dahl

#17 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm finishing up the second season of this series, and it's just great. I'm a fan of horror movies, stories, urban legends and true crime, and it's just to fun to watch all of that combined on-screen.

I've heard that the third season is going to feature witches, and honestly? Though I know they're notoriously inaccurate, I'm a fan of movies like The Craft, The Witches of Eastwick, Practical Magic, etc., so even if they're shooting bolts of lightning out of their palm (I'm hoping that won't be how they go about it, though, as I think it would kind of break the very mature and suspensful feel the series has set in place), I can take it with a spoonful of salt and look past it to see if they get anything else accurate.

Either way, looking forward to seeing the third season. :smile:

Hey Lexi, I'm a Huge fan of Horror, Psych Thrillers ect.....I seriously think I've seen just about every movie made in those genres, that I now can't find anything to watch. I can recommend some good ones if you're interested? Some really out there good movies that most people have not seen, or anyone else of course who's interested. I am a movie freak, says my family! LOL!!!
Kera

#18 SierraPrider

SierraPrider

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

I absolutely loved the Violet/Tate story line in the first season, so when i heard that the second series was going to have nothing to do with the first, it put me off a bit but, I might have to check it out, i think.

#19 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

I absolutely loved the Violet/Tate story line in the first season, so when i heard that the second series was going to have nothing to do with the first, it put me off a bit but, I might have to check it out, i think.

I was really surprised when I found out the seasons were all different, but I like it. Unlike shows that last for 15 seasons, where the same plot lines are dragged out and advanced slowly over the years, real and drastic changes take place often because once the season is over, the story ends.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#20 seacow

seacow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Anyone else as excited as I am?