Have you been initiated?

Lady Whisper

Many, many moons ago, I went along with my husband to a pagan gathering. This was before I became a witch and was curious to know what witches did. After the ceremony, a man who had worn military boots in the circle asked me if I had been initiated. No, I replied, but I had been baptized. Does that count? LOL

Many, many moons ago, I went along with my husband to a pagan gathering. This was before I became a witch and was curious to know what witches did. After the ceremony, a man who had worn military boots in the circle asked me if I had been initiated. No, I replied, but I had been baptized. Does that count? LOL

Now the army boots have me interested.. was he wearing anything else, or just the boots lol?

M

Now the army boots have me interested.. was he wearing anything else, or just the boots lol?

M

Hello Michelle

Everybody was fully clothed and bare foot. The man with the military boots walked in and out of the circle during the ceremony. It was a Wiccan gathering. It goes to show how little he knew. Was he initiated?

That was my first and last pagan gathering I attended. I thought they all had sick eyes. lol

We only went because Anjeaunot was giving a talk.

Warm regards

Emma

On occasions, i have felt more like an alien at a pagan gathering than i have in any other place. The prospect of supposedly meeting with people that i might share common ground with and then discovering that i've never been so alone, is not conducive to feeling very spiritual or magical IMO!

I remember a particularly diabolical ritual, involving a circle marked out in neon lights, participants clad in fancy dress wizard cloaks and flashing devils horns and the "priest" and "priestess" asking which way they should be walking and as to what compass point correlated to which elements. I felt so dirty, on so many levels that after wards I actually had to do a magical cleansing!! I'd rather be solitary and clean hahahah!