- - - - -

Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CeltcMagnolia_*

Guest_CeltcMagnolia_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

So, when you register you receive an email to verify your email address. I did that. I verified my email. I logged in. My name was red. I understood that this meant that I wasn't approved yet, and thus couldn't post an introduction. I read some more and passed the time. When I tried to log back in, the login told me that my user name/password was incorrect. I figured it was a user error on my part, and used the "Forgot my password" feature. I entered my email address (which had been verified) and was told I did not exist. So, I introed myself on the guest forum. But now that thread has been locked and shut down. Did I do something wrong? Everything I've read has said that I will receive an email if I am rejected, but I haven't received anything.

I completely understand that people have lives and it may take awhile to receive anything; I was simply worried that I'd done something wrong technology-wise.

Thank you very much. I'm not trying to be an annoyance, just a genuine question.

#2 Guest_CelticMagnolia_*

Guest_CelticMagnolia_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Well, I have my answer. I have been rejected. Thank you very much for the consideration, though. I'll stick around since I've been learning so much. I sincerely hope that by asking these questions and being persistent, I've just bee written off as annoying for it was not my intention. Thanks for the shot. You'll see me around this forum at least.

-Shea

#3 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

The rejection emails are acting up, some are sending automatically and others are not .. I have manually sent one to those I see haven't been sent, however, that can take some time to catch up on.

For clarity, if people register and then find they can't login or their username is not recognised, this means they have been rejected.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

Sorry. I did not proofread my last message. Edited.

Well, I have my answer. I have been rejected. Thank you very much for the consideration, though. I'll stick around since I've been learning so much. I sincerely hope that by asking these questions and being persistent, I haven't just been written off as annoying, for that was not my intention. Thanks for the shot. You'll see me around this forum at least.

-Shea

#5 Guest_CelticMagnolia_*

Guest_CelticMagnolia_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

Thank you for checking, Droghon. I understand that this is quite an exclusive community. I'll keeping trying. :-)

#6 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

CelticMagnolia,

I have passed along your message to the member in question but deleted your comment. Your post was in a VERY public area and your email was visible to the world.

MW

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website