Working with Spirit and Things Going Wrong

Michele

I'm curious what others perceive as red flags/warning bells/tells in these instances?

I can usually feel it... something's just not right. I usually connect through divination (easier for me to control the intensity of the connection), and set up protections. If I still feel that something just isn't quite and mostly, if the answers I get are becoming weird, I ditch the connection and SEAL, cleanse, and push them out if I can. 

Out of curiousity, how do you plan to connect with him in a roundabout way?

Edited by Ravenshaw

Out of curiousity, how do you plan to connect with him in a roundabout way?

By creating a fetch. It's apparent from both my observations and the impressions of others what my relative needs from me, and it's too important to not wait until the destructive energy surrounding him simmers down to an acceptable level for a direct connection. Sending a carefully-programmed fetch in to get the job done feels like the most effective option.

I was reading this thread from the start and I just wanted to add that webcams can be portals for spiritual energy to come into the house.

Spirits are clever and use technology like a superfast highway.

Kind regs

Heks

Guest monsnoleedra

I hope someone from this thread can tell me why they equate Djinn's with being associated with the Islamic religion or concerned about converting a person to Islam?  Djinn's predate Islam by more than a few centuries and were later incorporated into the mythology as a fire entitiy.  Yet there is a whole world of entities that make up the grouping that Djinn's fall into such as the Rakshasa (Indian lore) which is not something one wants to encounter.

I know lately it is "Cool" to sell Djinn bottles, rings, boxes, etc where a supposed Djinn is captured and bound by some magician.  Heck I think you can still find them on eBay for sell.

Would add though that if I were troubled by a Djinn (Jinn) I'd not worry about salt but use iron as it is lethal to them and many other creatures.  One of the reasons you'll still find stories of iron spikes buried in walls, door frames or property boundaries.

Edited by monsnoleedra

Mons - I don't remember for sure but I believe a member had recently got divorced from someone who was Islamic and that there were associations for them at the time due to the situation, but I don't remember for sure.... perhaps that person will read this and comment...

M

I think I am that person.

Since then, years have gone by.

I no longer look at anything from an Islamic perspective

I look at spirits at face value, without calling them anything. I feel moods, love or hate, and I do no longer acknowledge the existence of djinn as a separate entity of spirits or beings; I cleansed my mind

If an entity is hostile to me, I just banish them from my life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Great substance here, I love seeing the dates on these and knowing people are getting something out of them years later. I’d like to add a few things from my experience and a few things I was taught about spirits from my grandmother. Some of this may seem like common sense, but I think they’re common things people get wrong or need to know.

If you’re going through the motions of calling out to a spirit or spirits in general, it will be heard. I like to think of it as a payphone ringing on a busy street. Somebody may answer just to see what’s going on, or somebody may answer because you’re annoying the hell out of them. They may not stick around, or you may not notice them, but eventually you’re going to get what you asked for, ready or not.

Casting a circle or compass or whatever you want to call it doesn’t mean you’re protected. It takes practice to tweak rituals like that to get the desired results. It isn’t just an automatic barrier. For example: I used my circle for RAISING specific types of energy for points of manifestation. It was literally for drawing things to me, and it sure as hell didn’t stop some of them from wandering if they chose to. If you’re going to use tools, be aware of how to use them in the right situations. Bread knives and butcher’s knives both have blades, but I wouldn’t use them in the same way.

There was a great visualization technique touched upon, and that’s something that I also learned along the way. It works, usually! However...sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes you get something more stubborn, or more energetic than you are. In this case I was always taught to use incense.

I don’t mean Dragon’s Blood incense from the store...you need to make your own. I can’t give you any of my own recipes, but I CAN give a point of advice. Use local plants. This is very important. Using plants from your own area to get rid of an unwanted guest should have fairly obvious implications. If or when you get desperate enough to need to get rid of something, doing the research won’t seem like a chore.

There are a couple more options that I’m hesitant to toss out, but hopefully nobody will be in a position to need to go further.

Never let fear stop you, but let it guide you into being prepared. Sometimes fear can be your best friend.

• Upvote 1