Sticks and Stones, Roots and Bones

spinney

Yay my book finally came.

I ordered this weeks ago. I did ask around first as its a LLewelyn book and I usually steer clear but had on good authority that it was a quite useful, half decent book .

So im afraid my other books will have to wait as mamma has a new baby.

I must admit when it comes to the spells and recipies most are in the Elements encyclopedia but that book is a nightmare to lug around :eek:

Anway will put up a review soon.

Have looked at very mixed reviews but will see for myself so I will see how long it takes before it melts into the fluffy pants that modern wicca has become !

Well so far i have seen Scott Cunninghams name come up a couple of times, So i think she may blend her path with American Wicca, mind you I have a scott cunningham book of essential oils which i refer to now and then. It is a more modern way off using hoodoo i.e crytals.

So purists will not like it of course ;) . But I've never been a purist so ....:p.

Not happy with the racist card being used on the black candle. Im sorry but that does not wash with me! , black being used for negative magic is just what it is and has nothing to do with seeing a race in a bad light.

I've knocked a star off for that one

Guest 53rdspirit

The author writes that "black" candles are considered bad, evil, dark and "white" candles are pure, light, good. She is a black lady and takes issue with it--seems to correlate a racial thing with black and white candles. She prefers to use the black candle as a general/all use candle. Whatever works I always say.

If I were going to use a candle to represent a person, I hadn't even thought about associating their skin color with the candle!

Ok, who gets the orange candle--Carrot Top? [IMG]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:85C463IVZapfxM:www.nevadamagazine.com/Carrot.Top.jpg[/img]

True...neither do I...when people throw the racist card in with things that have nothing to do with racism I tend to get pissy and ignore them LOL!!!

Carot top for the orange candle LOL!!! ROFLMAO :lolol:

Truthfully...magick has nothing to do with racism.