34 replies to this topic

#1 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

We often discuss spells, but I haven't seen enchantments (not that I can remember , lol) on here. I love them and was wondering if others work with them. A spell is something that I do, send out, it's done, the end. And enchantment - one of my favourite ways to work - is something that is for me a softer kind of magic (okay, so I'm a romantic). Like accessing dreams and planting ideas, weaving slowly into something -a situation, a feeling, a reaction, like a light yet lingering perfume that isn't really noticed until its too late, if it is even noticed at all. It can be used as blessing or bane, as can a spell. So I was wondering if others use dream access, or cords to access inner feelings of others and manipulate the feelings and/or reactions and situations, and use these acts of enchantment as well as spell work?

M

Edited by Michele, 15 July 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#2 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

Oh, hell yeah! I make my living through enchantment. I won't go into details in the public forum, but planting thoughts, manipulating emotions, taking advantages of situations, strengths, weaknesses, etc. are all part of that. Yes, much more subtle, than what most folks think of as spells, but in many ways much more powerful.

I do not personally believe that everyone can or should practice this type of magic. Given the right circumstances, anyone could enchant; however, intentional manipulation of others' wills is an advanced skill, which requires an insane amount of personal responsibility, as there are potential risks to self and others. My access is through my Empathic ability. I assume there are other ways, as you have mentioned.

#3 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

Yes, I do this all the time, but never thought to give it a different name than spell or working. I do this much more often than the other types of magic actually.. lol
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#4 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

... My access is through my Empathic ability. I assume there are other ways, as you have mentioned.

I first learned this through a friend who gave me permission to "do anything I want" to her (very trusting or very stupid - naw, I love her... she just trusts me, lol). But anyway, I started creatig cords between us, and weaving things into her feelings, then into her dreams, and really I just learned it as I went that way. Re permission - obviously one doesn't need it, but she is a friend I love and respect so I would not go against her wishes, hence I asked first.

M

#5 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:50 AM

I first learned this through a friend who gave me permission to "do anything I want" to her (very trusting or very stupid - naw, I love her... she just trusts me, lol). But anyway, I started creatig cords between us, and weaving things into her feelings, then into her dreams, and really I just learned it as I went that way. Re permission - obviously one doesn't need it, but she is a friend I love and respect so I would not go against her wishes, hence I asked first.

M

This is similar to how I learned, only it was with a family member.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#6 Oceana's Moon

Oceana's Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

I have done this once or twice when needed for job relations... However, it wasn't something that was intended, it just happened. Due to the tense situation, the emotionally charged energy was beyond intense Intentially? I don't feel I am anywhere near prepared to change someone's will if it's not for protection. But it's interesting that you referred to healing with it. I'm curious, when connecting the cords and 'weaving', were you able to tap into specific areas or was it just general?
"Success is a ladder to be climbed and you can't do it with your hands in your pockets."

#7 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:02 AM

I have done this once or twice when needed for job relations... However, it wasn't something that was intended, it just happened. Due to the tense situation, the emotionally charged energy was beyond intense Intentially? I don't feel I am anywhere near prepared to change someone's will if it's not for protection. But it's interesting that you referred to healing with it. I'm curious, when connecting the cords and 'weaving', were you able to tap into specific areas or was it just general?

I sent her feelings, or things to affect and manipulate and thereby produce feelings and the majorty were sent to her sleep or to her emotions or senses. I did not send healing as I don't do healing work, and I didn't send any harm becuase obviously she's my friend, but harm could be sent the same way... send a doubt, a slow snake of dark through the confidence, dreams of failure, sense of discomfort or restlessness or doom, sleepness nights (nothing screws one up as much as lack of sleep, lol). Only problem is to send those things, you have to be able to call them up.. you can't just send a mundane word. And then you have to be able to send it all or you're stuck with some of it. For instance, I sent her orgasms to see if she'd react. First she kept telling me she'd thought of me, but it was always when there was nudity or partial nudity involved (I was on the toilet and I thought of you,I thought of you while I was getting dressed this morning, in the shower, etc.). (That's one of my favourite cord enchantments when I'm dating someone new, lol - oh and by cord I don't mean physical briaded or knotted cords, I mean attachment to their psychie cords). Then she started coming on to me when she had been drinking so I stopped that part of it as she's a friend. And no, I never did tell her about that part, lol.

M

#8 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

The above are all rather dark examples of charms. They can also be made for lighter enchantments. Communication, drawing of love or friendship or interactions and other positive things.

M

#9 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

I have been doing this for as long as I can remember, although back in the day I didn't have a word for it. But it is something I had the ability to do long before I knew how to put together a "proper" or "formal" spell"

Of course when I was young, and didn't quite understand what it was I was doing, they were much less sophisticated then they are now.

I have not used this skill in the way that Michele mentioned LOL, nor have I used it for physical healing, but have for emotional healing or to gain someones trust. Posted Image

Empathic abilities I find very useful with this kind of magic also as it is certainly a form of mental manipulation.

I do agree with Jevne that this is NOT something to play with though especially if you are unsure as to how "enchanting" you can actually be!

It could have some very unfavorable outcomes!

Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#10 Oceana's Moon

Oceana's Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

I have not used this skill in the way that Michele mentioned LOL, nor have I used it for physical healing, but have for emotional healing or to gain someones trust. Posted Image

Empathic abilities I find very useful with this kind of magic also as it is certainly a form of mental manipulation.

I do agree with Jevne that this is NOT something to play with though especially if you are unsure as to how "enchanting" you can actually be!

It could have some very unfavorable outcomes!

Damn!!! There goes my hot date this weekend! :kiss:

"Success is a ladder to be climbed and you can't do it with your hands in your pockets."

#11 Marabet

Marabet

Miss Clavel's Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

It's funny because I never thought of these enchantments as taking away someone's will. To me they were always just another way one communicates in order to gain something for themselves. For example we offer a disarming smile to people when we want them to know we are not a danger and for them to relax and be receptive to us (like Brigid said, to gain someone's trust). To me placing that same sort of calming effect in people is just another way of doing it. I, of course, can see where this can become about overriding another's will I suppose I had just never thought of going that far with it. To me it's more like placing a strong suggestion in their mind (anyone else thinking of the movie Inception? LOL) and, depending on the mind, they can go with it or not. This is where more "weak" or susceptible minds come in handy. Not to mention minds that are opened to such things. Hmmm... this makes me wonder how well this could work when helping friends with weight loss, quitting smoking, etc.

For instance, I sent her orgasms to see if she'd react. First she kept telling me she'd thought of me, but it was always when there was nudity or partial nudity involved (I was on the toilet and I thought of you,I thought of you while I was getting dressed this morning, in the shower, etc.). (That's one of my favourite cord enchantments when I'm dating someone new, lol - oh and by cord I don't mean physical briaded or knotted cords, I mean attachment to their psychie cords). Then she started coming on to me when she had been drinking so I stopped that part of it as she's a friend. And no, I never did tell her about that part, lol.

Posted ImageLove it, Michele!

I ran to a tower where the church bells chime
I hoped that they would clear my mind
They left a ringing in my ear
But that drum's still beating loud and clear

{Florence + The Machine 'Drumming Song'}

#12 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

It's funny because I never thought of these enchantments as taking away someone's will. To me they were always just another way one communicates in order to gain something for themselves. For example we offer a disarming smile to people when we want them to know we are not a danger and for them to relax and be receptive to us (like Brigid said, to gain someone's trust). To me placing that same sort of calming effect in people is just another way of doing it. I, of course, can see where this can become about overriding another's will I suppose I had just never thought of going that far with it. To me it's more like placing a strong suggestion in their mind (anyone else thinking of the movie Inception? LOL) and, depending on the mind, they can go with it or not. This is where more "weak" or susceptible minds come in handy. Not to mention minds that are opened to such things. Hmmm... this makes me wonder how well this could work when helping friends with weight loss, quitting smoking, etc.

Posted ImageLove it, Michele!

Dear Maggie-in-the-Mead,
I saw the movie Inception; very good stuff that was! Reality and dreams became blurred! Talking about open minds, my mind is wide open now I am on this forum (I left Islam and found this forum almost immediately afterwards!), learning, pondering, thinking, etc. flying away on my broom, far far away from reality but with both feet firmly in reality!
Kind regs,
Heks Posted Image

"One's own house, though small, is better,
For there thou art the master.
It makes a man's heart bleed to ask
for a midday meal at the house of another."

(35 Havamal, Edda)

#13 lusa

lusa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:54 AM

I sometimes see it as another arm of the spell. But there are differences and degrees to both and time's taught me neither are to be taken lightly. Intention is a source. People can/do this without knowing, but there's a line between human need/response and taking it further. I do like hearing people used it to make people happier/peaceful/good/orgasmic(lol),etc... That can be a reward in itself. Tying cords is also a good way to see it. Enchantments remind me of a line from the shawshank redemption of all random things. Freeman's character, describing geology, says: "That's all it takes, really. Pressure and time."
"We sailed through endless skies. Stars shine like eyes. The black night sighs."

#14 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:57 AM

Psssttt, lusa . . . need bigger font. I'm old, and CG only has one eye now.

#15 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

This is where I do a lot of my workings when dealing with people I know well; friends and family. I find that enchantments need to have even more focus than what I would call a 'spell', as they are something deeper. One is working with the world and people, the other feels more intimate.

(I think that came out right.... it's late. Did that makes sense?)

I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#16 8people

8people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

I think most of my workings could be classified as enchantments, lol. Working the web, dreamwalking, plain sight suggestion, I haven't used cords yet in any working, but I can see that being very effective and can see how I'd use that in my minds eye - but I have manipulated emotions, feelings and mental states of others.

Some people are obviously easier to manipulate than others, so enchantments are very personal, there isn't really a one size fits all. You almost have to be a cloud surrounding them - taking their measure, finding their weak points, finding where they overestimate themselves, their insecurities but also what makes them confident, where they don't see how they shine and their ultimate strengths. All weaved into a single goal or even using the information to swap around some of these strengths and weaknesses.

I do not use it, myself, to rob people of their will, though if I wanted to I can see how I easily could (That's a matter for a more private discussion :wacko:) it can be a communication, but most often a manipulation of a personal aspect.

It takes a lot longer as a project than some other spell forms, the only times I've seen someone completely bugger up a situation where they tried to use such techniques are when they expected it to be a simple case of they start it and the 'universe' finishes it, or they rush it all, they don't get a correct measure of what they need to do and how to go about it.

It's a time sink pretty much, and I know some people seem to get very frustrated starting out with it.

#17 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

I think most of my workings could be classified as enchantments, lol. Working the web, dreamwalking, plain sight suggestion, I haven't used cords yet in any working, but I can see that being very effective and can see how I'd use that in my minds eye - but I have manipulated emotions, feelings and mental states of others.

Some people are obviously easier to manipulate than others, so enchantments are very personal, there isn't really a one size fits all. You almost have to be a cloud surrounding them - taking their measure, finding their weak points, finding where they overestimate themselves, their insecurities but also what makes them confident, where they don't see how they shine and their ultimate strengths. All weaved into a single goal or even using the information to swap around some of these strengths and weaknesses.

I do not use it, myself, to rob people of their will, though if I wanted to I can see how I easily could (That's a matter for a more private discussion :wacko:) it can be a communication, but most often a manipulation of a personal aspect.

It takes a lot longer as a project than some other spell forms, the only times I've seen someone completely bugger up a situation where they tried to use such techniques are when they expected it to be a simple case of they start it and the 'universe' finishes it, or they rush it all, they don't get a correct measure of what they need to do and how to go about it.

It's a time sink pretty much, and I know some people seem to get very frustrated starting out with it.

Good Points 8!!

Where a spell is usually something that is done and it's over, enchantments need to be fed!!

Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#18 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

Reading "Mesmerism, Spiritualism, Witchcraft, and Miracle . . . " by Allen Putnam. In the book, it says that mesmerism, which is in essence another name for spellwork, especially of the enchanting variety, can be performed by both the living and the dead.

So, do you think a spirit or other disembodied entity can perform and/or feed an enchantment?

#19 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

Yep

#20 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

I noted in a conversation with a friend that some people, when doing what 8people describes here, tend to confuse their target's strengths and weaknesses with their own.  They might, as a result, make exchanges between their target and themselves, instead of within the target.  Enchantments cannot be forced and are notoriously susceptible to outside influence, if one tries to maintain them for too long, at least in my experience anyway.  I think of enchantments as being somewhat "quick" in their duration and focus; only meant to nudge the target in a particular direction.  I have learned this from many a time, when I have tried to hold the connection beyond its usefulness.