#41 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Degu,
I hate watches for the same reasons. They tend to give me a sensation of being trapped.

Whiterose,
Likely right. I am drawing emotional based energy versus technology based, so good points here.

#42 Sengdroma

Sengdroma

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

Never heard of that. Personally I do not wear watches, they always stop when I put them on regardless it they are a modern iwatch, a swiss old watch or a casio 80s job. I also hate how they feel on me as if I am being restricted and held hostage to it. That could be down to the fact that I hate the idea of time. I believe we should not be beholden to a man made constraint that was designed to unify a country to benefit the large land owners and merchants of the period. There is in my mind no "time" but a state of being in the now. 

#43 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:28 AM

this was an interesting read, the topic caught my eye because my mother can only wear wind up watches otherwise the batteries drain.  I've seen her go down the toy aisle with the stuffed animals with the "PUSH ME" hand and set off the whole aisle of them without even touching them lol

I've never had any problems with wearing a watch but they do leave a tan line in summer B)

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#44 Steriki

Steriki

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

this was an interesting read, the topic caught my eye because my mother can only wear wind up watches otherwise the batteries drain.  I've seen her go down the toy aisle with the stuffed animals with the "PUSH ME" hand and set off the whole aisle of them without even touching them lol

I've never had any problems with wearing a watch but they do leave a tan line in summer B)

A dear friend of mine has a similar problem to your mom's. She has the ability to make almost anything electronic malfunction. It's not something witchy, as she is definitely not a witch. There's not much in the way of scientific explanations for the phenomenon but it exists. She can't even wear wind up watches as they unwind more quickly if she is excited or more slowly if she is calm. The only thing that works so far is a watch powered by a small solar panel.
Personally I don't wear a watch because I tend to loose them but no reason otherwise.

*Not all who wander are lost *

#45 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

It has been a couple of decades since anything large outright exploded on account of me, but I still can't wear any wristwatches, or use a touchscreen. I have to have a stylus or it all goes hooey... and yes I meditate &c, so no energy control rants please. Doing as best as I can.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#46 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

That is interesting. I still can't wear watches, drain them or they just stop working. I have blown up electrical appliances on occasion. That used to happen a lot.

I don't seem to have a problem with touch screens though.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#47 Lauvitra

Lauvitra

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

I like wearing watches. Much easier for checking the time than a phone, so I only take it off when I'm working and absolutely can't wear it.

Also, my watches never run out of battery. Ever. I've sometimes managed to break them (dropped my previous watch on a stone floor, broke something in it and had to get a new one), but I'm convinced that any battery in a watch that I'm wearing will last forever. My current watch has been going for five+ years and counting, even though I was told at the shop the battery should last only about two years max.

My cell phone batteries also seem to last much longer than anyone else's. Recharging it once every three weeks or so, and sometimes it goes for a full month without trouble.

"We pledge ourselves to you, the Frame-Maker, the Scarab:

a world for us to love you in, a cloak of dirt to cherish."