• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 8people

8people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

I remember one of those on a documentary thing *years* ago. It was on people who were 'unlucky' (hence documentary 'thing') and one of the women had odd readings, her problem was that animals hated her, she couldn't walk through the parks because squirrels would attack or throw things at her. I thought it was really funny (I think I was about eight) so it's always stuck in my mind.

#22 Guest_uniqdrgnfly_*

Guest_uniqdrgnfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

After I was attuned to Reiki, I could no longer wear a watch. They would just stop working. Then I decided not to even have a clock on my wall in my home. I don't even have an alarm clock.

If I want to know the time, I look at my cell phone or microwave. Time is time and I don't care to watch it...lol.

#23 ShadowKing

ShadowKing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I wondered when this was going to come up. My witchy grandmother can't wear mechanical watches they all stop working within a week of wear for no apparent reason. She was told by a watchmaker that watches aren't compatible with certain people.
"We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! " -Endora

#24 ShadowKing

ShadowKing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

Ive looked at more sources with this question because my simple travel clock always does crazy things when I handle it..

http://boards.straig...ad.php?t=545968

http://www.physicsfo...ad.php?t=403087

http://www.skepticfo...php?f=7&t=11419

"We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! " -Endora

#25 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

I wondered when this was going to come up. My witchy grandmother can't wear mechanical watches they all stop working within a week of wear for no apparent reason. She was told by a watchmaker that watches aren't compatible with certain people.

I so didn't need to hear this! I wear a watch because I've been wearing one since I was seven years old and feel quite naked without one. However, I kill batteries; and each & every watch I've ever had loses 2 minutes & stays there, no matter how many times I reset it. (I do take it off & put it in another room when 'working'.) I've been looking around for an old-fashioned mechanical watch that a: looked like a ladies' watch and b: had large enough numbers that I could read it without my glasses. It'd be just my luck that a mechanical watch wouldn't work on me.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#26 ShadowKing

ShadowKing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

I so didn't need to hear this! I wear a watch because I've been wearing one since I was seven years old and feel quite naked without one. However, I kill batteries; and each & every watch I've ever had loses 2 minutes & stays there, no matter how many times I reset it. (I do take it off & put it in another room when 'working'.) I've been looking around for an old-fashioned mechanical watch that a: looked like a ladies' watch and b: had large enough numbers that I could read it without my glasses. It'd be just my luck that a mechanical watch wouldn't work on me.

You might just affect batteries and be fine with mechanical watches, it seems some people drain batteries and some freeze mechanisms and some do both.

This kinda remind me of a tongue twister

If two witches watched two watches, which witch would watch which watch.

#27 anjeaunot

anjeaunot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

It seems likely that Wiccan concepts popularized the belief that watches should not be worn during magical operations.

English Wiccans believed that the “Power” raised in the circle would interfere with watches.

It is worth noting that Russian investigators into the Paranormal discovered that some people had a different (?) electro-magnetic field to the rest of us.

This may explain why some people have problems with anything which pertains to electric gadgets?

#28 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

This kinda remind me of a tongue twister

If two witches watched two watches, which witch would watch which watch.

The one I've always known is, "Which witch saw the witch wind her wrist watch?"

which really isn't all that hard I guess...

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#29 Ziggy

Ziggy

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

i've heard of this but i'm sure there are variables that need to be accounted also, how strong is the circle? what hour is it? what phase of the moon? so on and so forth. if you're wanting to use it that badly, use it. if it makes you feel better place a protection on it, something of yourself once you are truly connected to it, the object should be fine. i usually blood the objects i feel need a little protecting, but the fact that you are already so drawn to it is a good thing in itself.
*Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

#30 Archabyss

Archabyss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

1328958815[/url]' post='121956']
It seems likely that Wiccan concepts popularized the belief that watches should not be worn during magical operations.

English Wiccans believed that the “Power” raised in the circle would interfere with watches.

Yes, like ritual knives shouldn't be sharp. Meh.

Although I personally don't wear watches, yes they do run down on me but that's not an issue one can simply rewind them or reset the time, the problem is more that I do a lot of physical work out in the land and they break too easily for an item that is carried on my wrist. Too many bills for smashed glass faces dispite claims that this glass will withstand x pressure... X pressure maybe but not a witch falling out of a tree apparently.

#31 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Yep, can't do the watch thing either. Got tired of going through watches. Now, I have a cell phone so it doesn't matter.

#32 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yep, can't do the watch thing either. Got tired of going through watches. Now, I have a cell phone so it doesn't matter.

I don't wear one either. For me, it was the psychological stranglehold of always having to look at the time; like everything revolved around what time it was and what time it was going to be. Although, I have exchanged one chain for another; can't live without my cell phone. LOL!

#33 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Glad that its not just me that dosent wear one. The days fly past so fast anyway,usually kinda of guess the time and yep I don't do the cell phone also.

#34 Apryl

Apryl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

I wear watches but they're mostly decoration like a bracelet because they never run for very long or keep correct time when I wear them. I was getting batteries changed all the time, it drove my crazy. It never occurred to me that it would be me (I agree, I can be rather thick sometimes) until my aunt mentioned that the same thing happens to a lot of people in my family. For me this includes wind ups. They just freeze and stop working. Same is true for wall clocks but only in rooms I spend a lot of time in. Just won't keep time then invariably freeze up. My husband has some gorgeous antique clocks but he keeps them in his man-den so they'll run. :whistling: Lol

#35 Guest_atropa_*

Guest_atropa_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

It is worth noting that Russian investigators into the Paranormal discovered that some people had a different (?) electro-magnetic field to the rest of us.

This may explain why some people have problems with anything which pertains to electric gadgets?

Hello anjeaunot

I have never heard of the phenomenon of not being able to wear a watch before I read this thread. Thank you to all for the information.

English wiccans may believe that watches interfere with a working; I have never worked with wiccans so I don’t know whether they do or not, but if they do then they aren’t altogether wrong, except it’s the other way around. Wearing a watch doesn’t interfere with what they are doing; bringing a watch into a working can, and usually does, interfere with intelligences from this and other realms.

I personally would never wear a watch whether its working or not, nor would I bring jewellery or anything else containing ferrous metal into any of my workings, not only does it defeat some of the purposes I work to attain but it also causes offence to those I would wish to encourage.

I realise this my not be the ways of everyone, but it is a way I have found that works to advantage.

#36 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

I had to wear a watch or some kind of a time piece when I flew, due to the different time zones. It was an Airline requirement.They always gave me grief, and were a total nuisance. They would quit working or break. One time, the band broke, and I accidently cooked my watch inside the convection oven, with the meal we were serving. Couldn't figure out where the hell that watch went, untill that pesky passenger in seat 3A, rung his Flight Attendant call button !!!! After I retired from flying, I dismissed them totally from my person.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#37 Guest_atropa_*

Guest_atropa_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

I havent worn a watch since I retired from work, I ceremoniously put it in the bin on the day I left, I had been under servitude to time for a long time, It was and is, good to be free of it.

#38 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:40 AM

I have heard of people that have some electro magnetic something or other that effects watches and clocks.

I have been wearing the same spectacular watch for 6 years that my husband bought me for my 40th birthday, it never comes off my wrist!

This phenomenon has NOTHING to do with witchcraft what so ever!!

Neither does me wearing or not wearing a watch for that matter smile.gif

This . . . interesting and relative to some, but not necessarily to the practice of the Craft.  But, if one was so inclined he or she might find some way to utilize such a tendency.  I still cannot see how it matters to the practice of magic, other than some people might have to remove their watches before participating in any workings.

#39 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

I detest watches but I'm not sure how much of this I attribute to my craft. I dislike the idea of feeling beholden to time, almost as if it holds me down and restrains me from freedom of will and movement.

I don't break watches like some of you do but I do lose any watch I have tried to wear or if I manage to keep it a week or two then I snap the strap or something silly like that. They are also the first thing that goes when I lose my temper or feel frustrated, I've chucked quite a few over railway bridges etc in my time.

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#40 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Oh I most definitely can relate it to craft. Watches, batteries, electronics, whatever can be an energy source for some.  Or if one is so able, they can cause all kinds of mayhem with their enemies electronics, granted they have a bit of control over it. Communication electronics can also be used to influence people over great distances.  I was skeptical about that part at first until I actually used my cell phone in a spell.  In relation to watches, there are now smart watches which connect to ones cell phone which can be useful in this regard. 

On the flip side it does't mean shit if you can't control it.  In practical witchcraft controllable power and results are really the only things that matter, the rest is just potential and chaos.