Photo
- - - - -

My Personal Grimoires

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#41 Enlightenment

Enlightenment

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:02 PM

Great looking Grimoires you have there :)
~Knowledge really is Power~

#42 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

Your grimoires are beautiful! Mine are set up in the same way since it's so much easier to organize what is in them, with the only difference being that I have an odd habit of sewing the original sheet onto black cardstock and including bits and pieces of things. The entries about crystals have tiny pieces of the specific crystal sewn onto it, entries about essential oils and their properties have small baggies with a perfume tester strip in it, etc.

Take some pictures after your husband burns covers and let us see how it looks!

~ The Fallen Angel

#43 GeminiKiss

GeminiKiss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

What kind of sections is your grimoires divided into, Anjelwolf and anyone else free to answer. I'm starting mine now and I'm trying to get ideas of what to divide them into

*~GeminiKiss~*

#44 Nyx

Nyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

I first started writing spells on word and printing into a file although I found that I felt better connected to my grimoire when I wrote in it with my own drawings. I can usually find a page whenever I need to aswell as I usually remember when/where I wrote it!

I do love the picture of Madame Death though!

"Let us sleep for in dreams we enter a world that’s entirely our own.
Let us swim through the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud."

#45 Brambles

Brambles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

So beautiful!! I have to say I am so nosy when it comes to stuff like this, interesting to see how others do their Grimoires!

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives.
It may well be that they alone keep in memory
what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien.

#46 Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch

Mistress of havok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

Can't believe I've missed this one. Those are so beautiful and really cool. Do you have pics of the wood burned covers. Very interested to see how they look.
Age does not bring with it wisdom. Wisdom comes with experience.

#47 Brambles

Brambles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

What kind of sections is your grimoires divided into, Anjelwolf and anyone else free to answer. I'm starting mine now and I'm trying to get ideas of what to divide them into

I am in the same kinda boat. I recently bought two leather books off ebay (The Diary Shop), the smallest one as a journal to have on the go and the bigger one as a grimoire. I would like a small collection of grimoires to pass down - when I get to that point and when I stop being so fussy about my writing! ><

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives.
It may well be that they alone keep in memory
what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien.

#48 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

I know this is about two years too late, but people from the future may yet be curious!

As for myself, I have found that in the past, worrying about how to organize my journals or grimoire is a bit of a road block for me. Instead of feeling comfortable taking notes on current projects and adding things as I went along, I would always want to classify every experience I had as belonging to a specific category. I didn't want to lose any information, so therefore, everything I did had to be divided in to neat categories like 'Divination' or 'Correspondences' so it would "fit". I would even avoid exploring some things because I couldn't decide which section my notes would go in to! Now, instead of having sections in a binder or a book, I write out everything on loose-leaf paper with the date and a title. I have yet to organize them, because I don't need to. But if I did, I would then be creating categories and sections based off my path and the work I've done, instead of creating sections and trying to squeeze my path to fit them.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#49 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

I just went through a whole bunch of 3 ring binders and chucked out a lot of things, lol, including a lot of older journels. Felt good, and freed up a lot of room on the bookshelves.

#50 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

For me my Books are not organized into categories at all. They are more linear "recipe" books of all the spells I have pretty much ever done. Of course not every spell is put in as alot of spells are done on the fly with no preparation, but for all magic I perform that has a method to it worth remembering I enter it into the book. My books are half spell book half art project as well. I have tons of fun painting and decorating the pages and placing dried herbs and such into them. I will try to take some pictures tomorrow.

#51 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

To each their own, but I really would be loathe to put pictures up of my book.  That would be like posting pics of my diary for strangers.  The purpose of it is to show off or give ideas for people to copy.  Neither interest me. 

#52 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

To each their own, but I really would be loathe to put pictures up of my book.  That would be like posting pics of my diary for strangers.  The purpose of it is to show off or give ideas for people to copy.  Neither interest me. 

I agree.  Still can't fathom why anyone would do that.

#53 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

Not all of my books are full of things I wouldn't want anyone else to see. I was planning on posting pictures of my book of Spa Recipes and herbal remedies. Both subjects do not scream of privacy IMO. Most of my other books are quite personal and would never be open to strangers eyes. However my Milk and Honey bath recipe is not a very guarded secret. 

#54 heathenheart

heathenheart

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

I just took these pics about an hour ago...my binders are around 5 inches thick right now each. Here are a few pics of whats inside of them. When hubby gets home he is going to wood burn me wooden covers for my grimoires :smile:

Wow!!!  Yours is literally almost twice as long as mine!  Mine just suffered some pretty severe water damage in the last storm we had.  I guess that's what happens when you live in the basement.  Seeing yours makes me feel like mine needs more pictures...  When I get it all dried out and scanned back in, I think I'll work on making it prettier. :sunny:

Edited by Angelique, 07 August 2013 - 05:25 PM.

:oil-bottle: Heathen @ Heart :oil-bottle:

#55 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

I don't mind showing the outside and the endpaper section. Here they are. But whats inside is private.

Attached Files

#56 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

I don't mind showing the outside and the endpaper section. Here they are. But whats inside is private.

Nice Book Autumn Moon.  The inside started as blank or lined papers?

#57 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

You have some lovely endpaper, if I do say so myself!

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#58 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

Not all of my books are full of things I wouldn't want anyone else to see. I was planning on posting pictures of my book of Spa Recipes and herbal remedies. Both subjects do not scream of privacy IMO. Most of my other books are quite personal and would never be open to strangers eyes. However my Milk and Honey bath recipe is not a very guarded secret. 

That makes sense.  I just don't see those types of recipes as necessarily Grimoire-related.  I would probably post something like that in the herbal or home remedy section.  :)

#59 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

Well The Styles of both my Spell Books and my Herbal Remedy books are pretty much the same theme. So I want to post pictures of the Leather coverings of my actual spell books and Show some of the inside of my more harmless books. I am being rather lazy about it though.

#60 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

Nice Book Autumn Moon.  The inside started as blank or lined papers?

Thanks Exile. I chose to have blank pages.