Books by Mya Om

renascent

I did a search for books by Mya Om and did not see any results. I am curious if anyone has read any of her books especially "Energy Essentials for Witches and Spellcasters".

Many thanks

Thought I'd heard of her, I had a sample download of her 'un-spell book' but only read a few pages and didn't download the full version (on kindle).

Looking at her biog it appears she is an American Eclectic Wiccan so take that as you will. If you have kindle on your PC you can always download a sample of any kindle enabled book (from Amazon) to flick through the first twenty or so pages and make up your own mind.

I have both her books and find them interesting. If you want to read them, go ahead. I found them good because I've not always been especially good at raising energy and the info helped.

I'd never heard of her before, skimmed through an Amazon preview of "Energy Essentials for Witches and Spellcasters". It's definitely not something I would buy, but that's just me. Who knows, I could be missing out. lol!!

• 5 weeks later...

I took a look at "The Un-Spell Book: Energy Essentials . . ." on the recommendation of an acquaintence. I was immediately turned off by the first line in the introduction: "It does not take a great deal of skill or any type of special power to be a successful witch". (WTF?)

Mya Om's books clearly state that they are from a wiccan point of view. Reading a bit further, however, I decided to not be too hard on the author. At least, she was honest. When I read the word, Witchcraft, however, I expect real Witchcraft, but that is not the case here. It is what it is.

Once I got over being indignant, regarding semantics, I realized that the visualization exercises and energy work might prove useful to a newbie or at least give the reader some ideas for expanding their abilities. Certainly, nothing wrong with that. Such skills are not limited to Witchcraft, anyway. If it helps on your Path, use it, and all that. . .

My main issue with the book, aside from its whole wicca-extra-light tone (think positive thoughts, sprinkle fairy dust,etc.) is that once again its the same old thing in a different package. I've seen that visualize an apple exercise, for example, in ump-teen books claiming to be about Witchcraft. I would think that even a beginner would get tired of reading the same things over and over again.

Jevne

I took a look at "The Un-Spell Book: Energy Essentials . . ." on the recommendation of an acquaintence. I was immediately turned off by the first line in the introduction: "It does not take a great deal of skill or any type of special power to be a successful witch". (WTF?)

Mya Om's books clearly state that they are from a wiccan point of view. Reading a bit further, however, I decided to not be too hard on the author. At least, she was honest. When I read the word, Witchcraft, however, I expect real Witchcraft, but that is not the case here. It is what it is.

Once I got over being indignant, regarding semantics, I realized that the visualization exercises and energy work might prove useful to a newbie or at least give the reader some ideas for expanding their abilities. Certainly, nothing wrong with that. Such skills are not limited to Witchcraft, anyway. If it helps on your Path, use it, and all that. . .

My main issue with the book, aside from its whole wicca-extra-light tone (think positive thoughts, sprinkle fairy dust,etc.) is that once again its the same old thing in a different package. I've seen that visualize an apple exercise, for example, in ump-teen books claiming to be about Witchcraft. I would think that even a beginner would get tired of reading the same things over and over again.

Jevne

She does say some things that make that little line crease up between the eyebrows, but if a person was open to the idea of chakras and never really understood what is meant by 'raising energy', Mya Om's works are a nice introduction. They consist mainly of practical exercises. I believe she's right when she says that you can have all the tools you want and make the most elaborate spells and rituals, but if you haven't raised the energy, your spell will fail. It's like having the best gizmo in the world but no battery. Kinda. Anyway, the books are worth a look.

Try your local library, mine has both! (And I do, too).

I just finished reading Energy Essentials for Witches and Spellcasters. I have to say that I was disappointed. I gave the book a shot even though I had to go through a page or two of the mantra of 'Harm none' in just about every chapter. Mya Om states in the first chapter she is a Wiccan but also talks about her childhood with folk magic, so I was hoping to get something different than the usual stuff. Like I said, I was disappointed.

Good points: There are one or two exercises in the book that caught my attention... different variations on the basic stuff. Also if you are new to meditation, chakras, or casting this could be very beneficial or at least point you in the right direction.

Bad points: There is a bunch of fluff, and the fact that she tells the reader to make your 'shield porous to merge with someone else's energy' Seriously? That's just dangerous. First off, learn to use your shield, raise and lower it at will. She also states that you can 'choose what energy' you merge with. WTF? You can't choose squat about what you merge with. I can choose what ernergy I SEE, FEEL, or what chakra needs to be cleansed/ healed... but I can't choose what energy to merge with, not that I would anyway.

I guess I've worked with my chakras to long to have this book be beneficial. However, like I stated for the novice, or who hasn't worked with energy before it's a decent start. For the more experienced, pass on it. If you can name each of the major chakras, cleanse them, balance them on your own, you already know about the exercises in this book.

I However, like I stated for the novice, or who hasn't worked with energy before it's a decent start. For the more experienced, pass on it. If you can name each of the major chakras, cleanse them, balance them on your own, you already know about the exercises in this book.

I guess that's why it's called 'Energy Essentials' and not 'Advanced Energy Techniques' or something.

I didn't get a lot of the stuff she said about making shields porous, and some of what she said seems pretty lame (very Wiccan and all that), but I still liked her book(s) and think they're a great place to start for focusing on the chakras, understanding what it means to 'sense energy' and the beginnings of visualisation.

It's likely that advanced practitioners don't need or want to read a book. Maybe that's why there don't seem to be any. Possible?

Edited by Rowan

I guess that's why it's called 'Energy Essentials' and not 'Advanced Energy Techniques' or something.

I didn't get a lot of the stuff she said about making shields porous, and some of what she said seems pretty lame (very Wiccan and all that), but I still liked her book(s) and think they're a great place to start for focusing on the chakras, understanding what it means to 'sense energy' and the beginnings of visualisation.

haha... You are right about the Advanced energy thing. Please be careful with the merging of energy, it is very dangerous. Taking on anothers anger or pain can be devestating. I'll try to look up some of my old mediation books. They give great starting out points and excellent descriptions of each chakra and how to balance them. Playing around with them I was able to find new ways to channel energy.

haha... You are right about the Advanced energy thing. Please be careful with the merging of energy, it is very dangerous. Taking on anothers anger or pain can be devestating. I'll try to look up some of my old mediation books. They give great starting out points and excellent descriptions of each chakra and how to balance them. Playing around with them I was able to find new ways to channel energy.

You are right. Taking on the negative emotional energy of another person can be devastating; however, I would like to add two points to that. First, there are people who have no choice in this, including powerful empaths and mediums. Also, some folks actually merge energy voluntarily as a means of promoting emotional or psychological healing. I believe that at least one member of this site has that ability and uses it to help others.

Also, some folks actually merge energy voluntarily as a means of promoting emotional or psychological healing. I believe that at least one member of this site has that ability and uses it to help others.

I would love to talk with them. I have never been able to get through the emotions to heal IN someone's energy. I usually just get close and send it and let it absorb... kinda like a lava lamp.