Feeling uncertain.

eagleheart75

Ok first of all I am not sure that even spelled "uncertain" correct lol. But I was curious to know if it is common for me to be feeling as though I am uncertain as to wheather the stuff I am going through is truelly witchcraft or if it just me being goofy. I feel that it could be cause I want it to be, only so I can give a title to what I am feeling and experiencing. I am not sure if it is cause of my upbringing that I am questioning this stuff or what it might be. As I have stated b4 I have had these feelings of being different my entire life and being able to "feel" what others are feeling at any given time, my ability to sence when a person has entered the room or come within a close vacinity as me. and the dreams as I have stated b4. I guess I just want to know if I am not alone in my uncertainty. I dont want to be a poser I want to feel as though I belong. To be apart of something.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it certainly sounds as if you are intuitive, but intuition alone does not make a witch, but it certainly helps.

I think really, at first all of us question whether or not we're imagining it or not, but to put it simply science can't explain everything. Its taken 5000 years for quantum physics to emerge and prove that there are other dimensions to reality, this is something our ancestors figured out before we could write. So there is more to it than we know.

Personally I'm a scientist at heart. I set out to do something and see what happens, record it and move on from there. Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes something completely unexpected happens, but I enjoy my approach. Many on here do things differently to me, and thats fine.

As far as is it real or not, well what is reality? The problem we face is that this is all subjective as opposed to objective. We are a part of it and as such it is difficult to prove or disprove. As with a lot of things to do with witchcraft, people can point you in the right direction but the lesson is yours to learn.

Ok, so your not sure if you just want to feel special and belong to something. Well, guess what, we all feel like that even none witches. As a species we feel a need to congregate with like minded people (this isn't meant in a sarcastic way). Thats why we have sites like this.

If witchcraft is for you or not is up to you, but I think you should get a feel for it before you make your mind up one way or another. There are lots of people on here who will help you.

Everything you have been describing is very normal. It just takes time to get your head around alot of it. There's also a lot more to it than casting spells like herbalism, toad lore, folklore, cunning craft etc...

I know I don't do workings that often but many do. I prefer the intellectual musings of reality were as others prefer hands on craft work.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry and enjoy the ride. At the end of the day you'll learn something from it even if that means its not for you, but it doesn't mean you can't use forums etc.

I hope that helped, sounds a little harsh but type never conveys emotion well.

Be cool!

RC

Ok first of all I am not sure that even spelled "uncertain" correct lol. But I was curious to know if it is common for me to be feeling as though I am uncertain as to wheather the stuff I am going through is truelly witchcraft or if it just me being goofy. I feel that it could be cause I want it to be, only so I can give a title to what I am feeling and experiencing. I am not sure if it is cause of my upbringing that I am questioning this stuff or what it might be. As I have stated b4 I have had these feelings of being different my entire life and being able to "feel" what others are feeling at any given time, my ability to sence when a person has entered the room or come within a close vacinity as me. and the dreams as I have stated b4. I guess I just want to know if I am not alone in my uncertainty. I dont want to be a poser I want to feel as though I belong. To be apart of something.

Those are some serious life-changing questions you have. And unfortunately you are the only one who can truly answer yourself here.

Everyone goes through this period in various stages of their lives (be it witchcraft, relationships, careers, school, religion, etc.) and it is good to have these questions because these questions will "prompt" you into moving the direction you need to be advancing towards.

Though I do not know you very well, I can tell you that I not only applaud you asking these questions (because it shows me personally that you are serious about things) but also encourage you to seek out those intimate answers.

Just to share something about my family with you...my youngest daughter is exploring and questioning her spirituality right now. Mind you both of my girls were raised as witches. Her search for her own spirituality is "prompting" her to learn extensively about others faiths and cultures (Mayan, Sumerian, Hindu, etc.) and I applaud her on this and want her to question everything and seek answers to everything before settling for just one path.

This is a part of life...to question ourselves and our spirituality and then to seek those answers within ourselves gives us our own personal strength and belief systems.

I hope I helped some here :)

As a final note...do I look upon you as s poser? Not a chance. You questioning everything just proved you are worthy :)

Thanks for the posative feedback. I do feel that it helped a little, however in a certain sence of things I am just as confused as I was when I wrote that lol. I have explored my spirituality for many years I have followed that of shaminism and the native american religions as that is part of my family background. I have also tried to follow in the path of my families Christian beliefs ( again sorry my spelling is awefull lol ) as well.

I am very intuitive, I feel as though I am a deep thought kind of person I like to put a great deal of thought into everything I do and really dont do anything half-assed. That is why I would love to do more research on this path of religion, I am happy your daughter is doing this as well right now but on that same instance I feel as though ( as I stated in a different post) I should have made this journy many moons ago. As though I should already know what beliefe system I want to follow. I go through many things with this thought process.

Now as to my research on this Path of witchcraft what are some good artichles or books I can read, or documentaries I can watch, to get a bigger picture of things? I can tell you that just from reading a little of some of the other sites and this one I dont feel that the wiccan is for me. I also think that there is a time and a place for the use of both white and black arts. I want to learn them both and be able to know when and where those times are called upon. I hope that I dont come across to the lot of you as being a fool or that I am grasping for something that is not there. As I have stated I for some unknown reason to myself have a strong draw toward this stuff and want to know as much as I can in order to make a sound and rash decision. I would love to be able to learn the how and why to spell making and charms and the like. I just need to know where and how to look this stuff up, everything that I have come across in the local library here is like the outside world trying to tell me in storybook fashion what it all is. It would be like trying to learn how to walk from a quadrapalegic, it just would not work to well lol. Ok I have rambled long enough it is time for me to get some lunch and get out of this library lol. I will read and chat more tomorrow.

As Anjel said, to question is good but it sounds like you may have forgotten the question by following the answer. Maybe you should just sit back for a while and see what happens.

Unfortunately witchcraft takes a life time to learn and I believe many to master. Just take a deep breath, ground yourself and see what happens.

I would start by looking at the books section of the forum to get an idea of where to start. From there, just post your question and people will answer as best they can.

As Anjel taught me, its sometimes better to live the role than intellectualise about it. Intellectualising has its own problems, namely more questions than answers.

I appreciate that you want to know as much as possible, but it just takes time. The other thing is that a lot of trad witches don't view it as a religion, more a philosophy of living. Personally I acknowledge the ancestral shades and spirits or entities.

I think it may help you if you have a good read through previous threads on here. I think there was one recently about who does and doesn't acknowledge/worship various types of divine beings.

Don't forget, fish swim and Pooh (bear) just is! I use that line for centring my mind, although its a very Taoist comment.

RC:D

As Anjel said, to question is good but it sounds like you may have forgotten the question by following the answer. Maybe you should just sit back for a while and see what happens.

Unfortunately witchcraft takes a life time to learn and I believe many to master. Just take a deep breath, ground yourself and see what happens.

I would start by looking at the books section of the forum to get an idea of where to start. From there, just post your question and people will answer as best they can.

As Anjel taught me, its sometimes better to live the role than intellectualise about it. Intellectualising has its own problems, namely more questions than answers.

I appreciate that you want to know as much as possible, but it just takes time. The other thing is that a lot of trad witches don't view it as a religion, more a philosophy of living. Personally I acknowledge the ancestral shades and spirits or entities.

I think it may help you if you have a good read through previous threads on here. I think there was one recently about who does and doesn't acknowledge/worship various types of divine beings.

Don't forget, fish swim and Pooh (bear) just is! I use that line for centring my mind, although its a very Taoist comment.

RC:D

RC said it best :) I have nothing to add except to follow his advice :)

I would echo what RC said....Its a good idea to read the recommended books, it helps a bit but really I found the bst thing is just to be....slow down a bit, it doesn't matter what your age is or how long you have been searching for your true path. You may find it in this life time you may not, but learning and growing along the way can only be of value.

I have said for many years that I do't really follow any path and to an extent that is still true. I don't call myself a witch, yet,...I am exploring traditional witchcraft, listening to others and as previously stated, reading old posts here and any info I can get.

At the moment I can only be certain of what I am not!

Ladyhawk x

I had the same questions Eagle (sometimes still do). I have a long family history of witchcraft so I knew some things. I am very into herbalism. I started off with that area as it seemed to be the "ABCs" of the craft. I mostly studied and tried to "rationalize" magic. Obviously some of the older spells can now be easily explained by science. I'm a lot like RC- I really like the science end of it also. Just remember that a human uses very little of their brain which is basically pure energy. I am one of those people that believe that humans who insist that we are the only "intelligent" life in the universe are truly foolish. Call the beings what you will "spirits", "gods", "angels", "watchers", etc. They have existed among our ancestors since the beginning of recorded time. Called different names but each had similar powers yet these cultures had no communication with each other. (Iam putting a disclaimer here: I am responding to him about his christian upbringing which I had a hard time with myself- I really do not want to slammed over who believes what)

I studied a long time also. I did not do very much spell crafting other than healing or protecting. One day, I was mediating and I knew that it was time to get off that fence. I came here and Anjel knocked me off that fence and on my ass! I am very grateful to her. She is right. You have to feel it for yourself. The answers are within you. The more I practice even simple things such as bathing, the stronger my energy feels. It feels like a rose opening up within and each day I know things that I have no idea how I know it. I think RC is right about that also. It may take life times to learn and you may be feeling a prior life as a shaman. I haven't gotten around to exploring my past lives yet but look very forward to it. I've know for a long time where I was just not who I was. Opening myself up to the path has brought a great calm over me. Like an internal struggle has finally ended. That might be whats happening to you. Maybe just get on the ride and enjoy it!

;)

I had the same questions Eagle (sometimes still do). I have a long family history of witchcraft so I knew some things. I am very into herbalism. I started off with that area as it seemed to be the "ABCs" of the craft. I mostly studied and tried to "rationalize" magic. Obviously some of the older spells can now be easily explained by science. I'm a lot like RC- I really like the science end of it also. Just remember that a human uses very little of their brain which is basically pure energy. I am one of those people that believe that humans who insist that we are the only "intelligent" life in the universe are truly foolish. Call the beings what you will "spirits", "gods", "angels", "watchers", etc. They have existed among our ancestors since the beginning of recorded time. Called different names but each had similar powers yet these cultures had no communication with each other. (Iam putting a disclaimer here: I am responding to him about his christian upbringing which I had a hard time with myself- I really do not want to slammed over who believes what)

I studied a long time also. I did not do very much spell crafting other than healing or protecting. One day, I was mediating and I knew that it was time to get off that fence. I came here and Anjel knocked me off that fence and on my ass! I am very grateful to her. She is right. You have to feel it for yourself. The answers are within you. The more I practice even simple things such as bathing, the stronger my energy feels. It feels like a rose opening up within and each day I know things that I have no idea how I know it. I think RC is right about that also. It may take life times to learn and you may be feeling a prior life as a shaman. I haven't gotten around to exploring my past lives yet but look very forward to it. I've know for a long time where I was just not who I was. Opening myself up to the path has brought a great calm over me. Like an internal struggle has finally ended. That might be whats happening to you. Maybe just get on the ride and enjoy it!

;)

Baby nobody here is going to slam you on anything you said :) I agree with your post :)

You sound like you want someone or something to tell you exactly what you need to say or do to become a ________ (fill in the blank with traditional witch at this point in time). It simply doesn't work that way.

One of the most difficult things for me to learn is that I do not have to have a TITLE. For years I struggled along, trying to follow rules of different pagan and other religions, wanting to fit the mold and play the part... except... it wasn't REAL. I was doing what was said I needed to do, but it didn't FILL MY SOUL. It took me a while to realize that I had in me all along the things I need to be what I am... I'm Cairelle. Susan's daughter. Mabel's granddaughter. Am I a witch? I like to think so. But I'm also a spiritualist, a hoodooist, a spell weaver, an herbalist, a charmer, a psychic, a healer, and a slew of other things that can be ascribed to what I do. Others may disagree with what I call myself... but that doesn't matter. What matters is within MY soul and being... and that's it.

Discovering what encompasses me has been a long and arduous journey so far, and I can tell you too that the day I have it all figured out is the day that I need to go ahead and die. Life is a learning experience that never ends! I will continue to find new paths to walk, new avenues to explore, new ways of looking at things! I will always question and wonder. I will always be curious about things, and will put aside some things that held my interest but no longer do, so that I may take up another interest.

It's taken me 40 years to figure out that I am a constantly evolving woman who will never be able to peg myself to a wall of religious or spiritual certainty. We are all too small to understand what's truly out there, and can only hope to get a glimpse of some of it during our walk through this lifetime.

Do yourself a favor, hun... try to allow yourself to simply EXIST. Without spiritual rules. Then when you can figure out what you enjoy, what makes you feel good and powerful inside, what makes you HAPPY... then that's what you do. And that's the way it should be.

I hope this made some sense for you... ;)

And another thing... that quote down there that's on every one of my posts, the one by Chaucer?? It was originally written to apply to blacksmithing... but it damn sure applies to witchcraft as well.

Think on that, and apply it to yourself. :cool:

Am I a witch? I like to think so. But I'm also a spiritualist, a hoodooist, a spell weaver, an herbalist, a charmer, a psychic, a healer, and a slew of other things that can be ascribed to what I do. Others may disagree with what I call myself... but that doesn't matter. What matters is within MY soul and being... and that's it.

Discovering what encompasses me has been a long and arduous journey so far, and I can tell you too that the day I have it all figured out is the day that I need to go ahead and die. Life is a learning experience that never ends! I will continue to find new paths to walk, new avenues to explore, new ways of looking at things! I will always question and wonder. I will always be curious about things, and will put aside some things that held my interest but no longer do, so that I may take up another interest.

KW- I know you meant that for Eagle but those words hit very home with me. That is very much how I feel. I haven't been here very long but this forum itself has answered so many questions that books never did.

thank you all for the feed back. I must admit that I am just as confused now after reading these few posts as I was when I wrote the original post. Although I can understand what the lot you mean, I am finding it very difficult to, as yall put it, just be or just get on and ride it out. I am scared that if I dont take control of my path that I will not find it.

I can tell you also that I think I know where I should be, cause I feel the most free and at ease when I am in the woods, outdoors. I just love the feeling of being out there and absorbing it all in. From the sound of the wind blowing through the leaves and the critters rustling around on the ground and in the tree tops. When I can sit or stand outside in silence I feel as though I can just let everything go and listen to what ever comes to me. When I am inside or just in a tense situation I take myself back to that feeling and I try and draw from that sensation, for what ever the occasion calls for.

I will do as one of you suggested, I will look at the list of books on here and look them up. maybe I will find some answers there maybe I wont. maybe I am barking up te wrong tree again I dont know :confused:. The one thing that I do know for sure is I am a very spirtiualisic kind of guy.

Well I could keep writing here but I wont waste anymore of your time with this petty crap lol. I will just go read the list of books and see what I can get from there. Maybe I will find my way on my own. Sorry to have taken so much of your time and space on here I just dont know what I want and where to go get it. I think that ( I think it was KW ) one of you were right I am looking for somone to tell me where to go and look and it is not fair to the lot of you. I need to make this journy on my own at my own pass and time, I guess I just wanted a jump start to where I ultimately want to go.

You are certainly not wasting anyones time....we are all learning....its a continual process. I hope you didn't feel that people aren't interested...I have only been on this site a short time and the folks here couldn't have been more helpful.

But, if you feel that if you have to go it alone so be it....I did that and its a lonely road.

I hope you find what you are looking for...best wishes

LadyHawk x

You are certainly not wasting anyones time....we are all learning....its a continual process. I hope you didn't feel that people aren't interested...I have only been on this site a short time and the folks here couldn't have been more helpful.

But, if you feel that if you have to go it alone so be it....I did that and its a lonely road.

I hope you find what you are looking for...best wishes

LadyHawk x

oh no im sorry did not mean it to come across as me being sore at anyone. I know that everyone here has been AWESOME and listening to me and helping each other grow on their own path. that was just me being frustrated and a bit of a pooper lol

Och well...we all get days like that huh :)

I do know a little of what you are feeling...its not always easy is it...

LadyHawk x

and please dont think that i will stray from here. I have been to at least 2 or 3 other forums and they have all shunned me and directed me away from them. Yall have welcomed me and that means alot. I am quick to form alliences to those who help me and even quicker to draw enemies to those who try standing in my way lol.

no not at all. It is rather difficult. specially when I tell ppl that I am trying to learn about this and they tell me to pull myself back to the real world and out of Fantasy world. It kind of hurts.

Och yes..been there...joined three or four forums that were so arrogant and precious about their site.

It was like...we know our own....and you aren't one of them....so helpful :rolleyes:

Ladyhawk x

must be the quick responces dont stay lol. We all do have them days and today is one of mine.

It just gets hard for me at times cause I am being told that i need to pull my head out of the fantasy world and put it back in te real world. It is rather hurtfull. but I need to go for now my time on this machine is up thanks again all your input.

must be the quick responces dont stay lol. We all do have them days and today is one of mine.

It just gets hard for me at times cause I am being told that i need to pull my head out of the fantasy world and put it back in te real world. It is rather hurtfull. but I need to go for now my time on this machine is up thanks again all your input.

That's understandable :) So many times others from Christianity and other main stream paths tend to review the lot of us as one big "Harry Potter" group. I know it is not easy...but try to turn a deaf ear to those who say that to you :)

Magic & witchcraft is very much alive in todays world...just as it has always been :)

I would love to however the one most important person in my life at this time ( my probation officer) is the one telling me this stuff and It is kind of hard to just not hear what she says lol.

and I feel kind of goofy lol I was thinking that my quick posts were not actually posting, forgetting that their might be a 3rd page lol.

I would love to however the one most important person in my life at this time ( my probation officer) is the one telling me this stuff and It is kind of hard to just not hear what she says lol.

No....it's totally understandable...but still it is up to you...nobody has a right to tell you what spiritual path to follow.

Archived