• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

I've always had psychic abilities and from my earliest memories I recall OOB travel, voices, telepathy, precognition, telekinesis. I naively thought, as a kid, that everybody was the same and so it was ordinary. I totally took it for granted. I don't think my parents even knew because we just never talked about it...like discussing the air you breathe. I fell into mediumship when I was 17, then found out my mom was totally disbelieving, so again never discussed it thereafter. I worked to develop the trance technique when i went to college and met a trained medium. I was taught meditation and programming reality via visualization entirely through trance & spirit voices. That was back in the 1970's, and only in the 90's did I find Scott Cunningham's "Solitary Wicca", & that led to other books on witchcraft, so i learned that was what others called the things I took for granted. I never think of myself as a witch. This is just the way I am, and how I function. So, I'm in the camp with other worldly teachers.

#22 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

I'm also in the camp with other worldly teachers. Communication with spirits is one of my weaker talents, but even then when I started doing ancestor work, I got responses. And those responses have definite opinions of things I should know.

#23 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

Yep, otherworldly teachers all the way. Most of my teachers ( all of the best ones ) have been of this sort.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#24 Steriki

Steriki

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

A while ago I experienced some troubles and somebody suggested that I contact an ancestral spirit for guidance. Now this is not something I have much experience in and I've avoided it for a long time. Well I made contact with my paternal grandmother and things went well for a while. She had very clear ideas on what I should and shouldn't be doing. Became extremely bitchy when we had different opinions, after which I decided no more contact.
I did learn a lot from her, and have been considering apologising and trying again. I am starting to see the value of an otherworldly teacher, although I screwed up with mine.

*Not all who wander are lost *

#25 Anubha

Anubha

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:02 AM

I've always felt that there were spirits around me. When I was around seven I felt like I was being watched but that they were waiting for something. When I was 25, my life fell aprt and a experienced a calling. I had an OBE, an NDE. I could astral travel. I began to see spirits then and now have relationships with a few. One does specifically teach and help me with witchcraft. I've only really just accepted all of this in the past year or so. So, I'm still finding my way.

Also, I've read that as a part of a witch calling or a shamanic calling( there seems to be some overlap there) that the witchlet spends a lot of time alone and isn't properly enculturated. That was definitely my experience. My mother became very depressed and I was on my own.  I would think that if this is common among witches that not only do we have spirit teachers but that theses spirits may influence our lives and those around us in a profound way from very early on.

Edited by Anubha, 19 April 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#26 Anubha

Anubha

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:06 AM

A while ago I experienced some troubles and somebody suggested that I contact an ancestral spirit for guidance. Now this is not something I have much experience in and I've avoided it for a long time. Well I made contact with my paternal grandmother and things went well for a while. She had very clear ideas on what I should and shouldn't be doing. Became extremely bitchy when we had different opinions, after which I decided no more contact.
I did learn a lot from her, and have been considering apologising and trying again. I am starting to see the value of an otherworldly teacher, although I screwed up with mine.

I would bet you'll have other chances. If not with that particular ancestor, perhaps with others.

#27 Steriki

Steriki

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

She's the only one trustworthy enough (not such nice family!) so yes I will have to sort it out. It's just that we are both very stubborn. When she was alive she was quite an intimidating person and I would never have dared to argue with her the way I did. Guess I will have to remember that, after all she hasn't changed. I'm learning a bit every day.

*Not all who wander are lost *

#28 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

I found progress to be reeeeally slow for me until I connected to a spirit whose help has been beyond valuable. He teaches me things I never even thought to know about or consider. In fact, he reached out to me while I was doing tarot one night and not really trying to reach out to that realm. I have an ancestor that doesn't like to let very many other spirits near, so my work with non-ancestral spirits is always a challenge--except for this one. 

And the only stuff my ancestral spirits seem interested in helping with is business and finance, lol. Some commentary about my lifestyle, usually unsolicited...Anyone else get this type of help from the other side? 

I haven't learned nearly as much from living people or books.  

#29 Anubha

Anubha

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

I found progress to be reeeeally slow for me until I connected to a spirit whose help has been beyond valuable. He teaches me things I never even thought to know about or consider. In fact, he reached out to me while I was doing tarot one night and not really trying to reach out to that realm. I have an ancestor that doesn't like to let very many other spirits near, so my work with non-ancestral spirits is always a challenge--except for this one. 

And the only stuff my ancestral spirits seem interested in helping with is business and finance, lol. Some commentary about my lifestyle, usually unsolicited...Anyone else get this type of help from the other side? 

I haven't learned nearly as much from living people or books.  

I wish an ancestor would help me out with business and finance, lol! I think they were all poor!

#30 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

I wish an ancestor would help me out with business and finance, lol! I think they were all poor!

Haha. I appreciate it now, but I was pretty disappointed when I was younger and totally sure that I would neeeever start my own business. I was pretty underwhelmed by the mundane nature of the communication, I was so sure that there'd be some big, mystical messages or something but nope. More like, "you disrespect the art of crafting beer when you drink a pint as fast as you did last night." Thanks, grandpa, I will begrudgingly accept that you might have a point there but why can't you tell me what it's like on the other side instead?

Edited by Madame, 26 April 2017 - 11:39 PM.

#31 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

Haha. I appreciate it now, but I was pretty disappointed when I was younger and totally sure that I would neeeever start my own business. I was pretty underwhelmed by the mundane nature of the communication, I was so sure that there'd be some big, mystical messages or something but nope. More like, "you disrespect the art of crafting beer when you drink a pint as fast as you did last night." Thanks, grandpa, I will begrudgingly accept that you might have a point there but why can't you tell me what it's like on the other side instead?

Lol, clearly a well crafted brew > the great mystery of the afterlife. Clearly your grandfather was a man of priorities; I've got respect for that.