Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Learning Through Intuition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#81 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

I still think all the "how did it start, who first tried it, where did they get the idea from" etc may also have come from a "teacher" and not necessarily the human. And I think that some of the growths and changes may well still come from the same way.

M

You wrote something similar to this in another thread and I lean towards your idea as well, I don't presume to know where this gift of knowledge came from, but I do think it was a gift given, then expanded and shared. JMO

Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#82 Marabet

Marabet

Miss Clavel's Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

I agree with Michele and Brigid on their point, as well. I have so many thoughts on this I think I need to create a spin off...

I think traditional in the context of this site means approaching witchcraft how witches have for centuries, from the practical mindset that we do what works for what we need done. And whether what works was made up last week or evolved out shamanism and was passed down through families and teachers to students through th millennia; the witch will use it if it suits him. It can certainly help to have some guidance, whether taught from authors, teachers, or the hardknocks of life itself you live and learn and witch.

Love this! Thank you.

Edited by Maggie-in-the-Mead, 17 September 2011 - 03:42 PM.

I ran to a tower where the church bells chime
I hoped that they would clear my mind
They left a ringing in my ear
But that drum's still beating loud and clear

{Florence + The Machine 'Drumming Song'}

#83 Marabet

Marabet

Miss Clavel's Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

Spin-off http://www.tradition...403#entry111403
I ran to a tower where the church bells chime
I hoped that they would clear my mind
They left a ringing in my ear
But that drum's still beating loud and clear

{Florence + The Machine 'Drumming Song'}

#84 moonthorn

moonthorn

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

In my experience, listening to my feelings tells me what to do.

Meditation is important as well (something that I've allowed to suffer, with my road trip, move, & a busy two months of nonstop work & creation)

Intuition, paired with what I'm shown in the Otherworld, are most individually true in my experience.

#85 oldwillow

oldwillow

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

This a very comforting topic for me. I am a very self critical individual and since very small I realized I can to talk with plants, specially trees. Now at least I have a base to understand some of those behaviours and start listening more what they say, follow my intuition about what they want me/need me to do instead of thinking I got some schizo personality. 

#86 Theneva

Theneva

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

As a result of this thread I have purchased a Kindle edition of Paddon's book on Enchantment. I'm relishing his perspective voraciously and am looking forwards to learning techniques, which is a point I lack it tremendously more than I knew before now. I love it. :chakrahearts: Thanks all!!

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.

~Sally Kempton

Theneva~ Theneu, Thenu, and Denw. The daughter of a Pictish king.

(I believe this over the xtianized name explanation)