33 replies to this topic

#21 magentarose

magentarose

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

Thanks for all your replies and links to the older discussion. It has been very informative. What I have gathered is a I need to work on my mediation skills more. So thank you :)

There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who want things to happen, those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell happened!

#22 Imya

Imya

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

I discovered witchcraft at 13, but never thought I knew enough or had enough confidence to try a spell. Plus back then, I never really had anything serious enough to do a spell about!
About 2 years ago, I got seriously into witchcraft, and gained the confidence to try a spell! But I didn't do it properly, I didn't concentrate enough, visualise the outcome, or meditate on what I wanted. Needless to say the first few attempts failed.
So the first spell that worked for me was...
My boyfriend was desperately applying for jobs, left, right and centre. He finally got an interview for one. They said they'll call him later on if he's been successful. Two days passed so we gave up and assumed he wasn't successful. So I decided to do a spell. I concentrated properly, and voila! He got a call 3 days late saying he got the job.
However, it was the way I worded the spell. I included the line, "give him a chance" They gave him a 2 month period, and after that they got rid of him.

I don't do spells too often, my main witchy duty is being connected to mother earth.

Imya

#23 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

I don't do spells too often, my main witchy duty is being connected to mother earth.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#24 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

I thought I'd join in :D

The first spell I did that I can really remember was quite a vengeful one.

The situation was, I was seeing a man. Together we had a second girlfriend, and the three of us dated each other.

This other woman turned quite emotionally needy and ended up accusing my boyfriend of emotional manipulation or something that got me quite butthurt. She ended up breaking up with us. I was upset because she caused my man some degree of emotional pain, so I decided to get back at her.

Earlier in the week I had blown the yolk and whites out of some eggs. I took one egg and stopped up one end with clay (when you blow out an egg, you have to poke two holes in it). I wrote all over the egg in crayon I think all the mean things I felt about her and I directed the entirety of my anger in to the egg, filling it up, so to speak. When I was done I stopped up the other end and covered the entire thing with clay so my writing wasn't visible. I wrapped it up for a few hours, and when it was night I took it outside, re-focused my intent, and smashed the egg on the ground. A huge wave of vertigo swept over me and I almost fell down, and I was dizzy for several seconds. When my wits came back to me I smashed up the egg with my foot and went back inside. I was thoroughly exhausted.

The main intent was that she would "never" find anyone else to date. I was quite put out later when I found out she did, but she ended up going through a string of successive relationships that seemed to fail for no good reason.

I've occasionally wondered since then if my little curse is still going (it's been a couple years and we are no longer in contact) and if I should try to un-do it. But I don't know how to try and undo it anyway. Maybe that will be a project I will look in to in the near future.

Although it doesn't count as spell casting the way I understand it, I also started shielding when I was a child and well before I had any idea what it was. I still use the same techniques today.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#25 pyewacket

pyewacket

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

Although I know it wasn't my first, it is the first I really remember because I saw how much we affect the world, we witches. I was eight and had a crush on a classmate. I wanted him for my 'boyfriend' (whatever that meant to eight year olds. I know it meant hand holding and note passing). The eternal problem, however, was he had a 'girlfriend' who happened to be a rival little girl in my class.

I did the ole' stand by sliced apple/apple seed love spell, "Warm Seed Warm Heart let them never be apart" etc etc.

It worked quite well, but my little rival, his now 'ex' girlfriend was out sick for two weeks. I don't recall now if he was no longer her girlfriend by any action on his part or simply by the absence of her and my being there. Either way it was the first time, in my young mind, that I really thought of consequences.

To this day, I always consider before I cast. But, of course, being a born witch I still am foolish and often act to quickly. But, what can one do. Power is a responsibility but also a temptress who can easily sway you down the wrong path.

#26 moonthorn

moonthorn

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

Wow! A formidable question.

I must think on this.

One of the first spells was done more as a ceremony. It all felt so dangerous, mysterious, & familiar at the same time.

My best friend & I got together, threw on Yanni & Loreena McKennit, lit candles with glitter in them (bad idea) while my very Catholic parents were away for the day.  

My first spell was very inundated with Ancient Egypt. It was to Aset - a spell for love. Looking back, it may have worked, but I didn't really know what I was doing. All I had was Llewellyn & I didn't let myself listen to whispers, feelings, currents. I was 12 & probably just wanted to feel magical carrying around a big tome on Isis, or what-have-you)

It's funny - for the first year, this was all such a "religious" thing for me (breaking out of a catholic household that did not accept my orientation OR my "heathenry"). I suppose that was due to it being all I knew. Spells didn't factor in. The idea of lighting a candle was really just to worship whatever divinity I'd taken a liking to. (looking back, I couldn't separate the religion from the magic - which was essential to my growth & learning about my own very real Craft, Wyrd, & Other World)

After I broke out of my Wicca phase, my world opened up inside.

That was 14 years ago. So thankful I did. & still learning.

Edited by moonthorn, 06 September 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#27 melusine

melusine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

I remember my first spell! I was 16, almost 17, and had just finished working my first job, which was just a summer parks & rec job.  When it was over i decided i'd like to maybe work part time during the school year.  I'd purchased this little new agey book of spells and there was a 'get a job' spell.  I can't remember the "ingredients" for it but i remember that it was to be done on a Friday.  So, i gathered together, (went out a bought), the items suggested in the book and on a Friday evening did the spell, completely by the book, words and all. 

On the following Monday i got a call asking me to come in to Goody's (anyone remember that little retail store?) for an interview.  It had been maybe almost six months, give or take, since i'd filled out an application for the job! So yeah... it kinda freaked me out.  I actually told my dad about it and he said, "Call them back. tell them you're not allowed to work during the school year."  I think he was freaked out about it, too. :smile:

I remember doing a lot of little spells out of that book that actually seemed to work with very little effort out side of a 'let's try it and see... and have a little bit of fun' attitude.

Edited by melusine, 08 April 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#28 Nyx

Nyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

My first spell was a healing spell for my Grandmother. It worked rather well, if I do say so myself.

2 days after I completed the healing ritual, her blood levels "miraculously" went back to normal and she was out of hospital 2 days later. 

"Let us sleep for in dreams we enter a world that’s entirely our own.
Let us swim through the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud."

#29 melusine

melusine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

My first spell was a healing spell for my Grandmother. It worked rather well, if I do say so myself.

2 days after I completed the healing ritual, her blood levels "miraculously" went back to normal and she was out of hospital 2 days later. 

That's awesome! :)

#30 MidnightEve

MidnightEve

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

My first spell was when I was in 6th grade.  I became best friends with this girl in band.  Well she had another friend that she had grown up with. I am sure you could see where this was a problem.  The girl absolutely hated the fact that "I had stolen her best friend". We would fight constantly, arguing back and forth.  Not to mention we all had a class together.  It got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore.  I wasn't trying to take her away. I wanted us all to be friends.  So I cut her picture out the yearbook and did a enemy to friend spell that I had found online. The next day I went to school and the girl was acting like nothing was wrong with us.  She became a really good friend after that. At that age I really had no idea what I was doing, but looking back now I see that I might have been a witch all a long. 

#31 CailinRua

CailinRua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

The best advise I could give you is to be unhibited. It sounds easy, but it's not. One doubts, one feels a bit awkard, etc., and one is guided by deep-seated cultural conditioning of what is appropriate and what is not. Even within the craft there are things one can do that others may feel is inappropriate or incorrect, and that can inhibit one if one lets it. Long ago I sat naked in front of a mirror and drooled all over myself and just stared at myself doing it. I can now do anythign magicaly and/or in a ritual and not feel the least bit embarassed or inhibited about it, lol. Once you've purposely done the stupidest, sillyest, dumbest thing you can possibly imagine you can work freely with no inhibitions. I throughly recommend drooling on one's self at least once, lol. I had no teacher once I left my original coven, so I had to start by being willing to do anything and everything and not letting "oh god - what would other witches think if they saw this" bother me. I had to go by impulse and guidance, and to do that one has to be able to do anything without inhibition becuase some of the impulses are downright weird, lol, but no impulse should ever be taken for granted.

M

Hehe, I love this advice, silly and sound (why cant all advice be this way?) !! I have been known to just turn the mirrors around so as not to distract myself and for other reasons but had never thought of something like this to loosen up and get comfortable.

Do you remember your first spell? What was it (if you remember and don't mind saying)? Did it go as planned? What did you learn from it? What advice would you give to someone about casting spells? Do you use a protection spell first?

I do remember my first intentional spell, it did go as planned and it DID work
. My advice would be to NOT "go through the motions". By that i mean dont do things that dont resonate with you just because its how you think others go about similar workings or because you read it somewhere and think it is more authoritative just because of that. My first spell i cast out a circle, complete with correspondences, and some other excessive (to me) and elaborate things that only served to distract from my focus and use up energy i could have otherwise put directly into the working itself. What works for one person may hinder another, the key is to be self aware and trust yourself, and probably follow Michelles advice too because it just makes sense in a really fun way. I mostly learned that I am, indeed, a magical fecking lady, and that i had a looooong way to go (I was and still am most excited about the journey itself and the AHA moments are teh fruits). Anyway, there are my thoughts :)

#32 DusterGalaxy

DusterGalaxy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

I did a "love spell" with a friend at fourteen that didn't work at all!  Looking back it's clear to see why.  I think I did one or two more around age sixteen or seventeen.  Haven't done any since, but have done lots of affirming, visualising, and divination.

#33 Esme

Esme

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

This is a really fun topic. I enjoy reading about everyone's first spells.

My first spell was a money spell. I went all out (based on books I'd been reading): I had a colored candle (which I carved dollar signs into), a custom tea blend with herbs for prosperity, and a nail polish with a color representing success. I lit the candle, said the words I had written, and then drank the tea and painted my nails while the candle burned down. The next day, I was at the vending machine at my office and found an extra dime in the change slot. I remember thinking "Okay.... will have to be more specific about how much money I need next time." Two days later, I was offered more hours at my job (I was only part time.) At that point, I was feeling really drawn to witchcraft but still a bit skeptical. My reaction was "WOAH" and I haven't stopped since.

#34 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

The first true spell I recall doing was actually a sigil type spell that I drew into the dirt as I cast it.  Don't recall what it was for now only that it was a sigil and one I would use many times and at one point take as a figurative representation of myself.

The first money spell I did was years later.  Recall I cast it as I walked down the street to the store.  Went inside and found 20 dollar bill on the floor.  Perhaps one of the most useful for I also discovered that the 20 I found came out of the torn pocket of a woman who couldn't feed her child once it was lost.  I had an ethical dilemma then, keep it or give it back and re-evaluate why I cast spells.  I choose to give the money back and changed the reasoning for why I did spells.

Edited by monsnoleedra, 26 July 2014 - 11:10 PM.