Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Phoenix

Magic Mirrors

I'll take it you are laughing about the soul thing and not my typos - which I've had too many of lately, snow tired I guess, lol. The sentence should have been ' asked if I thought....'

I'll take it you are laughing about the soul thing and not my typos - which I've had too many of lately, snow tired I guess, lol. The sentence should have been ' asked if I thought....'

No, not laughing at the typo.  I'm guilty of too many myself.  I thought your answer was perfect.  I too hate people insisting on taking my pic. Makes me wonder what they plan on doing with it.

No, not laughing at the typo.  I'm guilty of too many myself.  I thought your answer was perfect.  I too hate people insisting on taking my pic. Makes me wonder what they plan on doing with it.

OT, but I agree.  I hate having my picture taken, anyway, but when they insist upon it, I get pissed.  It makes me feel violated.  It makes me wonder, what they are going to do with it, too.  When people post multiple pictures of themselves AND THEIR CHILDREN all over the place, including on here and other places full of total strangers . . . OMFG!  Those people need to read the thread on taglocks.

Rant over.

Makes me wonder what they plan on doing with it.

_____

Me too. I'm thinking, 'what do you want it for'? Must be the paranoid witch in me, lol. That, together with me not being photogenic most of the time, makes me cringe.

The other day on campus, a young man came up to me with a very fancy camera and asked if he could take a few photos of me. I assumed he was a photography student and I said, "sure." When he began taking a photo or two I said, "this is for a class, right?" He said, "nope." This weirded me out a great deal. Later, when I was waiting for my class to open, he found me again and started taking more pictures without saying anything. This is what I get for trying to be helpful to students :razz:

I am finished with the physical construction of the mirror! Thought I would post a picture here before I spell it for use and hang it above my altar.

I've never done this before--the mirror or frame glass keeps its sheen when painted or do you use a gloss??

Aloe

I wondered what the heck is rose attar, so I googled it.

Now, I'm wondering what the rose attar and egg yolk (plus blood) are mean't for on the back inside (if you don't want to say, fair enough), and you don't take pictures of them - again, I am curious (polite word for nosy) and I am wondering the reason there of.

LOl!  That's my polite word for nosy too AM. :) Hey, hi! btw, long time no write to. :) 

On the back of clear glass, matt or gloss works, as the glass dose indeed keep it sheen. I like the look of a gloss best myself, but I've tried both and both work nicely. Good luck!

LOl!  That's my polite word for nosy too AM. :smile: Hey, hi! btw, long time no write to. :smile:

_____

Hey, Hi Lynn. I was wondering when you might pop in. You missed all the dramatics, but then who needs them.

On the back of clear glass, matt or gloss works, as the glass dose indeed keep it sheen. I like the look of a gloss best myself, but I've tried both and both work nicely. Good luck!

OOooh, *regular* glass, not mirrored glass and on the *back*!

*sigh* DOH!

TY,  I had a mental-pause day I suppose.  I have thought about playing with mirrors, but haven't yet. Really fascinates me!

_____

Hey, Hi Lynn. I was wondering when you might pop in. You missed all the dramatics, but then who needs them.

Reading them is a guilty pleasure of mine. (as is sometimes playing with the drama-king/queen)  But ultimately, I agree, and have to be careful not to indulge too much because it just isn't good for me. :)

k, I know off-topic!  Moving on!!

I liked the idea of a making a small black mirror with a watch face, and then I thought about the old pocket watch I have, using that as an easily portable black mirror, also since  it is on a chain it could work as a pendulum as well. A double purpose pocket tool!

Another idea would be to use the lenses of eye glasses for smaller black mirrors, or even the entire set of eye glasses, this could be very useful if you wanted to see through someone elses eyes.

I used to have a book that had instructions to make a beautiful black mirror, so I did. I never could get a good read with it, but I think that was down to me and not the mirror. Anywho, in the instructions it said you needed to charge the mirror. Seems that moonlight had something to do with it and you needed to always store it covered with a cloth just for that purpose, and not leave it out uncovered because it is a portal. I made a bag, like a large dice bag that was lined with silk. Seemed to work just fine. Loved seeing this post. I think I will make another one and see if I can get better at scrying with one.