Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:05 PM

WOOHOO well done 53 those are WONDERFUL :applause:
Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#42 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:59 PM

Ok, guys and gals, here are my finished mirrors. They turned out perfect and I am very pleased with the results. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Very lovely!

The doll is fairly creepy, though. lol

#43 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:34 PM

Hahaha, Leigh.

Diderot (his name) is my version of a FurryJack. He works with me.:lmao:

Other than that, I have a collection of creepy dolls and puppets. Alas, I have not caught any of them missing or walking around at night...but they do keep the undesirables away. :bolt:

Here is one I just bought off e-bay this morning (she's 18 inches tall, shells and such in her braided hair, and what eyes!).

Regards,

Attached Files

• Attached File  Doll.JPG   16.94KB   30 downloads

#44 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

WOW! I love the mirrors 53! And everything else you have in those pics...very cool stuff!
[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#45 Guest_Dee_*

Guest_Dee_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

I like her. I liked the other doll too. I collect dolls as well and I find many people are creeped out by them. Especially the older ones. None of mine have walked either! (Um not that I know of:eek:)

#46 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

Hey Dee.

I bought another doll at an antique shop recently (you can see him in the corner behind the chair in one picture) who has his head cracked in half (right how he is wearing that top hat to keep his head together, lol). But he has this eerie white (shows up in the dark better) clown face and a movable jaw (like a ventriloquist dummy), so I though...hmmmm, yes, he has the creep factor and I took him up to the counter (only $4.00). The lady said, "Ewwwwww," so I told her I was buying him for one of my grandchildren.

....well, I thought it was funny....

#47 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:49 PM

I like her. I liked the other doll too. I collect dolls as well and I find many people are creeped out by them. Especially the older ones. None of mine have walked either! (Um not that I know of:eek:)

I blame Poltergeist (the first movie) for my distaste for dolls. I was nine when it came out and watched it with my parents, nearly peed myself when the damn clown attacked and dragged my sister with me to the bathroom. Locked up all my dolls that night and never felt such love for them again.

Don't walk around, my ass. :shock:

lol

#48 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

Don't walk around, my ass. :shock:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

#49 Guest_Dee_*

Guest_Dee_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

I see him 53rd! He's cool. I like the top hat - looks like it was made for him. I'm thinking he's a little mischief maker lol!

#50 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

Doll with Top Hat?

-creepy-

Mirrors?

-wonderful-

#51 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:18 AM

Doll with Top Hat? -creepy-

Perfect! :applause:

Mirrors? -wonderful-

:thanks:

#52 Ember_Dragonfly

Ember_Dragonfly

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:03 AM

The mirrors look great!! You did an excellent job on them. :)

-- Ember

#53 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

I have a "magic" mirror, but it isn't for scrying. Some time ago, someone at work was giving me and the atty I worked with a REALLY hard time and creating TONS more work and then trying to get us in trouble, and just generally making work hard and threatening my livelihood. I am a good, hard worker. If I mess up, show me how to do it right. If I am lazy and deserve to be fired, then so be it. But don't try to push me out because of your own greed/problems/whatever. So (short story version) I took a mirror and did a "spell" that anything negative sent my way would be reflected back to the person sending it. I hung it up in my office. I'm still there ;-) The other person is not... not because I got them fired but because the higher-ups decided this person was not working well with others and might at some time try to take clients from the firm. Don't know if that counts as a magic mirror or not.

#54 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:03 AM

I do many things like this for my friends or clients where they have problems at work, it can even work with normal mirrors as well. I wouldnt suggest using a Ba Gua mirror though as they are just too powerful (although some instances can call for the use of one)

You could put it down to coincidence or believe in it. But it will work every time :)

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#55 arabi

arabi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

WOW, those mirrors are awesome 53!:applause::applause::applause:. Great house too, love it. Thanks for sharing these:)
Somewhere, however far or near, there is something very dark and grim hurtling toward each one of us. We just don't know when it will hit. Then, quite suddenly, it won't be all right at all.

#56 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

I have two kinds of magic mirror: one used in protection; and one used for scrying.

The first is an ordinary mirror that reflects, and that is far as I am prepared to go in explaining its job.

The second is a black obsidian mirror made by a Cornish craftsman (who also does work for the Museum of Witchcraft). I use it the same way as I do my crystal balls: I enter a trance and then watch the message as it unfolds. It works pretty much the same way as the crystal ball, but the frequency (energy signature) is different, as obsidian is a different material from quartz, citrine or aqua lumeria.

#57 witchwood

witchwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

Mirrors can be used for many things. When making a scrying mirror you can try adding ash to the paint if trees are your thing. This puts a different texture on the finished product and depending on the tree helps with the way it works for you. The quantities of the mix is something you need to try out depending on the fineness of the ash and the thickness of the paint.

Michele covers another type of mirror use which is similar to how we use them. If you have a lot of negativity to get rid of a great way is to create a mirror by painting the back of the glass with four coats, one for each element. Once dry and set up in the frame which may have associated runes painted or engraved or drawn on it. You then project these negative thoughts into it. Follow that up with a clear mirror and do the same with positive thoughts. You can build on this ritual with moon phases etc depending on your path but however you work it the mirrors are effective.

#58 Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch

Mistress of havok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:12 AM

Sometime when I get the chance to go home, I'm going to get some pics of the couple of black mirrors I have. I love working with them, they have been so useful, more so than Tarot or Runes have been for me. I don't know why, I just can work easier with the mirrors. They were fun to make.

I know it's old, but 53 those are awesome mirrors, wish mine were that awesome. The doll with the top hat, my kind of creepy.

Age does not bring with it wisdom. Wisdom comes with experience.

#59 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:26 AM

My mirror broke unfortunately :cry:.

#60 GeminiKiss

GeminiKiss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

i have 3 questions...yes im sorry...im a newb
1. how do you see into a black mirror or a crystal ball or pendulum? you just meditate or what?

2.what is a furryjack?...lol

3. how do you see spirits? in 53's pictures i could kinda tell something was there but how do you know?

sorry for bombarding yall with questions i just want to know :)

*~GeminiKiss~*