• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#21 StarChilde

StarChilde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:25 AM

I have this 'terrible' habit. Every time someone tells me I absolutely must do something, of course I refuse, and every time I am instructed to not do something, then it seems I must do it, just to see why I shouldn't. As you can all tell, I'm still here and still in one piece.

StarChilde

#22 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

LOL Hey Sara! Some of my best friends live there in the underworld! Take time and get to know some :)

LOL! Maybe one day I'll be talking to someone who lives there and I'll bring up your name! LOL!

[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#23 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:02 PM

If they don't bring up Anjel's name first! :bolt:

#24 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

LOL! Very true!

#25 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:17 PM

Lol

#26 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

Dark, in reply to your post, I created two mirrors since I had two oval frames, one with convex glass and one flat glass --one using acrylic paint and the other using enamel. From what I have read, either one is used. Instructions from various sources also can't firm up whether one should use glossy or flat black. Dag-it! I used glossy for both with a few drops of my blood. If I get the chance, I will post pictures of the finished products. I still need to apply one more coat to each inside and paint the frames (as both are goldish-colored metal). I may or may not add symbols--I kind of like the all-black, no-nonsense, non-distracting--BLACK. I will be adding black felt to the back of each and maybe tuck some mugwort, wormwood, and something else in the back somewhere before I close it up--still thinking about that. This is my first attempt at black mirrors.

Anyway, the paints, both purchased at Walmart, I used are:

AppleBarrel Gloss Acrylic Paint 20409 Black (in the hobby section)--specifically recommended for glass and you can wash up with soap and water.

and

Plasti-Kote Brush-On Odds 'n' Ends Fast Dry Enamel Gloss Black B1 (in the hardware/paint section)--suitable for glass and you clean up with xylene or other paint cleaner (also has slight fumes).

I tried both types of paint because I don't know the difference in how they will adhere, stay adhered (no chipping, running, etc.) or last (enamel vs. acrylic). They should both last a long time since the paint is on the back of the glass and protected with felt.

I'll try to post pic's later.

Regards,

#27 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:55 PM

Very cool 53!!! Thanks for the info! I would love to see the finished product!

#28 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

Thank you for the paints! That is a great help! When I make mine I will take pics.:D

#29 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:25 AM

Hmmmm. The more I look at them, the better I am liking their original faded gold frames. I think I will keep the frames the color they are. Silver (colored) frames are recommended by some (the moon connection), and I was considering all black, but the dull gold is appealing to me with the black glass inserted.

Assembly will be delayed as I am going to have to lightly sand the inside of the frames and apply some clear coat to this area as they have become trace rusty on the inside (they are rather old--oh, probably, my guess, 1930's? or before).

#30 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:16 AM

I would like to know what the answer to this also because I was under the impression that it was like reading the tarot or like tea leaves and there was no need to "close the portal".:D

Either that or I am not closing a portal as I should when I read my cards:eek: but I didn't know I was opening one either if I was!:shock:

Also I was under the impression that the mirrors were not to be kept out in the public:confused:

Honestly I never closed or opened any portals...I just communicated and received messages...also the mirror I used to have was treated as my ouija board today...everything is kept in my ritual room. I have a lock on my ritual room door to keep the cats from entering and trying to attack furryJack now LOL

To my thinking, anytime you initiate direct communication with the Other Side (or whatever you'd like to call it) you have opened a portal -- perhaps just a slip of a space, but an entry all the same. I'm interested in hearing anyone else's thoughts on this.

#31 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:42 AM

I am impressed by your creative endeavours 53! I am a very lazy Witch and bought mine... A bowl of water with black ink will work just as well. Looking forward to your pictures! :)
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#32 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

oooooh...wow....Tana, that mirror is super! Triple moon!--so pretty.

I don't scry. Strangely, I had this sudden need to make these mirrors--right now. I've had the frames for a year or so; not sure what put a bug in my ear; however, I try to follow strong inclinations. I have this desire to do some spellwork with them (what...I don't know yet...suppose that will "come" to me in due time).

Regards,

#33 BellaFae

BellaFae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

oooooh...wow....Tana, that mirror is super! Triple moon!--so pretty.

I don't scry. Strangely, I had this sudden need to make these mirrors--right now. I've had the frames for a year or so; not sure what put a bug in my ear; however, I try to follow strong inclinations. I have this desire to do some spellwork with them (what...I don't know yet...suppose that will "come" to me in due time).

Regards,

53, it might have been your guide putting the bug in your ear. Maybe since you don't typically scry, your guide is letting you know that you might learn some great insight with it.

I wanted to add, clean your mirrors with an infusion of mugwort and water just as you would a crystal ball and pendulum.

I have a small mirror I bought and have yet to use. I might make a bigger one so thanks, 53 for the advice!!

:flyaway:Lauren:flyaway:

#34 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

Wonderful Mirror Tana! Very nice

#35 Guest_finyacluck_*

Guest_finyacluck_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:02 AM

i aquired a sort of commercial, celtic-y one years ago and my mum told me that a powerful, reiki-master type women who held it concidered it to be full of dark energy and who-ever made it to be 'not very happy'. i was living at home at the time and i wouldnt be surprised if mum binned it. I most look in the shed and see if I can hoke it out for the craic. heheheeehe

you know I always found it strange that this lady thought that 'who-ever' made it 'wasnt very happy' cus it sort of looks like it was made in a factory somewhere. perhaps the workers didnt make minimum wage.

#36 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

you know I always found it strange that this lady thought that 'who-ever' made it 'wasnt very happy' cus it sort of looks like it was made in a factory somewhere. perhaps the workers didnt make minimum wage.

HAHAHA now that made me LOL. Apart from that I hope you didn't buy into any of that nonsence from this "great and powerful" woman LOL

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#37 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

Ok, guys and gals, here are my finished mirrors. They turned out perfect and I am very pleased with the results. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attached Files

#38 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:51 PM

WOW!!!! Those are just gorgeous!! You must be so proud!!

.......and who is the spirit lingering over/next to your chair?

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#39 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

:applause::applause:They are gorgeous!! And all the more impressive because you made them yourself! Well done 53!! :applause::applause:
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#40 Guest_Dee_*

Guest_Dee_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

Excellent 53!!!!