• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

What are they and what is there purpose?

Thanks!
Joe :cool:

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:54 AM

What are they and what is there purpose?

Thanks!
Joe :cool:

I take it you are referring to Scrying Mirrors? If so, you use them as you would a crystal ball or a pendulum. They are used to forcast future events...see past events...etc. I had a beautiful black scrying mirror once but gave it to a fellow witch friend of mine before he and her hubby left for Korea.

#3 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:56 AM

I have read that a witch must make them him/herself and that nobody but the maker should look into it...is that true?

#4 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:58 AM

No not that I have heard of.

#5 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:59 AM

Yea I figured that was kind of a radical idea

#6 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

Hey Dark!

I am creating a black mirror tonight. The month is October, a chill is about, the moon is waning, Saturn is waiting, it feels good to me.

I have never used a black mirror, but have always been interested in its use --even if for diabolical significance and bitchin' decoration. My preferred method of divination is cards; however, I have a keen interest in the black mirror and although I am a novice with black mirrors, I know they can be used for more than just divination. My intent is to develop a relationship that can be used in other forms of conjure.

Last summer I purchased two antique frames with convex glass with full intent of turning them into magic mirrors. Tonight is the night. I will share with you my bit of collected information:

To make a black glass magic mirror, obtain a picture frame with glass insert (the thicker the glass, the "deeper" the mirror will appear). An oval frame is ideal, but any shape is acceptable. Disassemble the frame and clean the glass. Paint one side with a thick black paint. Oil-based enamel seems to work best (gloss black, preferably). Apply several coats until light does not pass through the glass. Paint or decorate the edge of the frame with symbols or letters if you are so inclined. After pain has completely dried, you may want to cover the painted side with a piece of felt or cardboard to protect the paint from being scratched or scuffed. Assemble the frame with the painted side of the glass to the inside. You may stand the mirror up with either the prefabricated stand attached to the back of the frame or a plate/picture stand.

When using a black mirror for scrying you do not want to see your reflection. The best is to leave the mirror on a table and look at it from an angle. Take two candles and place them on either side of the mirror. Make sure the room you are in is dark and quiet. Take some time to relax through meditation. Light the candles and look into the depths of the mirror as though you were looking into a bowl of water. At first it may appear grey, then colors will come and go. With time and practice you will be able to see images like still photographs or moving film images. Spirits may sometimes look at the scryer, talk to the scryer or even touch the scryer. The visions may even exist outside the mirror and surround the scryer on all sides.---Candle Magick Divination by Dragonstar (2001) p. 60

If anyone else has experiences or comments to add as to construction or use, I surely appreciate it.

Regards,

#7 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

I have been interested in learning about black mirror scrying, too.
Those in the know... spill!

#8 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

I have read that a witch must make them him/herself and that nobody but the maker should look into it...is that true?

Always take what you read about what witches should and shouldn't do with a pinch of salt we are stubborn and proud and do our own thing and damn anyone who who tells us what to do:lolol:
anyway back to the subject, I found my scrying mirror in a thrift shop and will be using it soon, will keep you posted on what comes through :eek:

#9 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:13 PM

Thanks, Spinney! I would love to hear how it works for you.

Dark--I have read that the magic mirror should be covered when not in use. I assume that is so no one else looks into it (or looks out :eek:). :lmao:

My "working" mirror will be covered and placed it in a safe location, just so it does not become dusty or broken.

I may make other black mirrors to hang up around the house, just because I like the look. Imagine company coming over and peering into blackened-glass mirrors. If I see them do it, I will tell them that I have just captured their soul...bwahhhaaaa

Regards,
53 :crazy:

#10 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

LMAO!!! Nice...what do you use, regular paint or do they sell special paint for glass? And I still need to learn how to use them lol
[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#11 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

I need to learn to use mine too Lol it's just sitting on the piano scaring the neighbours.

#12 Bekh

Bekh

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

I havent one, but i use a bowl of water and black ink... is it not the same principle?

x

#13 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

I understand with ouija boards how to end a session and close the portal -- how would you do this with a mirror?

#14 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:30 PM

I havent one, but i use a bowl of water and black ink... is it not the same principle?

x

They are pretty much used as same yes

#15 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:50 PM

I understand with ouija boards how to end a session and close the portal -- how would you do this with a mirror?

I would like to know what the answer to this also because I was under the impression that it was like reading the tarot or like tea leaves and there was no need to "close the portal".:D

Either that or I am not closing a portal as I should when I read my cards:eek: but I didn't know I was opening one either if I was!:shock:

Also I was under the impression that the mirrors were not to be kept out in the public:confused:

#16 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

I would like to know what the answer to this also because I was under the impression that it was like reading the tarot or like tea leaves and there was no need to "close the portal".:D

Either that or I am not closing a portal as I should when I read my cards:eek: but I didn't know I was opening one either if I was!:shock:

Also I was under the impression that the mirrors were not to be kept out in the public:confused:

Honestly I never closed or opened any portals...I just communicated and received messages...also the mirror I used to have was treated as my ouija board today...everything is kept in my ritual room. I have a lock on my ritual room door to keep the cats from entering and trying to attack furryJack now LOL

#17 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:42 AM

So how exactly do I use and recieve messages from the mirror/bowl?
[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#18 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:16 AM

So how exactly do I use and recieve messages from the mirror/bowl?

Same as you would with tarot, ouija, crystal ball or any other form...relax your mind and let the information come to you.

I would suggest writing it down so you have some form of reference.

#19 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:11 AM

Excellent replies and very helpful! Thank you again and I am glad that I have not opened any portals to the underworld!

#20 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:16 AM

LOL Hey Sara! Some of my best friends live there in the underworld! Take time and get to know some :)