XD

#142 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:26 AM

Altering consciousness just for the sake of it, and especially creating contact with non-human entities just because you can, is not prudent - in fact, it is foolish, and if discretion is not used in this area, it will bring your hardship and suffering. 

Edited by Yex, 07 February 2017 - 07:27 AM.

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
But the heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

#143 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

Grounding, centering, shielding. Everything depends on how true to yourself you are in mastering these.

#144 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:54 AM

Make sure you know exactly what you're getting into before you make any long-term magical commitments.

#145 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

Your true learning comes from you actually doing, not from reading or listening. Do it and if it doesn't work, change it, improve it and do it again. Learn from all of these attempts and what works for you.

#146 witchynovice

witchynovice

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

I would tell myself to slooooow down, not everything has to be learned and understood all at once. Take your time and don't force it.

I love this advice. As someone just starting out on my path, I want to know everything, right NOW. NOW, dammit. I need patience...

#147 Pazuzu

Pazuzu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:47 AM

Dear Me, first.. i just wanted to let you know.. in case you havent figured it out.. you are in a retarded Christian cult.. and those nights you will spend dabbling in the occult.. but too ashamed and afraid to tell anyone.. will set in motion a series of fucked up events that will expose MANY people around you.. to the world of the supernatural.. you family.. friends.. and those shitheads from the 'church' you belong to.. Don't feel guilty about the weird shit that happens in the house.. because it was built on a civil war death house plantation... it practically has a giant neon flashing sign saying "This fucking house is fucking haunted as fuck"
A lot of books you will buy will be about Wicca... many of them will not state that directly... but 97% of everything you buy for the next 2 years will be about that... So during that time.. dont feel shitty about hexing/cursing people.. or doing magic for shit you want...
do what you usually do.. and ignore people who act like they know everything.. because they dont. For several years I have hexed/cursed MANY people.. and i have not received any consequences or anything... so dont worry about it..

Also, be careful around all that fire.. apparently you dont have the steady hands you think you have... shit happens.. make sure you have a bottle of water near you when doing spells.. because... you live in a cabin.. a very flammable cabin.. so dont be a fucking isiot...

"Nilbog... it's Goblin spelled backwards!!"

#148 Pazuzu

Pazuzu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

.. so dont be a fucking isiot...

*idiot

"Nilbog... it's Goblin spelled backwards!!"

#149 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

Wow, I love this thread so much. Thank you all so much, a few posts have really jumped out at me.

I'm still the newb so taking on board your posts and what I've already learned, I'll write this and come back to it in a couple of years...!

Dear WiPS,

It's taken a long time to find this path, after years of religious indoctrination and trying to escape from that. Now that you're on this path you feel like something has rung a bell inside you and you are finally finding out all you can be. You feel joyful. You feel free. You feel strong.

BUT.. you're like a kid in a sweet shop at the minute. Running all over the place, trying a little bit of this and a little bit of that; reading *ALL THE THINGS!*

So, now it's time to slow down and consolidate. Think about the things that drew you in - journeying. Candle magic. Being in nature. Maybe focus on them for a little while before you get excited about sigils and fetchmaking.

Meditate. Do it every day. You know you need to at so many levels.

You need to practise gratitude. For nature, for your guide, for your life. You need to research and practise some ways of honouring all of these things.

You are still getting to grips with your ethics but you've already met and made peace with your shadow side. That is fucking huge for you. You are learning to use your shadow in a way that is compatible with your ethics. You need to really think about how far you are prepared to go. You see yourself as honest and a straight shooter so you need to figure out how far you are willing to manipulate other people and situations. Only you can figure this out. That's the path - the freedom and the responsibility. No one else can decide for you.

You've always felt called to healing and now you're beginning to understand why.

Oh, and that spell you keep toying with? The one you know you shouldn't do but you're probably going to do it anyway? Make a decision. Shit or get off the pot. Decide: am I going to do this and live with the consequences? That is responsibility. No more half-hearted 'doing it, then sabotaging it', then thinking the universe is telling you something. Either go after it or let it be. You know it's a bad idea but you need to make a decision and make peace with it. You're driving yourself crazy.

You are a good person and practising magic is making you stronger, not making you evil.

Love,

WiPS

#150 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:42 AM

I still consider myself new, but if I were to go back to the beginning, it would be to stop being so hung up on 'legit witches'. What I mean by that, is I was listening too much to what everyone else think a 'real witch' is, to the point where I worried I may never have the right to consider myself one. I see tons of debate about this on social media, particularly on youtube, where fingers are pointed and some witches are looking at other witches and declaring them to not be a 'real' witch, and therefore they must be a 'fake' witch.

I have decided for myself that all witches are real, but we all have completely different paths. Every witch has something of value inside of themselves, even if we all practice differently and believe differently. So, if I could go back, I would tell myself this, and that the only belief in others I have no respect for is the need inside some witches to single out others and worry so much about why they are a 'better' witch than someone else. I'm interested in hearing how others do things differently, I think if someone does something I would personally not do, there is still a lesson in that for me. For me, this behaviour encompasses both trad witches and wiccan ones. I love that we have this resource that is decidedly not wiccan; I want and need such a resource :) But I feel a great peace in myself now that I've decided that I'm not going to listen to wiccans who want to tell me to 'stay in the light', or witches who try to one up others in terms of 'naturalness' or lineage. We are all valuable and valid.

I've come to understand that being a beginner is good enough when you're a beginner. Whatever part of the path we're on, we are 'real'.