Photo
- - - - -

Claccha Brath

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

Of course this is just me, but I would think that finding your own stones would work better for you, I have done this myself with yes and no questions and I just called it "casting the stones" I use 3 river stones that "spoke" to me with variouse shading.
Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#22 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

Of course this is just me, but I would think that finding your own stones would work better for you, I have done this myself with yes and no questions and I just called it "casting the stones" I use 3 river stones that "spoke" to me with variouse shading.

I think similarly, following this thread, this kept popping in my head: find three rocks about the same weight and size and paint (or metal leaf them) them gold, silver and black--rather than tracking down expensive gem stones of different texture, weight, density, etc... OF COURSE, if you love your gemstones and work with them often, go for it--just my take as I am generally uninterested in gemstones and more inclined towards river stones.

:crystal-gazing:

"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#23 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

Here's a set for sale.

http://www.celticcal...itual_items.htm

I found this in a book called Miracles: inviting the extraordinary into your life, by Richard Webster. Search google books for it.

"I have had a great deal of success with Sky stones. The ancient Celts practiced a variety of forms of stone divination, as they believed that everything, even stones, possessed a spirit. Sky stone divination is one of several forms of divination recorded in The Book of Fferyllt, one of the ancient texts of Wales. Sky stones are limited to yes, no answers but are astonishingly accurate. You will need 3 stones, about 1" in diameter, 1 each gold, silver, and black. I used gold pyrite or tiger eye for the gold, hematite for silver and obsidian for the black. These colors symbolize the 3 Druidic thresholds of dawn/gold, dusk/silver, and midnight/black.
To use, hold them together in one hand while you think of your question. Gently toss them onto a flat surface and see which stones is closest to the black one. If gold is nearer than silver, the answer is positive. If silver is closer, it's negative. If they are the same distance apart, they need to be thrown again.
If you experiment with them, accept the answer. Do not keep tossing the stones in the hopes of a different answer. They lose their effectiveness when doubted in this way."

So apparently it has it's origins in Wales. It's unclear why they are called Sky stones.
I like this. A nice, simple form of divination that anyone can use.

Brea

I found this interesting Brea, as another discussion is going on regarding Druids, yet you reference " ancient Celts " I don't know how to do the fancy " drag the link here, thingy " so I'll reference it my way. lol ! Here is the post some of us are threading to:

Scrying/Pathworking The Elements Threw the eyes of a Druid

Having that set up and offering a plausible thought process to your thread regarding the Sky Stones. When I think of the sky, my thoughts narrow in on the Sun and the Moon. Your research into the Druid colors, Gold and Silver, Black, plus the indication of "thresholds" gave me pause to reflect on this, and offer up my thought process.

( Male ) Sun = Gold ( Dawn )

( Female ) Moon = Silver ( Dusk )

The Otherworld / Unseen = Black ( Midnight or the " Betwixt/Between " times )

Any thoughts on this Peers ?

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1