A Green Witch's Formulary

Mountain Witch

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received mine and read through it a little while ago. Great book! I love the fact that there are several recipies and remedies for each ailment in the medical section. Love the cheat sheet and the latin name appendix. Those are going to be very useful. The note pages are a wonderful addition as I am going to be making use of those. I also love the preparations section. There is a brief overview of how to make many magical and medical preparations from teas and tinctures to soaps, bath salts, and incense, all in one place. Overall, I thought it was very well written. It is chock full of common sense and grounded advice from both a medical and magical perspective. The language is easy to follow and it comes with a glossary for difficult medical terminology that you really must know if you are to deal with herbs. Brigid was correct when she said DJ's personality comes out through the pages and it is like having a conversation with her on here. My favorite part of the whole book, though, was the ackowledgements page with a thankyou to everyone here. Love it. Five toads.

:frogspells: :frogspells: :frogspells: :frogspells: :frogspells:

• 1 month later...

I received my copy of A Green Witch's Formulary and am so happy with the book, Mountain Witch! Thank you for the autographed copy. It's exactly what I need - a book filled with a lot of practical advice and wisdom for both health and magical situations. Others have mentioned your voice coming through in your writing - I also heard your voice. Thank you! Your style of writing is so approachable and I really felt encouragement and support flowing from the pages. I'm not joking! :) Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.

IYour style of writing is so approachable and I really felt encouragement and support flowing from the pages. I'm not joking! :)

Aww thanks. Honestly? I only know how to write two ways: what you've read and a very formal "business letter". I prefer the former. As for encouragement & support - that's what I always hope to do: help people find their own way in things.

Edited to add: OK, three ways. But expletives are frowned upon in published non-fiction books.

Received my copy Monday evening...

This is a really great book. I agree with previous posters-a very practical book jam packed with tons of useful information. Well worth the purchase. Great job, Mountain Witch! :)

Regards,

Anara

• 4 months later...

Sorry, Gramayr, I haven't yet figured out how to sign e-books! Maybe if we meet in person I could take a Sharpie to your Kindle?? ;)

As my mom is buying me a Kindle this coming week I'm so going to get the Kindle version of this book. I saw it on Amazon and boy does it look great. Can't wait to read it and soak it all in. Thanks everyone for a wonderful book idea for my Kindle.

I'm so excited! Amazon US and Amazon UK both have my latest available - in Kindle, too. (Amazon US link here; Amazon UK link here). It'll take me a couple of weeks to get my stock in so if you want an autographed copy, stay tuned.

Reviews always welcome!

I ended up getting the Nook but I did upload your book. I'm really enjoying it and my mother gasped when you wrote that as painful as it can be for women, go without make-up in your ache section. Women going without make-up, end of the world. Women sometimes don't care what they do to their skin as long as they look great. I don't wear make-up but I have a thing about Popeye's chicken. My mother also made me laugh at her reaction to you saying that fast food is bad for your skin.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just on amazon because of the Witch's Cookbook thread and saw that this book is going for $44.85 and climbing for used copies. Wow! Imagine when this is out of print.... and mine is signed :D. Thanks MW, I saw you comment on facebook. I thought that was cool.

Mine are signed also (and managed to get them accross the pond :thumbsup: )

Saw the comment as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading my copy and I have to say that I love it. I'm currently studying herbalism through SNHS and I know this book is going to come in handy in just about every way. I loved how it was written, I felt like I was just having a chat with Mountain Witch which I think is fantastic because sometimes authors tend to get a little dry and academic on some topics. I love the herbal cheat sheet and just all round the information, I've already earmarked some recipes to try out.

Fab job and I am definitely going to be looking to get your first book!!

• 3 weeks later...

I recieved in the mail this morning Mountain Witch's two book that I ordered "A Green Witch's Formulary" and "Herbs Medicinal, Magical, Marvelous!"

I will be reading them soon, I can see that she put a lot of work and research into them when I looked through the books.

A good treat to recieve on Halloween Eve !

Thank you Mountain Witch