Plants of the Zodiac

CelticGypsy

For you Witches that utilize the Zodiac into your path working or give creedence to your particular Sign of the Zodiac, I thought I'd share this with you.

Pisces : The Fishes, obviously rule the algae, wheich includes the pond-scums and seaweeds.

Aries : The Ram, signifying the pioneer, rules the lichens, plants that resemble seaweed in form, yet are pioneers on land, preparing the way for other vegetation.

Taurus : The Bull, signifying the earth, rules the fungi which mostly grow near ( mushroom ) or under ( truffle ) the ground.

Gemini : The Twins, and airy sign, rules the mosses, many of which grow on trees in the air.

Cancer : The Crab, a watery sign, rules the ferns, horse-tails and club-mossess, the sexual stage of which lives in water.

Leo : The Lion, a fiery sign, rules the cone-plants, cycads, pines and firs. The cone is a signature of fire and the sun which rules this sign.

Virgo : The Virgin, an earth signs, dedicated to Ceres the earth-mother, naturally rules cerals, grasses and sedges.

Libra : The Balance, ruled by Venus, rules the most beautiful flowering plants such as iris, lilies and orchids.

Scorpio : The Scorpion, rules aroids and palms, these plants have a phallic signature and Scorpio rules sex.

Sagittarius : The Centaur, rules the great froest trees bearing catkins, such as the oak, beech and elm, for his sign rules forests.

Capricorn : The Goat, rules the plants having flowers with separate petals.

Aquarius : The Water-Pourer, rules the plants having flowers with united petals.

Have fun decifering if you have pension for these plants, by your own Sign.

Regards,

Gypsy

Thanks for the list CG :)

I'm wondering one thing though... Do you think that if I'd be using the plants from the person's sign AND ascendant sign, it would make a spell more potent?

Aika

Pisces : The Fishes, obviously rule the algae, wheich includes the pond-scums and seaweeds.

Well this is right on for me, I'm a pisces and I love sushi wrapped in seaweed and I eat spirulina, which is dried and powdered algae. :)

Taurus : The Bull, signifying the earth, rules the fungi which mostly grow near ( mushroom ) or under (

truffle ) the ground

YUMMY, lucky me!!!! witch_bounce.gif

I'm a Scorpio, but I have no real affinity with aroids (had to google that one) or palms, but the third....

hahahahahaha roflhard.gif I think it's not only the Scorpios that love that third one!!! lol Nonetheless, it makes sense that it's under the sign of Scorpio since that sign rules that body part (genitalia) lolol...

Capricorn : The Goat, rules the plants having flowers with separate petals.

It's true. VERY true. Love to pick flowers and pluck ALL the petals off, one at a time, then find something to use them for.

Surprised Scorpio isn't associated with Orchids or Avacados considering the etymology of those words ;)

I've heard Scorpio is also associated with Ivy which is a plant I quite like. Aroids are quite pretty plants but would be nice to have something more local I think :)

Thanks for the list CG :)

I'm wondering one thing though... Do you think that if I'd be using the plants from the person's sign AND ascendant sign, it would make a spell more potent?

Aika

I don't know why this isn't quoting your question Aika :blink: But I would for safety reasons do a research of the properties of the herbs inline with your Zodiac sign and Ascendant, and see if possiblely you could utilize them, either as a tea, or perhaps in a bath, Witches are creative. You'll come up with something, as this has already piqued your interest. It's fun to craft something that is totally your own, made by purposeful hands of intention, imho.:chef:

Regards,

Gypsy

Edited : how weird, when I go to look at a preview, there is no question, but when I look afterwards, your question is there. lol ! :embarased:

Virgo : The Virgin, an earth signs, dedicated to Ceres the earth-mother, naturally rules cerals, grasses and sedges.

Nope, doesn't work at all. Closer to Sag, which isn't anywhere in my chart!

Taurus : The Bull, signifying the earth, rules the fungi which mostly grow near ( mushroom ) or under ( truffle ) the ground.

Wow... I've never heard that before, but it is very fitting for me. I love mushrooms. I love to identify them in the wild and I love to eat them. I've even grown them.

Guest Frea Danu

This is awesome! Definitely something I never knew before....now to go find plants with united petals.... Thank you for sharing this!

I don't know why this isn't quoting your question Aika :blink: But I would for safety reasons do a research of the properties of the herbs inline with your Zodiac sign and Ascendant, and see if possiblely you could utilize them, either as a tea, or perhaps in a bath, Witches are creative. You'll come up with something, as this has already piqued your interest. It's fun to craft something that is totally your own, made by purposeful hands of intention, imho.:chef:

Regards,

Gypsy

Edited : how weird, when I go to look at a preview, there is no question, but when I look afterwards, your question is there. lol ! :embarased:

CG lol that's a magic trick hahahaha (j/k) lol... Well, I think you gave me food for thought there... for sure that, depending on the sign/ascendant, some plants might have opposite effects and therefore your advice is very wise... I will research those combination and yes it did piqued my interest in a big way lol... I think that chart is a great thing... really, combining the plants to the zodiac can prove to be a powerful thing indeed. :)

Thanks again CG!!! Love it!!! :)

Aika

Scorpio : The Scorpion, rules aroids and palms, these plants have a phallic signature and Scorpio rules sex.

Palms, really? i didnt know that and I had to google aroids. But sex..hmmmm

• 3 weeks later...

Palms, really? i didnt know that and I had to google aroids. But sex..hmmmm

I had to google aroids too, but I do find a certain charm in spiky plants (and yes I'm a Scorpio).

• 3 weeks later...

lol, I just thought of this thread yesterday as I was munching away on sushi wrapped in seaweed for lunch.. MMMMM!!

LOL! You can have all of that to yourself and enjoy. No sushi for moi....

Archived