Photo
- - - - -

Tell me about your pendulum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#61 Skels

Skels

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

I actually just picked up a pendulum the other day. It was extraordinarily cheap, and it's made of glass tied to plastic wire. Figure I'd test out how I liked using them before spending money on a nice one. Needless to say I am already shopping around for a new one, preferably one with a bit of weight to it. I don't have the steadiest hands, so the lightweighted-ness of the glass is already buggering up the already inaccurate readings. (Surprise!)
I do intend on spending some more time with it, perhaps it'll sync up more with time.

#62 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

I actually just picked up a pendulum the other day. It was extraordinarily cheap, and it's made of glass tied to plastic wire. Figure I'd test out how I liked using them before spending money on a nice one. Needless to say I am already shopping around for a new one, preferably one with a bit of weight to it. I don't have the steadiest hands, so the lightweighted-ness of the glass is already buggering up the already inaccurate readings. (Surprise!)
I do intend on spending some more time with it, perhaps it'll sync up more with time.

You could always use a ring and string or chain until you get used to the technique. In that vein, a hag stone on a string will work well too, probably better than a fancy crystal one.

(Edited-The post double quoted)

Edited by Whiterose, 15 December 2012 - 04:04 AM.

#63 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Hello everyone This is my first topic i'm jumping in on here. I was wondering what kind of crystals you all prefer using for your Pendulums or what other materials besides crystals you like using and why? I tend to use different things for different reasons. When using a Pendulum for issues around the house I use a key that we found when we moved in that does not seem to go to any doors in the house (that we know of) Its attached to a stainless steel chain bracelet that I would normally not use but I was searching for something to use for it and my boyfriend brought it home an apparent gift from his mother. He does not wear jewelry much less stainless steel disguised as silver. but he dangled it out before me to show me the strange gift and I lterally had the key in my hand so I decided it was destined to be. It is a beautiful key though very old and ornate. It deserves a better chain but for whatever reason it likes that one.

#64 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Hello everyone This is my first topic i'm jumping in on here. I was wondering what kind of crystals you all prefer using for your Pendulums or what other materials besides crystals you like using and why? I tend to use different things for different reasons. When using a Pendulum for issues around the house I use a key that we found when we moved in that does not seem to go to any doors in the house (that we know of) Its attached to a stainless steel chain bracelet that I would normally not use but I was searching for something to use for it and my boyfriend brought it home an apparent gift from his mother. He does not wear jewelry much less stainless steel disguised as silver. but he dangled it out before me to show me the strange gift and I lterally had the key in my hand so I decided it was destined to be. It is a beautiful key though very old and ornate. It deserves a better chain but for whatever reason it likes that one.

Well, its pretty apparent from my posts that I prefer to use whatever is at hand and that is usually jewelry. I do have an ametrine pendulum that works beautifully and when I want candles and pretty tools to get in the mood to do my thing, I will use that one. I love the key idea though. ;)

#65 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Well, its pretty apparent from my posts that I prefer to use whatever is at hand and that is usually jewelry. I do have an ametrine pendulum that works beautifully and when I want candles and pretty tools to get in the mood to do my thing, I will use that one. I love the key idea though. :wink:

I have a beauty problem! I love when a beautiful mood is set for my work as well and find it puts me in the best possible place to do my workings. I find it difficult to work in a pinch though sometimes due to lack of sensory aids. Someone else had mentioned using a key earlier in the thread and it made me post about mine.

#66 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

I have a beauty problem! I love when a beautiful mood is set for my work as well and find it puts me in the best possible place to do my workings. I find it difficult to work in a pinch though sometimes due to lack of sensory aids. Someone else had mentioned using a key earlier in the thread and it made me post about mine.

I love beauty too, but have taught myself to work in a pinch. That is me though, if I can't do something well, I take it as a challenge. I hadn't even realized someone posted about a key before, but now that you mention it I think I remember. This thread spans like a year and half or something. I haven't read the whole thing in awhile :wink: .

Edited by Whiterose, 08 January 2013 - 04:56 AM.

#67 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Mostly I use different woods. But I also rarely use a pendulum for divining, more for sensing and for tieing things (it does come on a string, lol).

M

#68 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

I just yesterday found a missing cauldron with my pendulum and a sheet of paper. Yay ! Cat toy no more, it's in my china cabinet, now. It's a little bitty thing, made from Irish Bog Wood, so very light in weight..... perfect for naughty fuzzy paws.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#69 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Mine is amethyst and lately been begging to be made into a necklace. It seems to like to hang out in my cleavage. :blink:

#70 CrowMusings

CrowMusings

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

My pendulum for clients is a heavy silver one that has a turtle to hold while divining. My very special one is a small acorn with an oak leaf at the other end. I often have this one hanging from an earring because it's small. I like the heavy one for clients because it leaves no doubt to the client what the answer is, it's a good swinger. My little one, is more delicate in it's answers but other people don't always sense her intricacies

#71 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

photo (9)
I just jazzed my little key Pendulum up with a long silver chain from a very vintage high end clutch of my grandmothers, it was used to make it into a shoulder carrier. Attached are a few poorly wire wrapped gemstones a Quartz, tourmaline, and Moldavite. and a small Bloodstone one. Much more beautiful!

#72 MasterPoucksBestMan

MasterPoucksBestMan

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

I have about 6 pendulums. My three favorite are two of quartz on a silver chain (one is polished stone, the other is rough cut) and a brass mermet pendulum on a black cord. I like the mermet the best because its the most versatile, so I carry it everywhere. Mermets have a compartment or a depression/disk that allow you to put something in/on them that is in sympathy with the object/thing sought, if you are using it to find something, or else you can put something in/on it that will assist your working if you're using it for that purpose.
The Wild Hunt take them all, and Herne have their guts for his bow string...

#73 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

I have about 6 pendulums. My three favorite are two of quartz on a silver chain (one is polished stone, the other is rough cut) and a brass mermet pendulum on a black cord. I like the mermet the best because its the most versatile, so I carry it everywhere. Mermets have a compartment or a depression/disk that allow you to put something in/on them that is in sympathy with the object/thing sought, if you are using it to find something, or else you can put something in/on it that will assist your working if you're using it for that purpose.

That is pretty interesting. I have not heard of a Mermet before.