Photo
- - - - -

Tell me about your pendulum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#41 Amberhawk

Amberhawk

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

I have a few. One was made from a shell on a cotton string though I misplaced that ages ago. One I have carried in my purse for close to ten years is a small brass one. About 2 years ago I bought one made of onyx cut like a quartz crystal. I haven't really used them often but I'm thinking it's time I do.

#42 Alienor Bel

Alienor Bel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

I have two.

The first is a pointed amethyst on a long silver chain.

The second, my daughter gifted it to me while we were at a small festival. I had been looking at something opposite where the lady had all her pendulums set up. I heard her tell my monkey "Don't touch these, baby. These can get pricey." I turned around and she had her hand on a lovely citrine pendulum and said "This one is for you, Mommy." I picked it up and it practically pulsed in my hand. Twenty dollars later it was in my handbag. Funny thing, I'd been looking for a nice citrine... Posted Image

"The apple cannot be stuck back on the Tree of Knowledge; once we begin to see, we are doomed and challenged to seek the strength to see more, not less." - Arthur Miller

#43 seacow

seacow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

I have just the one, a pointed amethyst on a leather cord and a moonstone on the top. I've sometimes used another one, one that I stole from my grandmother when I was young. It's a strange looking necklace, not even sure what it's made out of, but it resonates power.

I've been meaning to make one of my own and enchanting it. The amethyst one I bought from this store in England, Eltham, called Wicca Moon... It's been a great pendulum, but I just think a tool crafted for you by you is so much special, and work way better than something bought.

#44 Aurelia

Aurelia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

I've been reading tarot cards for myself for the past few years but I would like to branch out into pendulum usage. I've never owned one before and the only metaphysical store in town is 35 min away so hopefully something calls my name while I'm there : )

What is your pendulum made of? How did you find it? (or did it find you?). Any tips for picking one out?

Mine is rose quartz on a long silver chain with a clear quartz small ball at the top (for ease and comfort of holding). I hadn't heard of using a pendulum until I went to a psychic fair about 10 years ago. One of the stalls there were selling them and the guy running the stall gave me a quick run down on how they worked, he said "would you like to try one?" (yes please!) so I took a moment and then picked up the one I was drawn to the most. I loved using it and it came home with me :)

I haven't used it for a couple of years and wish I could think of more things to use it for - I'm probably missing out on chances without realising it.

So I guess tips for picking one would be, just go with what you're drawn to. I tend to find that things choose me before I notice them hehe!

#45 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

My pedelum is a necklace my husband bought me for my birthday several years ago. We where in a tiny rock and gem shop that is way in the middle of nowhere I was looking for a lapis pendant and they brought out this huge bag of back stock . We started going through it and I found this beautiful two sided pendant one sides lapis the others mother of pearl it's carved as a goddess with a garnet and aquamarine on the helm . I was pulled to it I just had to have it my husband was looking for a birthday present so it came home with me. At check out we found out that it had been in the shop for almost 50 years the owners father had made it then it got mixed in with the a bunch of other stuff. I love it and wear it almost daily. It works great for almost every thing.

#46 Apryl

Apryl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

Now-a-days any pendant or ring on a necklace chain does fine. One of my grandmas old rings or my wedding band is most accurate.

#47 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

I don't work with the "yes or no" divining type of pendulum, but I have got two recently which I am working with to keep an eye on energy levels, and changes to energy levels within my hearth and home and also certain land areas. It has been interesting to note the daily differneces, then to watch the day and see what happened that caused/manifested as the difference. So far it's been a good way of quickly checking in to make sure there's nothing lurking on the horizon, lol.

M

#48 StarChilde

StarChilde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

I have a brass purpose made pendulum on a short chain, but I have also used many and varied bits and pieces in the past. At a pinch I'll remove a hair, and loop it through a ring I'm wearing. Works just as well.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

#49 echotango

echotango

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

I have a bit of an unusual pendulum, in that I still call it a pendulum but it doesn't actually hang by thread. I was reading this thread a few days ago and decided to try and make my own out of a round stone I had found mountain biking months before and had kept for, I suppose, this particular reason, and some tie line I had stolen from my theater. So I gave it a go with the yes/no questions and it yielded little to no results. After a while of this it fell off of the thread and landed smackdab in the middle of a floor tile! So I went with it and tossed the tie line, and have found that it much prefers being without it and is quite a sassy stone. :)

#50 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

I made a pendulum for a friend last weekend, an arrow shaped hagstone at the bottom attached to a silver chain with black thread, a goldstone carving and a larger hagstone at the top attached with black thread also. The larger stone is to hold onto, the goldstone attachment was a specific relation for her.
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#51 Absinthe

Absinthe

Inquisitor's Bane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

I made a pendulum for a friend last weekend, an arrow shaped hagstone at the bottom attached to a silver chain with black thread, a goldstone carving and a larger hagstone at the top attached with black thread also. The larger stone is to hold onto, the goldstone attachment was a specific relation for her.

That sounds lovely - an arrow-shaped hagstone! There are loads of hagstones on the beach near me. You've got me itching to go and find a pointy one for a pendulum now.

Nosce te ipsum, et sapere aude

#52 Guest_atropa_*

Guest_atropa_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

My pendulum is an old plum bob I used to use for hanging wall paper when wall papering the house was the 'in' thing to do. (Im showing my age here) Its been with me for alot of years and I supose its something Im used to and its used to me.

It isnt pretty or worth anything to anyone else, but it does ok for me. Its made of a piece of rock with a hold drilled through it and suspended on a piece of old black cotton. I dont supose todays cotton would hold its weight, I just hope it never snaps.:crossfingers: I think this means fingers crossed, at least I hope it does.:mellow:

#53 Archabyss

Archabyss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

Mine is a piece of flint that I found whilst out on a walk, roughly shaped into a arrowhead and attached to a cord I made. I don't buy a lot of stuff in shops to be honest as they tend to cater for the weekend witches and wiccans around here plus burn too much bad incense to make shopping a pleasure. :D

I will use use rings on a chain/string or a necklace with pendent if using a pendulum to do something for someone else then using something of theirs makes it a lot easier.

#54 Samara

Samara

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I've been reading tarot cards for myself for the past few years but I would like to branch out into pendulum usage. I've never owned one before and the only metaphysical store in town is 35 min away so hopefully something calls my name while I'm there : )

What is your pendulum made of? How did you find it? (or did it find you?). Any tips for picking one out?

Hi, Meghan -

Mine is a bloodstone on a golden chain with a metal dragon on the end you hold. Actually, you can make your own. Is there a bead and craft store in your area? You can find all kinds of crystals and stone that have a hole drilled in one end. Actually, here is a good URL for making your own - http://paganwiccan.a...qt/Pendulum.htm

Have fun!
I make some of my own, along with Pendulum boards that I woodburn and color designs on.

Samara

#55 Guest_Morgana Raven_*

Guest_Morgana Raven_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

I got mine from a small shop called Lady of the Lake. Mine is a clear quartz with a chain and on the chain has different color stones for the chakra system. I love my pendulum!

#56 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

I make jewelry mostly as a hobby and have always made it with real stone to give it meaning and power. I had never made pendulums untill after a read this thread then I had this over whelming urge to make my own. Now I have a blue tigers eye, lapis lasili, mother of pearl and agate ones. I have not decided wich one I like best yet though I tend to wear the blue tigers eye and M of P ones most and feel the most connected to them. I love creating the things I use in magic I feel they are more responsive.

#57 GypsyFire

GypsyFire

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

I don't use pendulums for divination because I can control them too well (psionics), however, I have a lovely amethyst one that I've had for years, and I use it to practice psionics.

#58 Levinthross

Levinthross

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

Generally I use a silver chain from a Christmas, before that I used a wire rapped quartz crystal on a cheap metal chain (recycled from a broken medical alert necklace),and if i use anything else
it's usually a wire wrapped piece of Bloodstone or amethyst hung from the same silver chain. I find that Divination tools for me at least work best when I use them as an e\extension of myself that
usually entails a short minute of meditation while I focus on channeling my ESP into and throughout my pendulum.

#59 TheWolfWitch

TheWolfWitch

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

My pendulum is a rounded Hematite point on a silver chain. I would normally make something like that, but it called to me so I bought it. It works quite well for me when I need it. ^_^

#60 Imya

Imya

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Being a crystal obsessed witch myself, my boyfriend bought me a pendulum from our local witchy shop.
With a 2.5" pointed Amethyst at the bottom (my favourite crystal) and then the chakra crystals all the way up.
It also doubles as a bracelet. It was a present for our 4 years together.
I didn't choose it myself, but luckily enough I fell in love with it, and felt a connection to it straight away. I think it's because it was filled with lovely crystals! :)

Imya