Photo
- - - - -

Tell me about your pendulum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#21 Meghan

Meghan

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:03 AM

Ended up leaving the store empty handed. I came home and put a key that went to my late grandmothers townhouse on a necklace chain, haven't used it yet though. Still carrying it around in my purse at the moment.

#22 Oceana's Moon

Oceana's Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

I have just recently started using a pendulum for divination. It is made of Opalite. I've always loved and worn opals and they have always been amazing for me. But I've learned Opalite is a synthetic with Opal 'stimulants' included (whatever the hell that means.) It is working okay for a new tool, however, I wonder if I may be able to get clearer answers with a different stone. Just curious if anyone uses different types for different divination (like, rose quartz for love, etc.). Also, does a metal work better with the energy than a gem or crystal? I am just starting to delve into gem and crystals and thought this may be a good jumping off point. Thanks for the help in advance.
"Success is a ladder to be climbed and you can't do it with your hands in your pockets."

#23 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Recently made one from two wooden beads, and an acorn on a piece of hemp string... worked amazingly well...

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#24 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

I have several pendulums that I keep in various places (around the house, in my purse, etc). Three of them compete as my favourite. One is a quartz sphere with a metal tip, one is all metal and the other is one I made using a plumb bob on a piece of waxed hemp strung with clear quartz and tourmalated quartz beads. The last one is what I use in ritual context. I like how heavy it is and I find that the weight of the pendulum helps me in producing more accurate readings.

Posted Image Posted Image

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#25 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

Double post

Edited by sarasuperid, 12 November 2011 - 11:52 PM.

"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#26 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

I like the idea of using a necklace. I think catholic style prayer beads could be adapted for this use too. I use string with an earring or a key tied to it. These are very easy to make, and I like the symbolism of using a key to unlock answers. And I chose the string color for what it represents to me too.
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#27 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Recently made one from two wooden beads, and an acorn on a piece of hemp string... worked amazingly well...

Like the sound of that...

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#28 Sparrow

Sparrow

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

My pendulum is made of citrine and it works very well for me even though I haven't had it for very long. I have a strong connection with citrine though so perhaps that's why. It's funny but when I went into the shop I had in mind that I would get one made of amethyst or clear quartz, and although those were options, the citrine was the one I picked up first. It quivers at the end of the chain, and by coincidence it catches light in the tip. I really enjoy using it.
"All knowledge is worth having."

#29 GardeningMommy

GardeningMommy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

My pendulum was given to me by my sister. It is a beautiful quartz and citrine mix. It served me well for quite some time, but now that my sister and I have had a falling out.... well, not so much. Funny how these things happen.

#30 Maggie-May

Maggie-May

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

I don't have a pendulum just yet, I intend to get one in the near future although I have tried one a few years ago and I liked the results so I really should get around to getting one soon.

#31 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

One that I have used with excellent results lately is my grandmothers "mother ring" on a chain. This was handed down to me and it was a big deal in my family, requiring the in put of other family members. My grandmother, my father and my aunts are all represented on it and it has a tiara setting. I find this works excellent for speaking with my ancestors. Since its a family heirloom, only those spirits that are of my family can speak to me through it. Other spirits seem not to like the vibration and my family can come through a lot stronger. Anyone else use a talisman or amulet for spirit contact?

#32 Brambles

Brambles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

I have two, the first I have had for about 7 years now, it's clear quartz and has chakra stones going all the way up the chain. However chakras don't interest me anymore. My most recent is my favourite stone - rose quartz. I bought in a market in England, it kinda just caught my eye amoung all the others so I had to have it. :)

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives.
It may well be that they alone keep in memory
what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien.

#33 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

My pendulum is amethyst on a silver chain with a small ball of amethyst at the top, I keep it in a purple organza bag with some mugwort. I like using the pendulum but I've not had enough experience with it to say whether or not I would be a fair pendulum diviner.
"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#34 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

I have a chunk of white quartz and a metal bolt. I just tie yarn around the quartz, although that doesn't always work out so well, therefore I have several pieces of quartz around the house because I lose them that way a lot.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#35 meg

meg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Trying to decide what to do with a pendulum i bought yesterday. It is a howlite, but when i took it out of the bag last night the tip had broken off. the bloodstone i bought was also split in half. now i was really drawn to the howlite but cant shake the fact that it broke before i got to use it means i shouldn't try to fix it. Feeling now that i should just make my own but i'm annoyed that i paid money for that pendulum. is it worth fixing it or am i wasting my time? i know i'm side tracking the thread. oops.
Meg

It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren't doing. Terry Pratchett

#36 ann

ann

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Mine is a small brass pendulum tied onto a piece of string. Quite recently I had a clear out of books and a couple of days later I counldn't find my herb book. It was special to me because I have compiled it myself over the years.. I got my pendulum out and it pointed me in the direction of the sofa but i looked under it, moved the cushions - but no book. I was pretty upset, but a few weeks later I tried again and the pendulum pointed to the sofa. I move the sofa to look underneath and there was the book. (sigh of relief) How I missed it the first time I don't know . I wouldn't be without my little piece of brass and take it everywhere with me in my purse.
"Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"

#37 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Well Meghan!

What is your pendulum made of? How did you find it? (or did it find you?). Any tips for picking one out?

You got quite the array there!

Mine (which I rarely ever use) is a black knife blade on a bit of tatty old red cotton. It was dug out of my first ever sword's handle. It does what it's told and (as teh form suggests) responds well by showing me that either path I might take always has a price.

As the quote from company of Wolves goes: "Would you choose the Path of Pins or the Path of Needles?"

BG

Subsisto

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#38 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Trying to decide what to do with a pendulum i bought yesterday. It is a howlite, but when i took it out of the bag last night the tip had broken off. the bloodstone i bought was also split in half. now i was really drawn to the howlite but cant shake the fact that it broke before i got to use it means i shouldn't try to fix it. Feeling now that i should just make my own but i'm annoyed that i paid money for that pendulum. is it worth fixing it or am i wasting my time? i know i'm side tracking the thread. oops.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about the fact that it broke. The tip broke off mine when a frienemy picked it up and played with it and it jumped out of his hands but it still works great and has a bit of character now :lol: . It really doesn't matter what the thing is made out of as long as it resonates with your energy and works. Like I said before, I have the crystal one, but I also use the jewelry I'm wearing that day. A ring on a chain works amazing, especially if the ring is special.

#39 Asile

Asile

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

I know this is an old post....but it was very helpful. I have been wanting to get into practicing with a pendulum. I thought I needed to go buy a certain type of crystal pendulum, with a silver chain and the proper handle. I didn't know I could use one of my old amethyst on a cord...or another type of necklace. Thanks for the info. I can get started tonight.
Asile . :blondmoment:

#40 Absinthe

Absinthe

Inquisitor's Bane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'll tell you about my pendulum...

I don't go out much. My daughter bought me a rose quartz one on a silver chain that was also supposed to be a handbag charm.

I charged it in the full moon in my very special 'blue moon' water. Clipped it on my bag. Went out. Lost it.

I tell myself it was destined for the person who finds it and wish them luck.

Nosce te ipsum, et sapere aude