34 replies to this topic

#21 moonstone

moonstone

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

I've always felt a certain attraction (not sexual) to some people, and like I have know them forever, having never seen them before in my life. I have never been super sensitive to energies, at least consciously, so I didn' think anything of it. As I have been working more with the craft, I have noticed that I have a better understanding of this attraction, and can tell if I'm close to a witch. I don't even have to see them to know they are there. Recently I was at a large dinner event, where I didn't know anyone. The table I ended up sitting at had two other witches join me. (I didn't ask if they were, as I'm not comfortable yet of asking that of perfect strangers, but I just knew.) There were a couple of other people in the room that were also giving off some energy, but it didn't feel witchy. Has anyone else ever noticed a difference between regular energy and witchy energy?

#22 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

I can sense power, though its not like they have a "witchy flavor" or anything.  When I come across what I sense to be a witch its more of a knowing and subtle conformation via body language and eye contact, usually with a "don't say a fucking word about it" vibe. Of course there are those that come right out and tell you, but I never ask. 

#23 SerpentWitch

SerpentWitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

I do sometimes sense something from someone, but it's only when I see them and more if I look them in the eyes. It's like there is something behind their eyes that I can see.

Posted ImageWalking in Darkness

#24 foxman

foxman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Yes! It happens at times when I least expect it. Like Jeyne, I can 'sense' power, not only in animate living beings but in inanimate things like stones. foxman

#25 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Greetings All

Most definately I believe - and by experience!

Fact is in my experience the old line "The Mark endures with book or without and by it you must ward not to be betrayed" is one of the better bits advice that I have ever got!

While most certainly there are actual physical marks that can occur, (including skin tags - that one took me by surprise actually!) more to the point we tend to spot each other and know, (with a modicum of practice) whether or not that one being spotted is one of us or another. Of course as Aloe points out - there are ways to keep it to a minimum and not be spotted but well .. where's the fun in that - unless you are on "a mission"!

Of course there is also the old advice that simply because they may be seen as one of us - that doesn't per se mean you should trust em! As my first mentor pointed out: "Siblings you keep the closest eye on - they after all eat at the same table as you!" lol

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#26 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Greetings All

Most definately I believe - and by experience!

Fact is in my experience the old line "The Mark endures with book or without and by it you must ward not to be betrayed" is one of the better bits advice that I have ever got!

While most certainly there are actual physical marks that can occur, (including skin tags - that one took me by surprise actually!) more to the point we tend to spot each other and know, (with a modicum of practice) whether or not that one being spotted is one of us or another. Of course as Aloe points out - there are ways to keep it to a minimum and not be spotted but well .. where's the fun in that - unless you are on "a mission"!

Of course there is also the old advice that simply because they may be seen as one of us - that doesn't per se mean you should trust em! As my first mentor pointed out: "Siblings you keep the closest eye on - they after all eat at the same table as you!" lol

Scott

This is excellent advice!  I know I have run across one in particular (a co-worker) and I did my best to play "dumb" around her.  I did not trust her at all.  I know she had suspicions about me being a witch, but I kept that vital information under my pointy black hat.

#27 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

This is excellent advice!  I know I have run across one in particular (a co-worker) and I did my best to play "dumb" around her.  I did not trust her at all.  I know she had suspicions about me being a witch, but I kept that vital information under my pointy black hat.

Oh, I agree, Raineylane.  The idea that all Witches do or should love each other and be best-est friends is a bunch of new age bullshit, anyway.  It is funny how people assume that all who walk the magical Path know and/or like each other.  I had a similar experience with the wife of a client.  I didn't necessarily play "dumb" around her, but I was purposely vague and shielded strongly in her presence.  In my case, however, it was more about just not liking her, regardless of her Witchy tendencies. 

Everything that came out of her mouth was condescending and cutting, almost like she had to make sure she got in a jab or snide remark, even when she was allegedly complimenting someone.  She exuded a special kind of arrogance, like with every word, she was granting others permission to exist.  OT: But, during a reception for a person's retirement, she stood near the doorway and "informed" everyone who approached that it was "fine" for them to enter the room.  She had nothing to do with the planning or hosting of the event, had no relationship to the person being honored, etc., so it was really, really fucking annoying.  She was also the type to have a comment or opinion on absolutely everything and would correct people, even those who are experts in the area under discussion.  Yeah, real stupid bitch, Witch or not.

Anyway, I didn't find it prudent to reveal myself, either, like you said, even though she likely suspected.  Thanks, but no thanks . . . I really don't need "friends" like that.  :)

#28 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Throw a brick through her window (with a little something attached to it as well).

Group Hug :)

#29 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:15 PM

I have experienced the eyes/telepathy thing too, only it wasn't anything to do with witches. it was the tall, blond ETs. (don't snort if you laugh). But, when it has been about witches, I see a faint light on the third eye that looks like a bulls head, or a circle with horns. I've only ever seen it twice...guess I don't hang out with the right folk.

#30 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:45 PM

I'd say the only real way to know if it's true or simply our minds guessing or intuitively feeling it out and wondering, is to somehow find out :) so many factors can influence how we perceive and feel others

#31 Akashiel

Akashiel

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:51 AM

I think its possible for witches to recognize each other instinctively, but its also possible to either instinctively or purposefully hide that "witchy aura" especially if the witch in question has lived in a situation where it would be hazardous to be discovered as one. Of course you could say that you can sense if someone is shielding, but its probably better to assume that there are people around that are better at "hiding" than you are at sensing.

#32 Nera

Nera

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

No matter how much I conceal my Craft, there were  some people that somehow got an idea of who I am and what my practices are. I was surprised, but one of the is an occult practitioner, maybe that's why. But, I can sense if somebody is a witch.

"There are some who may seem -seem not- as others seem,

who walk life's ragged mile

hid' beneath Man's common guise.

Yet such are they that seem by day,

who walk abroad by night."

#33 Anubha

Anubha

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

I have never given this much thought. I've really only come to an understanding of my own nature in the last year or so. But I grew up feeling different than most. Occasionally, I would meet someone and feel an intense energy connection. I thought it was, perhaps, the connection between intuitives but maybe something else was going on as well. One of these people was a Catholic woman from Germany. She is definitely a witch. I doubt she would admit this. She was my manager at a health food store. I wasn't feeling well one day and she thought I should have gotten more done. She prayed about it(I found out later through the grapevine) and the store flooded. I spent hours alone scooping and mopping up water. No one answered their phones. She gloated for days while I silently fumed at her. Her basement flooded three times in the next month  :)  It wiped that smirk right off of her face.

I will definitely be testing out my "witchdar" now.

#34 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

In my experience, the answer is a definite yes.  

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#35 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

I can certainly feel it when someone is " leaning on" me, or pushing their will at me. They don't have to be witches for that to occur, though. Ex: a nun who silently prayed-at me rather than for me. The atmosphere was thick as pea soup.