Is there such a thing as "Witch Radar"?

Scarlet

Greetings All

Most definately I believe - and by experience!

Fact is in my experience the old line "The Mark endures with book or without and by it you must ward not to be betrayed" is one of the better bits advice that I have ever got!

While most certainly there are actual physical marks that can occur, (including skin tags - that one took me by surprise actually!) more to the point we tend to spot each other and know, (with a modicum of practice) whether or not that one being spotted is one of us or another. Of course as Aloe points out - there are ways to keep it to a minimum and not be spotted but well .. where's the fun in that - unless you are on "a mission"!

Of course there is also the old advice that simply because they may be seen as one of us - that doesn't per se mean you should trust em! As my first mentor pointed out: "Siblings you keep the closest eye on - they after all eat at the same table as you!" lol

Scott

• Like 1

Greetings All

Most definately I believe - and by experience!

Fact is in my experience the old line "The Mark endures with book or without and by it you must ward not to be betrayed" is one of the better bits advice that I have ever got!

While most certainly there are actual physical marks that can occur, (including skin tags - that one took me by surprise actually!) more to the point we tend to spot each other and know, (with a modicum of practice) whether or not that one being spotted is one of us or another. Of course as Aloe points out - there are ways to keep it to a minimum and not be spotted but well .. where's the fun in that - unless you are on "a mission"!

Of course there is also the old advice that simply because they may be seen as one of us - that doesn't per se mean you should trust em! As my first mentor pointed out: "Siblings you keep the closest eye on - they after all eat at the same table as you!" lol

Scott

This is excellent advice!  I know I have run across one in particular (a co-worker) and I did my best to play "dumb" around her.  I did not trust her at all.  I know she had suspicions about me being a witch, but I kept that vital information under my pointy black hat.

This is excellent advice!  I know I have run across one in particular (a co-worker) and I did my best to play "dumb" around her.  I did not trust her at all.  I know she had suspicions about me being a witch, but I kept that vital information under my pointy black hat.

Oh, I agree, Raineylane.  The idea that all Witches do or should love each other and be best-est friends is a bunch of new age bullshit, anyway.  It is funny how people assume that all who walk the magical Path know and/or like each other.  I had a similar experience with the wife of a client.  I didn't necessarily play "dumb" around her, but I was purposely vague and shielded strongly in her presence.  In my case, however, it was more about just not liking her, regardless of her Witchy tendencies. 

Everything that came out of her mouth was condescending and cutting, almost like she had to make sure she got in a jab or snide remark, even when she was allegedly complimenting someone.  She exuded a special kind of arrogance, like with every word, she was granting others permission to exist.  OT: But, during a reception for a person's retirement, she stood near the doorway and "informed" everyone who approached that it was "fine" for them to enter the room.  She had nothing to do with the planning or hosting of the event, had no relationship to the person being honored, etc., so it was really, really fucking annoying.  She was also the type to have a comment or opinion on absolutely everything and would correct people, even those who are experts in the area under discussion.  Yeah, real stupid bitch, Witch or not.

Anyway, I didn't find it prudent to reveal myself, either, like you said, even though she likely suspected.  Thanks, but no thanks . . . I really don't need "friends" like that.  :)

• 2 years later...

I have experienced the eyes/telepathy thing too, only it wasn't anything to do with witches. it was the tall, blond ETs. (don't snort if you laugh). But, when it has been about witches, I see a faint light on the third eye that looks like a bulls head, or a circle with horns. I've only ever seen it twice...guess I don't hang out with the right folk.

I think its possible for witches to recognize each other instinctively, but its also possible to either instinctively or purposefully hide that "witchy aura" especially if the witch in question has lived in a situation where it would be hazardous to be discovered as one. Of course you could say that you can sense if someone is shielding, but its probably better to assume that there are people around that are better at "hiding" than you are at sensing.

No matter how much I conceal my Craft, there were  some people that somehow got an idea of who I am and what my practices are. I was surprised, but one of the is an occult practitioner, maybe that's why. But, I can sense if somebody is a witch.

• 6 months later...

I have never given this much thought. I've really only come to an understanding of my own nature in the last year or so. But I grew up feeling different than most. Occasionally, I would meet someone and feel an intense energy connection. I thought it was, perhaps, the connection between intuitives but maybe something else was going on as well. One of these people was a Catholic woman from Germany. She is definitely a witch. I doubt she would admit this. She was my manager at a health food store. I wasn't feeling well one day and she thought I should have gotten more done. She prayed about it(I found out later through the grapevine) and the store flooded. I spent hours alone scooping and mopping up water. No one answered their phones. She gloated for days while I silently fumed at her. Her basement flooded three times in the next month  :)  It wiped that smirk right off of her face.

I will definitely be testing out my "witchdar" now.

I can certainly feel it when someone is " leaning on" me, or pushing their will at me. They don't have to be witches for that to occur, though. Ex: a nun who silently prayed-at me rather than for me. The atmosphere was thick as pea soup.

• 1 year later...

I do find it interesting how people with gifts sense and find each other. My best friend of 9 years is gifted and we have a bond like family. I was the only one in school she had told of her gifts only to find that I was sensitive as well. We can tell each other anything, I haven’t told her I’ve began practicing the craft but from a few comments she’s made I think she may suspect it.

In response to the comment of noticing when someone “leans on” you, there have been times where she was trying to pry into my thoughts/emotions and I felt her do it in class. I thought “hey are you in here?” And I felt her slink away with a small smile on her face hahaha

Edited by FancyShadowCat

• 4 weeks later...

I love this thread!

I absolutely know for sure that this happens.

I’ve had a few experiences of this happen to me this year.

One was only a few weeks ago... I make and sell goat milk soap, a woman approached my stall (we had set up at a small fayre in a little mountain village here in Ireland), she asked a lot of questions and bought some soap then casually commented on the fact that my ingredients must have come from a “witches garden”, I am a massive grower of herbs etc, she then winked at me, gave me a huge knowing smile and went on her way. I loved it.

Not everyone is so warm and welcoming of the lifestyle over here...

Some Churchy folk seem to be able to sense it in me (I look or dress nothing like a “stereotypical witch”) and they actively avoid me or just seem afraid...

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I think this is definitely a thing. I've had the feeling from people in the past, just a sudden dawning.

I have wondered if this is good or not, as others could clearly sense me if I can sense them.

Some non magic folk also seem to have this sense. I've moved a lot and every time a "rumour" has always started that I am a witch haha

My friends have started a similar rumor/joke about me as well.. It’s partially my fault I suppose. I shut a friends car door and the make-shift holding for the window fell apart and the window fell right down. He made a joke that I did it on purpose and I said “yep sorry, I’ll break the hex of ruin (from a video game we play) I put on you when I get home”.

Ever since then him and my other friend talk and joke about me being a witch occasionally. To which I just kind of deny but also don’t give too much attention so that I don’t add validity to it. I also happen to be amassing a large garden of herbs so I’ll have to remember not to brag about that haha.

This has happened to me once that I can think of, and it happens to stick in my mind as several other strange and powerful things happened to me at the same place.

I was visiting a very old hall in Derbyshire, it was a week day out of season so there were very few people there. On the long walk down the path to reach the entrance, there was a group of other visitors making their way down at the same time. One woman for some reason stood out to me and I have no idea why, she just "pinged" out from the rest, but I forgot about it and walked off around the hall.

A while later, after I'd been around the hall, I sat in the courtyard to have a rest and take in the place. All of a sudden the woman appeared besides me and sat down, before saying "are you a witch too?". I said I was and she said "I knew there were witches here."

We sat and chatted for a short time about local places we'd visited and the best stone circles in the area, before she left. I have to say it stuck in my mind because of that knowing we both must have felt, but she was obviously more tuned in to than me! It was really awesome to bump into another witch like that.

That was cool, and I like that some witches are brave enough to just come right out and ask you if you are a witch. I'm a bit more shy and beat around the bush a bit before asking.

It is really like meeting an old friend.

That was cool, and I like that some witches are brave enough to just come right out and ask you if you are a witch. I'm a bit more shy and beat around the bush a bit before asking.

It is really like meeting an old friend.

It really was as if I was talking to someone I'd met before, even though I really hadn't, she was from Canada! I'm so glad she did feel confident and relaxed enough to just ask...and confident enough in her intuition to know that I was. It really made my day!

I definitely believe that people who practice the craft give of a different vibration to other people. I have sensed it with people and a woman actually approached me in Butlins Holiday park and asked me if I was wiccan!! This was in the evening while watching the entertainment. I wore a shirt and jeans and would definitely not give the impression that I am witchy or occultist in any way shape or form.

Of course I told the lady no and gave her a confused look..... she was wearing a pentagram ring but I didn't sense her coming and did wonder how she sensed me

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting that I never replied to this thread before...I often feel that I am a beacon for all types of wild things and people.  Homeless people, the mentally ill, spirits, animals, to name a few.  I don't know that "witch radar" is what it really is, but other people who are sensitive or damaged can certainly pick me out in a crowd.  I dress like a normie most of the time so it makes no sense whatsoever so I typically just let them know I can see them in some way.  I have no real way of describing it other than I have to hide more than just my clothing and hair style if I do not want to be noticed.

Interesting that I never replied to this thread before...I often feel that I am a beacon for all types of wild things and people. Homeless people, the mentally ill, spirits, animals, to name a few. I don't know that "witch radar" is what it really is, but other people who are sensitive or damaged can certainly pick me out in a crowd. I dress like a normie most of the time so it makes no sense whatsoever so I typically just let them know I can see them in some way. I have no real way of describing it other than I have to hide more than just my clothing and hair style if I do not want to be noticed.

I think I understand what you are saying. I’m often quiet, yet my presence does not go unnoticed most of the time. Though I tend to be able to pick out emotionally/spiritually ‘healthy’ people from a crowd rather than the damaged. Likely because those are the ones I prefer to interact with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's definitely a thing :p the weirdest one I ever had was I was visiting a friend's new apartment and his roommate also had a friend over. We went into their room to share a drink and play some racing game they were playing and the roommates friend looks at me in one moment and goes - "you're a witch." Just flat out, no hostility only humour, my friend looks at me pointedly and I tried to demure like naaah no that's silly but he kept at it like "you're going to cast a spell on me" and like, just calling me "Witchie" every chance he got, eventually I was laughing and getting wound up about it and I told him if he didn't stop I really would cast something at him and I felt it building up, and the roommate just goes "go for it he loves that kind of thing" - so just to spite the bastard I held it back and eventually forgot, and by the end of the visit he said to me "you're the first witch that forgot to spell me" and it was all amicable and really really funny, but mind-blowing, I'd never met this guy before, nothing was ever said to him about my practice and I actually haven't seen him since, besides walking past him in the town, and I still don't know what to make of the experience - like I dressed just in plaid shirts and jeans at the time and I had no idea that I was obvious in any way, I generally keep my practice to myself. Since joining a coven I've learned a bit more about energy reading and shielding, and how important it can be in the witching world