- - - - -

a word of thanks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ashley_*

Guest_ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

I just wanted to send all of the members of this board a quick word of thanks. I've been interested in witchcraft my entire life - since I was a child, but seriously looking into it for the past eight years. I haven't done much spell work or anything, really ... because the only "paths" I thought were open to me were unappealing. The majority of information when I started my search was Wiccan-based (in reality, it still is) and that never spoke to me the way I thought it should.

Coming across this board REALLY opened my eyes in a major way. I saw the heading "non-wiccan witch," and I can't even describe the excitement. I've spent the last two weeks lurking, reading through post after post - and it was like... finally getting confirmation of something you always knew to be true and has really inspired me. I feel like I'm finally ready to start exploring myself and my beliefs and carving out path that truly works for me - and I can't thank you guys enough for that.

#2 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

That's a wonderful thing as well as a great compliment to the site owners and the members, so on behalf of the members Thank You! I hope that you stop lurking and join us!!
Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#3 Guest_ashley_*

Guest_ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:10 AM

That's a wonderful thing as well as a great compliment to the site owners and the members, so on behalf of the members Thank You! I hope that you stop lurking and join us!!

Well, I applied :] But, I'm still really new - while I've been interested & studying for a very long time, I haven't been working on practical application - so I don't think my account will be approved. But I'll still be reading and learning from you and taking it all in. :]

#4 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:24 AM

Well, I applied :] But, I'm still really new - while I've been interested & studying for a very long time, I haven't been working on practical application - so I don't think my account will be approved. But I'll still be reading and learning from you and taking it all in. :]

Well, just because you have not applied your knowledge doesn't mean that you have none!! We all start somewhere hun, keep on learning, join and ask questions, you will learn soon enough and when you are ready, you are ready!! Posted Image

Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#5 ashley

ashley

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

Well, just because you have not applied your knowledge doesn't mean that you have none!! We all start somewhere hun, keep on learning, join and ask questions, you will learn soon enough and when you are ready, you are ready!! Posted Image

:] I take back what I said before - I did get approved. I'm really excited. And this place seems like a good place to start.

#6 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:59 AM

:] I take back what I said before - I did get approved. I'm really excited. And this place seems like a good place to start.

Good for you!! Now you need to post an introduction!