4 replies to this topic

#1 Royzen

Royzen

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:37 AM

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask if there's anyone here who's familiarized with the divinatory system of Geomancy (this particular form: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomancy)? Yeah, it's very old... I found some books on the subject, visited a few sites and from what I see, it seems to have quite positive reviews due to it's accuracy in readings. It looks really interesting and I'm curious to see how this works.

I've searched around the forum, but "Geomancy" is barely mentioned. (Or maybe it's under a different name?). Except for this piece I found by Anjelwolf's article on divination. The one I underlined below is probably what I'm talking about:
"GEOMANCY: Divination by interpreting the Element of Earth. Forms include scattering and throwing dirt, gravel or sand, interpreting lines or figures traced in earth, and observation of earth formations. Ley line interpretation and Feng Shui are forms of Geomancy."

Other than that, seems no one has further elaborated yet on the subject. If anyone has any experience with this, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Thanks.

#2 Eon

Eon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

http://www.spiritofm...mann_sedona.gif

I'm a huge fan of sacred geometry. There are also no forums here on that. I think geomancy is just a part of life, and should be recognized a little more.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind

#3 Eon

Eon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

http://www.spiritofm...e/jan4/mann.htm
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind

#4 MasterPoucksBestMan

MasterPoucksBestMan

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Geomancy is my favorite tool, when I'm in the mood to use a tool. Its a very verstile and exact tool, that can also be used for active workings, in a similar way that runes can. I learned from John Michael Greer's books, and I also own a geomancy program put out by Christopher Warnock from his Traditional Astrology website. There is a Geomancy yahoo group, though it is not very active. There are a few very helpful members there, though, as well as a nice files section.

I have a book on astrological geomancy and one on astronomical geomancy, as well as a very old pamphlet written by Aleister Crowley (which isn't very good honestly). Paul Huson has a very small section on the geomantic symbols in Mastering Witchcraft, but some of the info in there is not correct. I have every book on the subject written my John Michael Greer, even an out of print book, but his latest book The Art and Practice of Geomancy contains all you'll ever really need to practice geomancy at an very competent level, from its divinatory uses to using them in active workings. Put it this way, I have read for money using geomancy having only studied the John Michael Greer material, and I've never had a complaint.

Edited by MasterPoucksBestMan, 07 June 2013 - 07:58 PM.

The Wild Hunt take them all, and Herne have their guts for his bow string...

#5 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Bump

RSKHFMY

#6 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:57 AM

Geomancy includes reading game trails and animal tracks as well as the way trees grow and creek beds carve the earth.  I'd say I'm quite familiar with this in that aspect.  I agree that it's a part of life.  Does anyone have more on this subject?

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."