Greetings to all

Azrail

I would like to go ahead and introduce myself to all of you. My name is Brandy and I am 25 years old. I have a 18 month old son named Rowan, 4 cats and a bearded dragon. Today has been especially rough for me because I lost my best friend this afternoon. His name was Duo and he was a border collie. Best damn dog I've ever had. I've been trying to shake this relentless sadness. He was only 4 years old. He was hit by a car earlier today and despite my dire want for him to live I knew it was a done deal when he collapsed. I put my hand over his eyes and wished for his pain to cease. He died on the way to the vet. I apologize, it's not the brightest of intros. I thought maybe posting would take my mind of things... I'm going to give a good shot.

I've covered the basics thus far. I'm a single mom with to many pets. That's a good start right? Besides running around rescuing cats from a rather large baby, I like to study herbalism and occult practices. I do not belong to a coven though I am considered a "fringe member" of a local coven of Wiccans. We have a rather large group of Wiccans in my area and I like to get together with them from time to time. I also run a wand shoppe. Most of my customers are Wiccan or just huge Harry Potter fans so I do owe allot to them for putting food on my plate. I give them the same level f respect I would give a Trad. Witch. I myself do not belong to either sect. I was not taught by anyone, I was never initiated into any coven. I "initiated" myself into the service of nature. I do not believe in any one God or Goddess. I do believe that the personifications are significant however. I've read a good portion of books pertaining to Wicca, herbalism and the occult in general. I'm not a big fan of Gerald Gardner or Raymond Buckland for that matter. I do not believe in the three fold law. thee was a time when I felt that it must have some significance and so far I've found that they had the right idea... I think that when we ask for something we must be prepared to lose something. I've found the old adage to be true, "nothing is free"...

I have my own way of going about things and it mainly consists of things I've figured out on my own. I tend not to use tools when I work and I'm not big on calling corners or drawing circles. I try to do things in a natural kind of flow. I draw my energy from myself. I'm very fond of my ability with animals. That's my one great talent. I seem to have little trouble communicating with them. I'm very good at reading body language and I'm very aware of my own movement.

I currently do not know of an existing tradition in my family though my last name (which is NOT by any means popular) seems to come up allot when Nazi occult practice is mentioned. I am German I am also Irish, Hispanic and French. I'm a nice well rounded mutt if you will. I do not know much about my ancestors. When our family first moved over to the US from Germany, many of them died in a well documented house fire in Washington D.C.

I hope that one day I will get to the bottom of my families true history. Until then I'm here and I hope you all find me to helpful and entertaining.

If you have any advice or wise words send em my way... I could sure use it

May the moon light your path

I would like to go ahead and introduce myself to all of you. My name is Brandy and I am 25 years old. I have a 18 month old son named Rowan, 4 cats and a bearded dragon. Today has been especially rough for me because I lost my best friend this afternoon. His name was Duo and he was a border collie. Best damn dog I've ever had. I've been trying to shake this relentless sadness. He was only 4 years old. He was hit by a car earlier today and despite my dire want for him to live I knew it was a done deal when he collapsed. I put my hand over his eyes and wished for his pain to cease. He died on the way to the vet. I apologize, it's not the brightest of intros. I thought maybe posting would take my mind of things... I'm going to give a good shot.

I've covered the basics thus far. I'm a single mom with to many pets. That's a good start right? Besides running around rescuing cats from a rather large baby, I like to study herbalism and occult practices. I do not belong to a coven though I am considered a "fringe member" of a local coven of Wiccans. We have a rather large group of Wiccans in my area and I like to get together with them from time to time. I also run a wand shoppe. Most of my customers are Wiccan or just huge Harry Potter fans so I do owe allot to them for putting food on my plate. I give them the same level f respect I would give a Trad. Witch. I myself do not belong to either sect. I was not taught by anyone, I was never initiated into any coven. I "initiated" myself into the service of nature. I do not believe in any one God or Goddess. I do believe that the personifications are significant however. I've read a good portion of books pertaining to Wicca, herbalism and the occult in general. I'm not a big fan of Gerald Gardner or Raymond Buckland for that matter. I do not believe in the three fold law. thee was a time when I felt that it must have some significance and so far I've found that they had the right idea... I think that when we ask for something we must be prepared to lose something. I've found the old adage to be true, "nothing is free"...

I have my own way of going about things and it mainly consists of things I've figured out on my own. I tend not to use tools when I work and I'm not big on calling corners or drawing circles. I try to do things in a natural kind of flow. I draw my energy from myself. I'm very fond of my ability with animals. That's my one great talent. I seem to have little trouble communicating with them. I'm very good at reading body language and I'm very aware of my own movement.

I currently do not know of an existing tradition in my family though my last name (which is NOT by any means popular) seems to come up allot when Nazi occult practice is mentioned. I am German I am also Irish, Hispanic and French. I'm a nice well rounded mutt if you will. I do not know much about my ancestors. When our family first moved over to the US from Germany, many of them died in a well documented house fire in Washington D.C.

I hope that one day I will get to the bottom of my families true history. Until then I'm here and I hope you all find me to helpful and entertaining.

If you have any advice or wise words send em my way... I could sure use it

May the moon light your path

Hello Azrail...it is a pleasure to welcome you to the forum :) I was born in Washington, D.c. and I also have 4 cats :) I also have a small retail spirituality business as well :) and many of us are heavily into herbs :) So it would appear that you are in good company :)

I am so sorry for your recent loss. It is very warm and tender for you to have come on here during this most private and sad moment of your life and share it with us. Please know that if you would like, feel free to talk about the sadness you feel...we are here to listen.

As for the rest...take your time at reading everything. Jump in when you feel ready :)

Again...welcome :)

same goes here ! Sorry about your loss but I hope sharing some good company will go some way to easing the pain!

;)Cooh you're brave having pets and small person , i wouldn't do as I'd dread what he'd do to them , my friends cat locks its self in her bathroom everytime he comes round!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I'm still a bit upset but I'm doing much better now. I was a wreck the other day. I'm really happy to wee how welcoming this forum is. I'm pleasantly surprised. I hope to get to know all of you and look forward to our chit chats. Until then!

Archived