Sign in to follow this  
barefoot tabby

Witchy Traits

My hair grows sssssoooo fast. Like Rapunzel or some shit. It has been like that my whole life.

I can cut off tons and it grows right back where it was to begin with: my waist. It's long, black (with a reddish cast in the sun) and grows at a rate that I have never seen in anyone else. It's bizarre. When I was married I used to let my husband cut it, and he would have to cut inches off every couple of weeks it seemed, just to keep it manageable. It's so thick and long, and it has a total mind of it's own

Hhhhhmmmmm...I used to have a birthmark just over my third eye chakra but had it removed. My son, who I suspect is witchy, has the same mark. I have long, wild reddish brown hair and green eyes that change colors with my moods. As another member mentioned on this thread, fruits tend to rot quickly around me. I've given up on avacados and bananas. But the most pronounced witchy feature, as most others have mentioned, is my piercing and intense gaze.

I was also born with one foot laying flat against my shin. My mother was told I would need a leg brace to walk but she massaged my leg and had me do exercises to strengthen the weak muscles and it's fine now.  I'm not sure if this is a witch mark but have read that it is a mark of a shaman or medicineman/woman to be born lame in one leg and to be assymetrical somehow as is being born with a caul. These are all supposedly signs that one will be able to walk in the otherworld.

Edited by Anubha

Until reading this thread I hadn't really thought I had any witchy traits. But now that I've put some thought into it I realized a few of the things that I just considered quirky about myself could be considered witchy.

I'll do my best, but wall of text incoming. :P lol

First thing that popped into my head: my ability to make others feel what I'm feeling when I bottle up to much energy. I have had family and coworkers stop me mid story or tirade because they were literally having trouble breathing. Like I had sucked all of the air out of the room. Or when I'm angry (real anger that I have a poor grasp on and cant push it aside at the moment) I have had ppl react to me entering the room even when they didn't know I was there. My boss shuddered and commented on it when I entered her energy field. Said I was crackling.

The funny thing is she is a student pastor and doesn't appear to believe in magic.

I too have trouble with my stare. I make ppl either very comfortable or very uneasy depending on my mood or the situation. When ppl approach me and just randomly spill there entire lives all over me, I cant seem to shake them. It's like my eyes draw them in and I feel trapped by their need to unload all of their problems at me. Before I learned to embrace and control my empathic abilities I was literally trapped and it would trigger a panic attack when I went out in public. I still draw people in if I make eye contact but I am able to redirect the emotions they dump on me and don't feel trapped anymore. :)

It's very funny now when I'm in a large group of ppl and make eye contact with someone. I watch the confusion as they try to figure out why they suddenly want to come talk to me. Some resist the urge but will continue to glance over at me till they give in or leave lol.

I was homeschooled so I didn't really notice until I got to college how I could affect an entire room full of strangers. In all my classes, no matter where I sat the teachers eyes would always find mine and get stuck there. In the lecture hall the speaker would also find me and then rarely look away. On a few occasions they would answer questions I had only thought to myself while they were looking in my eyes.

My classmates would comment on it too. Most were just happy she/he wasn't looking at them. Lol. To this day it still happens. At every staff meeting my boss will stare in my eyes the entire time. No matter where I sit. It was really funny when I sat behind her and she kept turning around every couple min to look at me. Lol. I have wondered if it is a side effect of the fact that I am focused on them. It seems to affect people I am focused on the strongest.

Let's see. I also have large hands and feet. But so to all the women on my mother's side. My grandmother is turning 80 and wears a size 11/12 shoe. Lol.

My hair is incredibly long. Last measurement was 4feet. But it has gotten longer since I had my son. :) my hair is baby fine and if I wore it short would look like a wavy knotted mess lol. The weight of the length keeps it straight. I keep it braided most of the time. When I was a teenager I wore it down and dressed all In Black. I was asked by many if i was a witch. I didn't think i was at the time. Just a very depressed girl. :) as i learned to embrace myself i got the depression under control. I still dress all in black, but now I just look like a goth mom lol. ;P I probably look more witchy to strangers than I do to ppl who have known me for years. To my family I have always been weird lol.

As a child I was drawn to quartz. I never knew why but I would rarely go out of the house without coming home with at least one piece in my pocket. Every time I moved it amazed me how many I had unconsciously collected. Even to this day I get the urge to bring home quartz. I would place them all around my bedroom as a child. It wasn't till I started learning about the occult in my late 20s that I learned about the psychic protections some ppl Associate with quartz. I was unconsciously surrounding myself with it during my darkest times. I now use those same stones around my home as part of my protections. I feel a connection to them.

Well that was quite a wall lol.

Sel

• Upvote 1

A few years back, I had arrived in New Orleans and was sitting in a par waiting for a friend. I had not been there five minutes before a young girl, not more than 12, saw me, stopped, and shouted out, "Look Daddy, a Witch!" It was not Halloween, nor was I wearing full traditional style or otherwise being "out." I was just hanging around, maybe reading. I laughed, because, I mean, of all places to be called out immediately, the Sacred City? I asked her how she knew, and she said, "your nose!"

:roflhard:

Other traits:

I often have a crystal or stone in my hand or within reach, besides the ones I may wear.

I wear a hooded cloak (before which I had a modified cape) as my regular winterwear.

Hand stretching and gestures are an important part of my personal regime.

A couple of random but notable birthmarks.

Others mentioned Wild Hair and Penetrating Stare... I have those too :sunny:

And ah yes the Empathy, such a fun trait of the Witch class :rofl:  Feels like being a sponge, to me. Gotta wring myself out.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I possess any physical "traits" but I have learned over the years that there are very few things I cannot grow if I put my mind to it.  

• Upvote 1

Your nose? Wow. Hahaha!

A few years back, I had arrived in New Orleans and was sitting in a par waiting for a friend. I had not been there five minutes before a young girl, not more than 12, saw me, stopped, and shouted out, "Look Daddy, a Witch!" It was not Halloween, nor was I wearing full traditional style or otherwise being "out." I was just hanging around, maybe reading. I laughed, because, I mean, of all places to be called out immediately, the Sacred City? I asked her how she knew, and she said, "your nose!"

:roflhard:

Edited by WitchVillage
  • Upvote 1

I have long hair and a propensity for all black clothing.

• Upvote 2

I have a brain that processes the world through a mystical filter.  My great grandma said I walked in 2 worlds at once.

• Upvote 1

Recently I have found myself thinking about the traits that people back in the day would consider "witchy", such as birthmarks, third nipples, fingers a little too long and boney, etc. And wondering how these things became trademarks of the typical witch.

But, my question is, does anyone here have any witch-like traits? (I know I have a few) Could there be a glimmer of truth behind the old accusations?

Since I'm new and hadn't seen this thread before, I thought it would be fun to personally answer this question. I have spots (de-pigmented from the sun due to my rosacea) all along my hairline of my forehead (some bigger, about the size of a dime, and some smaller that are usually hidden under my curly bangs) that probably would've been considered "witches marks" back in the bad old days of the Burning Times. I'm sure if I'd had land someone else wanted back then or something, those speckles on my forehead would've been used against me.

Of course, I also have a ton of tattoos now that would've been unsettling back then, too.

Of course, I also have a ton of tattoos now that would've been unsettling back then, too.

The inquisitors would have thought you were a Viking!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this