Sign in to follow this  
barefoot tabby

Witchy Traits

We must be twins LoL I have had people ask me not to look at them, they say my penatrating gaze creeps them out, like I am looking through them. My first husbands mother absolutely hated my guts. In out late teens he was not allowed to borrow her car if he was coming to see me. Then years later, at the birth of our first child, she showed up and commented that my son had the same "scarey" eyes that I had. She stayed for a week and during that time we talked (probably first time ever really. I asked her why she had hated me so much in the beginning and she said that she didn't hate me, I just made her extremely nervous and there was something about my very dark eyes that set her on edge. LoL nothing has changed.

If I want to look witchy I do. If I don't want to look witchy I don't. It's all about what I feel like on a certain day or situation, I'm a master at changing my appearance.

I have a birthmark on my ass, but not many people have ever seen that!! kat.gif

My eyes are intense, a physic once told me she knew I had the "power" the minute she looked into my eyes. Had a doctor jump back and almost fall when he first looked into my eyes with his light -(not quite sure what that was about)

As for the average person on the street, that intensity just says BITCH!

So, I suppose it's all relative.

Now I am curious Jevne! And have a ton of questions which are definetely off topic, but I will sneak one in-how about plants? Do they grow better? Not at all? Jeez, I could go on and on,-sorry :red_witch:

LOL! You are the first person to ever say that my "rotting" personality is Cool. Living plants and I do not really get along in one-on-one, close situations. I have plants in the house, but I now pay my sons to take care of them, because if I give them any attention, they tend to get all brown and yucky. I love them, don't get me wrong, and I've tried. I can easily identify weeds, flowers, and trees out in nature and spend a lot of time outside, but no garden or yard tending for me, not if I want more than a big pile of brown dirt. Makes you wonder if someone else back in the day had similar experiences, which caused he/she to be deemed a Witch. Somehow the idea caught on, and well, here we are . . .

My eyes change colours. Some days they are bright green, other days bright blue and every once in a while they turn a turquoise colour. On stormy days when I'm feeling a bit down, they turn a blueish grey colour.

I had a birthmark under my ribcage on the right side, but it's faded and isn't visible any more.

Also my hair tends to change colour (not like a chameleon!); my hair is a dark chocolate colour but will either have blonde or ginger highlights and sometimes a mix, but they change whenever I wash my hair. I usually have a noticeable strip of blonde in my hair on the front-left that people sometimes think is dyed.

I have the intense "mom" eyes. I can make people either get very nervous or actually walk away from me with a look. When I was young people would stop me and comment on my eyes. They also change color if I am doing magic of any sort or channeling energy. That is in addition to what may be considered a third nipple, a pink mole on the "milk line" on my left side.

I have a large birthmark just behind my temple it's covered by my hair but is easily found if your looking for it, I remember as a child my mom saying it was my witches mark. My eyes also change color from very dark brown to a very vibrant green that people tend to stare at . My husband noticed right away that my eyes reflected my mood and would check the color when we got together to see if I was happy or not lol. I have perfected the 20 yard stare which I use when people annoy me I just quietly stare at them until they go away.

Every "witch" has thier markers, whether obvious, or not. I beleive my traits are marked by the black' freckles" in one of my green/hazel eyes.Any "trait" no matter what it "is" can be recognized by another witch. :beerchug:

Good points. Like the birth mark on my forearm actually looks like a pair of lips as if I've been kissed by something, or in this case, it would look like I was kissed by Lucille Ball. ;)

While I believe anything could be a "witch trait" if you're really looking for one, I do have a couple small brownish moles which could be considered "witch marks."

Two of them I've had since I was little. One mole is located on my forehead where some believe the "third eye" is located. The second is on my arm. I have a few different moles on my arms but this one stands out because it is the same shape as the state where I was born. I find this more amusing than anything.

There is a third one which draws my attention, and this one I actually place a little bit of meaning into. This mole is located on the ringfinger of my left had and it showed up only about five or so years ago. I've been a practitioner of witchcraft for many years now but I didn't start down the path of Traditional Witchcraft until about five or so years ago. Not long after that I noticed the new mole forming on my finger.

I know it's most likely nothing, but it is an interesting coincidence that at the same time all this was going on I was researching witch trials and such, and was looking into the various "witch marks" witch-hunters would look for. One being a small mole or scar on the finger.

If anything, it's an interesting conversational piece. :wink:

Edited by CatBones

I have a maple-leaf shaped birthmark between my breasts, does that count? ;p It used to weird me out because it was such a clear and distinct shape. It's gotten much lighter since I hit puberty, so I generally forget that it's there.

I think I may have a similar 'talent', Jevne - I can't keep plants alive at all. I don't have the high-rot rate, but I can't seem to keep any sort of plant alive. :( The best successes I have had are cactus-type plants that dry up and can go without water for a while...and even those I manage to kill dead either through underwatering or OVERwatering.

My extended family seems to think I have some sort of 'sight' that can help or hinder their fortunes - not sure what they're basing that on, since frankly I'm crap at divination.

I've had other witches identify me but I'm not sure how - apparently I give myself away when I talk or do things. It's kind of irritating because I don't know what my 'tell' is, and I never have any luck identifying anyone else unless they've introduced themselves as a witch first.

I like tea - that's apparently a common witchy trait. :P

My eyes freak people out simply because they're so dark in artificial light they seem to lack a pupil. In natural light, they lighten considerably and have some red undertones. I don't necessarily have the 1,000 yard stare, but when I'm angry (even if I don't seem angry), I make people really fearful/uncomfortable. The first time my hubby and I had a fight (which is quite rare), he was convinced I was going to hit him or something, even though I was across the room and didn't make any motion towards him whatsoever. That's not particularly "witchy," but I thought I'd share.

I've got the odd mole and birthmark, but the only thing "witchy" is a mole-bump on my chin (all the women in my family have one) and it sprouts the odd hair or two if I don't keep it maintained. :biggrin:

In real life, people just think of me as a crunchy-granola-earth-mother-tree-hugging hippie. :wink:

Edited by Evergreen47

I've got the odd mole and birthmark, but the only thing "witchy" is a mole-bump on my chin (all the women in my family have one) and it sprouts the odd hair or two if I don't keep it maintained. :biggrin:

That's seen as a sign of good fortune and wisdom in Chinese culture, and some people let them grow long very proudly. ;)

My grandmother had a dark brown mole on the left side of her nose and my mother inherited it from her. I don't remember my mother having it when I was a child but when I recently saw her it was there and I made note of it because in the last few months a little hard bump showed up next to my nose in the same place and now it wont go away. Seeing her solved that mystery for me. It seems I will be cursed with the mole too but I may have a few decades before its noticeable to others. It seems to be more of a mark of age in our family than a witchy trait.

That's seen as a sign of good fortune and wisdom in Chinese culture, and some people let them grow long very proudly. :wink:

Nothankyouverymuch! It's mortifying enough when I don't realize how long the hair has gotten and my hubby pulls it from my chin. It's usually a white hair, so I guess I should just be happy it's not long and black!

It seems to be more of a mark of age in our family than a witchy trait.

Agreed, WR. :smile: I was just playing into the stereotypes. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I dont look my age!!

(dont f---ing act it either) is that A trait. Ohh i have six fingers. Not. hahaaaaaaaa

sorry dont know whats got into me!! ahhhh i think thats a trait. ok ill stop.

Does anyone else appear to get bigger when they get really mad?

I've got the 3rd nipple thing goin on.

Not when I get mad, but under certain 'other' conditions (addressing the bigger issue) ;)

No third nipple.

My eyes are an unusual colour - it's nice though, but has had some doctors in consternation.

My eyes change color depending on my mood.  They go from gold to such a deep brown that they're almost black.  That really freaks people out.

Rose do you mean like "hulk out"? lol

My eyes change color too.  They can be any color of the sea, from grey and almost black to bright blue, green or even teal/aqua. They change depending on my mood and what I'm wearing.  ;)

No - not 'hulk out'.  That would imply changing or growing into something other.  Just bigger - it's weird.

I never realized that I do this until I had several different people tell me about it.  It still freaks my husband out after 10 years.  I didn't really realize how serious they were when they told me about it until I watched my daughter do it. 

It's not a physical change - it's more like your presense grows bigger and intensifies.  I don't know how else to try to describe it.

It could be the way you project yourself under threat/anger... frightened submissive people tend to "cower" or hunch up into themselves (almost like making one's self a smaller target) and animals when threatened often hackle their fur, fluff out their feathers, or puff up in general in an attempt to appear larger and more threatening and ward off an attack. It's quite common in nature, so I don't see why standing straighter, shoulders back, head high, muscles at-the-ready (which would all project one's presence as bigger) would not be an automatic response from an angry or threatened person. People with confidence tend to "hold their head high" and people with arrogance tend to walk with a swagger, and submissive people tend to walk with their head down, shoulders hunched forward. And all of those things can project a different size and strength impression to the observer. So makes sense....

M

• Upvote 1

Nothing identifiable about me.  Like someone else mentioned I do look a lot younger than I am.  I'm a pretty easy going person but I have heard people say, "I'd hate to piss her off!"

I have, on two occasions, had people that asked me if I was a witch.  One was my 5 year old niece and another was a woman who suffered brain damage. Not sure what they meant by that.  My nose is pretty normal, along with my skin color and I don't dress any differently than anyone else and I don't cackle, as far as I know, so  I don't know why those two asked me something like that.  Out of the mouth of babes and brain damaged people...they know things!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this