138 replies to this topic

#61 Rustic

Rustic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'm a ginger; I would not have lasted long during the Witch Hunting days, lol.

"You're horrible!"

"No, I ain't. I'm Hoggle."

#62 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

My eyes freak people out simply because they're so dark in artificial light they seem to lack a pupil. In natural light, they lighten considerably and have some red undertones. I don't necessarily have the 1,000 yard stare, but when I'm angry (even if I don't seem angry), I make people really fearful/uncomfortable. The first time my hubby and I had a fight (which is quite rare), he was convinced I was going to hit him or something, even though I was across the room and didn't make any motion towards him whatsoever. That's not particularly "witchy," but I thought I'd share.

I've got the odd mole and birthmark, but the only thing "witchy" is a mole-bump on my chin (all the women in my family have one) and it sprouts the odd hair or two if I don't keep it maintained. :biggrin:

In real life, people just think of me as a crunchy-granola-earth-mother-tree-hugging hippie. :wink:

Edited by Evergreen47, 22 February 2013 - 01:30 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#63 BirdieMcCloud

BirdieMcCloud

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

I've got the odd mole and birthmark, but the only thing "witchy" is a mole-bump on my chin (all the women in my family have one) and it sprouts the odd hair or two if I don't keep it maintained. :biggrin:

That's seen as a sign of good fortune and wisdom in Chinese culture, and some people let them grow long very proudly. ;)

#64 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

My grandmother had a dark brown mole on the left side of her nose and my mother inherited it from her. I don't remember my mother having it when I was a child but when I recently saw her it was there and I made note of it because in the last few months a little hard bump showed up next to my nose in the same place and now it wont go away. Seeing her solved that mystery for me. It seems I will be cursed with the mole too but I may have a few decades before its noticeable to others. It seems to be more of a mark of age in our family than a witchy trait.

#65 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

That's seen as a sign of good fortune and wisdom in Chinese culture, and some people let them grow long very proudly. :wink:

Nothankyouverymuch! It's mortifying enough when I don't realize how long the hair has gotten and my hubby pulls it from my chin. It's usually a white hair, so I guess I should just be happy it's not long and black!

It seems to be more of a mark of age in our family than a witchy trait.

Agreed, WR. :smile: I was just playing into the stereotypes. :biggrin:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#66 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Agreed, WR. :smile: I was just playing into the stereotypes. :biggrin:

:thumbsup: :laugh:

#67 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

I dont look my age!!
(dont f---ing act it either) is that A trait. Ohh i have six fingers. Not. hahaaaaaaaa
sorry dont know whats got into me!! ahhhh i think thats a trait. ok ill stop.

#68 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Does anyone else appear to get bigger when they get really mad?

I've got the 3rd nipple thing goin on.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#69 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Not when I get mad, but under certain 'other' conditions (addressing the bigger issue) ;)

No third nipple.

My eyes are an unusual colour - it's nice though, but has had some doctors in consternation.

#70 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

My eyes change color depending on my mood.  They go from gold to such a deep brown that they're almost black.  That really freaks people out.

#71 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Rose do you mean like "hulk out"? lol

My eyes change color too.  They can be any color of the sea, from grey and almost black to bright blue, green or even teal/aqua. They change depending on my mood and what I'm wearing.  ;)

#72 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

No - not 'hulk out'.  That would imply changing or growing into something other.  Just bigger - it's weird.

I never realized that I do this until I had several different people tell me about it.  It still freaks my husband out after 10 years.  I didn't really realize how serious they were when they told me about it until I watched my daughter do it. 

It's not a physical change - it's more like your presense grows bigger and intensifies.  I don't know how else to try to describe it.

#73 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

It could be the way you project yourself under threat/anger... frightened submissive people tend to "cower" or hunch up into themselves (almost like making one's self a smaller target) and animals when threatened often hackle their fur, fluff out their feathers, or puff up in general in an attempt to appear larger and more threatening and ward off an attack. It's quite common in nature, so I don't see why standing straighter, shoulders back, head high, muscles at-the-ready (which would all project one's presence as bigger) would not be an automatic response from an angry or threatened person. People with confidence tend to "hold their head high" and people with arrogance tend to walk with a swagger, and submissive people tend to walk with their head down, shoulders hunched forward. And all of those things can project a different size and strength impression to the observer. So makes sense....

M

#74 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Oh good.  I'm glad it makes sense.

#75 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Nothing identifiable about me.  Like someone else mentioned I do look a lot younger than I am.  I'm a pretty easy going person but I have heard people say, "I'd hate to piss her off!"

I have, on two occasions, had people that asked me if I was a witch.  One was my 5 year old niece and another was a woman who suffered brain damage. Not sure what they meant by that.  My nose is pretty normal, along with my skin color and I don't dress any differently than anyone else and I don't cackle, as far as I know, so  I don't know why those two asked me something like that.  Out of the mouth of babes and brain damaged people...they know things!

#76 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

I am too tired to read through the thread tonight, so I am bumping it so I can finish reading it in the morning :D

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#77 Enodia

Enodia

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

Twice while being introduced to a new person I have been told: "You're a witch, aren't you?" Both times this was in a work context and before I had really admitted to myself what I was, I just sluffed it off saying that I had been called worse. I don't know why they said that to me, I gave them no cause, only extended my hand for a handshake.

I do have long fingers.

Oh yeah and the eyes. Once while working on an engineering project I found myself giving one fellow who didn't like taking orders from a woman "The Stare" when another man whom I had worked with before said, "Uh oh! If she tells you to go to hell you better start walking!"

Edited by Enodia, 04 May 2014 - 07:23 AM.

"it is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

#78 LynnBay

LynnBay

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

When I was a girl I was taunted for my "black eyes". I would try to explain they were dark brown, but a popular girl at school insisted they were coal black. I definitely got the whispers and stares about that. 

Yes piano fingers as well. It's funny, I actually never realized these were possible physical "Witch traits"  :vhappywitch:

~Lynn by the Bay 

A Witch's Work is Never Done. 

#79 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

In my ethic heritage there is a thing called Veil Babies... infants born with membrane covering their faces. This was (and still is considered ) a mark of a witch according to my family.  From what i've told, being born this way  is a fairly a rare occurrence.

The Veil (between the dead and the living) was also talked about much. Babies born with the Veil at birth were instantly revered as being able to walk both worlds. Or so, I've been told from my female kin. News of a Veil Baby spread quickly... even though it was all hush-hush. I've heard my older woman folk whisper.. she's a veil baby... 

Also, webbed toes and fingers (however so slight and barely noticeable) are considered a witch trait in some cultures.  

Strange how physical traits -- not actual power -- still remain part of witch mythology (for lack of a better word)

Yay to those who hide in plain sight. What an advantage that is. 

Edited by Nikki, 04 May 2014 - 06:56 PM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#80 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Poking not recommended

• Moderators
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

NIkki!!!! We have this too, the white veil is what we call it! It's a membrane that covers the face or crown of the baby, and has to be taken off quickly or they could suffocate.

RSKHFMY