Raw Carob Power Bars

Wyrd

Raw Carob Power Bars:

My wife calls these “Kalva” after my name and halva, which she thinks they are reminiscent of.

Raw Carob Power Bars have replaced many meals for me and are a great alternative to my Gogi Power Bars. They leave you feeling satisfied and feeling like you do not need any food or “treats” and will keep you going on very small portions.

I work all day long some days at the spa having had an all fruit smoothie for breakfast and a few chunks of these RCPBs and that is all.

I never feel starved or weak or like I really want other food. I lost an inch off my waist in a week doing this.

They are made as follows:

I make, in my Champion Juicer, raw cashew, pecan and sesame butter. To get this process going I add a bit of light olive oil that has been cold pressed (like Bertolli).

I usually start with about three cups of this raw nut butter.

To this I add 2 cups of raw carob powder and I mix it in well. You can add more oil (which will later separate…you could add coconut oil, which seems like a great addition, but would probably also separate) to get the carob mixed in or you can just mix it as well as you can and then leave it sitting out and the oil from the nut butter will saturate the carob (it turns dark brown).

Once the carob is saturated with the oils, you can mix in the seeds:

¾ cup each of: sesame, sunflower, pumpkin seeds

1 cup: flax seed

½ cup: raw cacao nibs (optional)

Once fully mixed, you can press into a pan and cut into squares as desired.

The finished product is very filling and will keep even young children going all day without asking for food.

I recommend using them as a replacement for lunch and an afternoon snack after having a raw fruit breakfast. You may have a small, healthy dinner (no pasta, bread or dairy) if you desire it. This is a great part of restoring inflammatory balance in the body and of helping reduce waist and pounds. It is so nutritive that the weak and wasting person will receive a new vitality.

:)

Hi Wyrd,

May I have your permission to print this out, it would be beneficial, for me as I've been tweeking my own personal cleanse, not to be so brutal. Does the pan need to be sprayed ? What size pan would you recommend? Glass or Tin ? Once all is mixed thoroughly, do you let it sit for a time, before cutting into the squares ? Can this be frozen in the squares, and thawed when needed ? Does this stay in the refridgerator ?

Sorry for all the questions, you know I like to cook ! lol !

Thank you !

Regards,

Gypsy

Hi Wyrd,

May I have your permission to print this out, it would be beneficial, for me as I've been tweeking my own personal cleanse, not to be so brutal. Does the pan need to be sprayed ? What size pan would you recommend? Glass or Tin ? Once all is mixed thoroughly, do you let it sit for a time, before cutting into the squares ? Can this be frozen in the squares, and thawed when needed ? Does this stay in the refridgerator ?

Sorry for all the questions, you know I like to cook ! lol !

Thank you !

Regards,

Gypsy

Hi Gypsy,

I have both recipes in pdf if you would like, and you can print from that or this site.

The pan doesn't need to be sprayed, and they would probably taste awful, or a least very greasy.

A six, nine or twelve inch pan would work, depending on how thick you want them.

Glass is preferable so long as it's freezer safe.

Letting it sit for a while can be very dangerous to ones sanity, I challenge you to try it, lol. but if you manage to do it, the flavor will develop nicely.

It can be frozen and will last three to four months like that, just be sure to wrap them well as they will weld themselves together.

Refrigeration is a must, since the natural oils will go rancid, but I will wager that they will not last long enough on this earth to ever reach rancidity, lol.

CG pm me if you would like the recipe for an excellent herbal cleanse

:)