Photo

traditional witchcraft? or just doing things as you see fit?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I like what you said about Wiccan' using a benevolent deity to do their business for them... Question? When a Trad Witch goes about their business, do they believe that there is any type of God so to speak or universal force guiding them, or giving them power? I do understand that you are all different I don't mean to pinpoint, I just want to get a general idea.

Kera

Everyone will give you a different answer, lol. Here's mine, which is probably unusual for this forum: I, personally, do believe in divinity and work very strongly with that relationship to divinity in the spiritual understanding of my craft. It relates to my whole concept of the hedge and beyond, and to my whole concept of life. In fact, a belief in divinity has been (what one person I know calls the ) "strange attractant" that always kept me working within the craft and seeking out more than spell-craft. Although I don't necessarily agree with everything he has said, I am reminded of the phrase by Cochrane wherein he states that "magic is a byproduct of the craft" and for me that is extremely true. I do magic, but I could walk my same path without ever doing magic if I decided to. At this point, I don't know that I could separate in my mind my "religion" from my craft. But again, I am probably the odd man out on that one as this is not a religious forum :-) (And no, I don't do a Lord and a Lady, both of which are actually titles and not divinity names. I know the name of my divinity, lol.)

M

#62 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

I think that is what I was trying to say, but you always have a much more intelligent way of saying things. I just read one of your awesome posts from long ago under the guest thinking of joining category, wow, real heavy stuff. You are so interesting and patient. I would love to ask you to be my Guru, but I'm sure that's frowned upon, Lol. I love reading all your posts.

Sincerely,
Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#63 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

I think that is what I was trying to say, but you always have a much more intelligent way of saying things. I just read one of your awesome posts from long ago under the guest thinking of joining category, wow, real heavy stuff. You are so interesting and patient. I would love to ask you to be my Guru, but I'm sure that's frowned upon, Lol. I love reading all your posts.

Sincerely,
Kera

I am no expert, believe me. Some of what I have written in the past makes me cringe, lol lol. But when I look at my posts throughout the years, it shows the meandering of my path through all the differing traditions I looked into. There are many things I have done that I would not do again, and many ways I have practiced that in the end weren't for me. But each had it's own lessons, and thereby, each was important to where I find myself now :-) If you're really, really serious, keep looking and searching and investigating. Throw nothing out the window without knowing what it doesn't offer you. Know what you ultimately want, and then you'll know what to look for...

M

Edited by Michele, 09 February 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#64 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

I am no expert, believe me. Some of what I have written in the past makes me cringe, lol lol. But when I look at my posts throughout the years, it shows the meandering of my path through all the differing traditions I looked into. There are many things I have done that I would not do again, and many ways I have practiced that in the end weren't for me. But each had it's own lessons, and thereby, each was important to where I find myself now :-) If you're really, really serious, keep looking and searching and investigating. Throw nothing out the window without knowing what it doesn't offer you. Know what you ultimately want, and then you'll know what to look for...

M

I will M... I'm waiting on some books from Amazon just to get my feet wet. My plan so far is to try things out and simultaneously bounce things off this site. I feel like a child, I'm so impressionable right now, but I do know that this is the website I want to work with, I really like what all of you have to say. I have always lived my life on intuition. I may have been burned only a few times, but I always trust my gut(aka voices), and so far I think I've turned out pretty well.

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#65 Arabella

Arabella

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

In my opinion, the witchcraft is a natural path. In general, I think that the all witches are in balance with the earth... so It´s necesary that you know nature rhythms, the moon phases, magic herbs etc... But the nature rhythms are good and bad, the nature rhythms are life and death... The Earth is natural.
If you follow the witchcraft for you grow spiritually and you respect the people, animals... the witchcraft isn´t bad. All depend of your moral and as you use the magic.

I don´t know tradicional witchcraft because in Spain there aren´t books.

See soon

#66 Lesleysc

Lesleysc

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Im just trying to find my way around in the dark right now. But I have a candle, Just gotta light it and find my own way.

Hi

Finding your way in the dark, with a candle is like seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't just look at the light and think "mmm, I'll get there soon" Blow out your candle, hitch up your cloak and run for it. You never know what is waiting in the light, leave your doubts behind, its baggage you don't need when opening your mind.

#67 foxman

foxman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

One of the most wonderful and powerful times to work magic is at the total Eclipse of the Sun or Moon or both. These events don't understandably happen often, any more than the Grand Conjunction when all nine planets line up (which passed a few years ago now), if you are lucky enough to prepare for one, work yourself up to it. I work with the Dark of the Moon quite easily and I prefer to go Widdershins than Deosil. Someone asked on here Do we have a Witch's Mark. Well for me that is true, since at my initiation at the age of fifteen I had my right-hand Saturnine finger cut (on the inside) and on the third digit of that finger. All of these numbers have a significance for me and my rite of becoming. I am now seventy-two and have had a full life and intend to have even more years with my Goddess and Horned God. I have an especial rapport with the Dark Goddess - who is sometimes called Riannon and many other names. Do we hex? Of course we do - well our clan does, but death-wishes are not really our forte. We prefer to curse people with Life - which gives them (hopefully) a long time to get their act together! Still, there is much to learn and, you should know by now, Dracula's Child, that its a life-long pursuit. No one stops learning - ever! You can never know everything as a witch but you will learn everything you can if you are truly dedicated. Preperation before Anhilation is better since you may be able to cancel the other one out! FFFF foxman

#68 foxman

foxman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

Arabella, Cordoba in Spain has long been a centre of witchcraft, though perhaps they might prefer to call themselves Celts since that is where that branch of the craft came from. Its not easy finding books on such subject because at one time it was a catholic country. However, I have been there several times and find it a very beautiful place. My favourite place is Murcia, though I've been to a Theme Park near Alicante which was absolutely superb! foxman

#69 candleflame

candleflame

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:41 AM

I look at tradional witchcraft going way back to when we were hunters and gathers using little bit of hair,fire,fur,to help them to hunt better. Witchcraft and The burnings or witches hammer came much,much later So then after a while all the bells and whistles came into witchcraft,but it always had a basic item in it fire,hair,dirt,parchment,or whatever.
I never read a Aleister Crowley or Gerald Gardner book to me they were just dirty old men I read .everytime I go near a Crowley book I get a bad vibe.
I don't know where I am going,I just roll along not tied to anything. I don't know much about spirits or gods and if I did would it make my spells any better maybe not. As I believe using your thought power will do half the magic for ya like the hunters and gathers I guess. I like the very old ,old ways of sympothetic magic or caveman style that where ya magic starts from

#70 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

As I believe using your thought power will do half the magic for ya like the hunters and gathers I guess. I like the very old ,old ways of sympothetic magic or caveman style that where ya magic starts from

When you dig deep enough into different religions and paradigms - the core of it is pretty much the same across the board. WhiteRaven speaks beautifully on the topic. I believe she did recently although I don't remember which thread it was in.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.