familiar places

LadyHawk

Has anyone ever gone to a place....town, village etc, that they have never seen only to feel that its so familiar?

I was born in Scotland, both parents are Scottish, but when I went to the west country in England (Devon area) for the first time it was like coming home.

It wasn't just that I loved the whole area, lots of it seemed very familiar! I was talking to my dad about it the other day, and he told me that I had ben conceived in Illfracome, a coastal town in Devon!

It seems my parents spent their honeymoon there! I don't really have contact with my mum, and the subject has just never come up before with dad.

It all makes sense to me now, but its made me even keener to go there....and its a long way from here :(

LadyHawk x

Guest 53rdspirit

That's a great story, LadyHawk.

I have never had an experience as grand as that, just been to a couple locations in my life that felt completely familiar, peaceful/happy and where I just want to stand up, spread open my arms and take it in.

I knew of no familial or past linkage to these areas; however.

I have had an experiance like that, but in north Wales, I went to Snowdonia for a day out years ago and it was like i had lived there all my life, now i cant stay away from the place. Its like i belong there

Thats how I feel too....I try and go down on holiday as often as I can but its not as often as I would like. Kinda makes you wonder what it would feel like to be there all the time...would you pick up more, sense more.

LadyHawk x

I only live in Liverpool, so its not that far to North Wales, but every time i go there this sence of belonging feels stronger. I will end up moving there

I would love to move to the west country but my dad lives up here and my children and grandchildre are here so I feel pulled in two directions! So at the moment holidays are a compromise.

LadyHawk x

Hi LadyHawk,

I've had similar experiences at a few locations but nothing as strong as yours. I wonder is its something to do with past lives.... not that I'm that sure I believe in them, or maybe an ancestral genetic memory?

Hi Bekh,

Nice to know there's another scouser close by, well I'm a wooly back but the family are all from the 'pool'. Live in Runcorn at the moment but I also spend a lot of time camping in Snowdonia and Wales in general.

RC

I've dreamt of a place for years. I haven't encountered it yet, but then again I haven't travelled too much yet either.

I'm totally prepared to find this place when I DO travel, and when I do find it, I'm moving there. :D

Do you think this place exists KW? I dreamt a couple of times about this small town/village that I was in with my kids, and it was vivid and so real.

But its not anywhere I've been and I've often wonderd whether its real or just an invention of my brain.

It would be amazing if you found it :)

Ladyhawk x

Yes, not only places but I meet people that I'm sure I've met before. But mostly places. I have also had conversations that I know exactly what everyone is going to say, just as if I'd experienced that situation or event before.

StarChilde

Has anyone ever gone to a place....town, village etc, that they have never seen only to feel that its so familiar?

I was born in Scotland, both parents are Scottish, but when I went to the west country in England (Devon area) for the first time it was like coming home.

It wasn't just that I loved the whole area, lots of it seemed very familiar! I was talking to my dad about it the other day, and he told me that I had ben conceived in Illfracome, a coastal town in Devon!

It seems my parents spent their honeymoon there! I don't really have contact with my mum, and the subject has just never come up before with dad.

It all makes sense to me now, but its made me even keener to go there....and its a long way from here :(

LadyHawk x

Hi LadyHawk...yes I have had this experience before and it always places a smile on my face when it does happen. The first time I had gone to Key West, Florida...I felt that I had been there before...especially in a few certain buildings. I feel comfortable realizing this was a past life experience.

Have you thought about having one done for you?

It has crossed my mind but finding someone competent to do it up here, would possibly be a problem.

Ive experienced knowing what people are going to say before they say it, too.

LadyHawk x

Yeah I woulsd definitely get a past life reading completed. It might take some time to find the right person for this...try checking around some magickal shops in your area and see if they can recomment anyone particular :) Good luck :)

Thanks for that :)

The difficulty is with where I live...I'm in the north east of Scotland and I've been looking for any people..... like minded, pagan...anything!! I've even put an add in the papers, but no-one has ever replied.

There are no shops like that at all here :(

But, I will have a search on-line and maybe I'll get lucky this time :)

I'm really glad I was told about this site, you are all very helpful, thanks x

LadyHawk x

Well LadyHawk,

If things go to plan we may well be living on Sky, if not somewhere around Invergordon near Inverness...... so you never know, you may know people who are into the same stuff as you close to home:D

Funny thing is that When we visited Invergordon a lot of the roads and small villages near Lock Ness were very familiar. I instantly felt comfortable and at home. I have got ancesteral roots to the area as well.

RC

Wow....:) I love Skye, I know it really well and I used to live on the shores of Loch Ness. I would love to live on Skye, its one of my favourite places and so atmospheric.

Invergordon is ok, of course it was very busy at the height of the oil boom here and there are still rigs coming in and out. They have a lot of cruise liners coming in there now, so in the summer very busy.

You can almost be guaranteed a sighting of red kites on the way to Invergordon, and there are lots of buzzards and sparrowhawks.

It would be amazing to have people likeminded within travelling distance :)

Ladyhawk x

Well you never know LadyHawk. I'm waiting on a few legal issues to be resolved, it may take another couple of years, but hopefully we'll be living up your neck of the wood sooner rather than later.

RC:D

Well the way house prices are going up here you might need a lottery win RC...lol.

My mothers family are all from Foyers and Whitebridge, and mostly all buried at Boleskine where I used to live when I was younger.

LadyHawk x

Archived