Fire Picture

Aloe

This picture was taken by a local fire department here when they were burning an old building, thought you all would like it. ;)

116780_2071s.jpg

That is absolutely wicked, Aloe.

Thanks for sharing.

J

You're welcome. A friend of mine who was part of the Fire Department that took it used to have this pic hanging in his house, and a video I was watching reminded me of it.

That's...amazing, Aloe! 8O

Especially if, as M pointed out, it hasn't been Photoshopped.

Looks like a guy riding a unicorn!

That is amazing assuming the pic has not been "photoshopped" lol...

M

As I said, I have personal connections with some of the people in the Fire Department that took this photo, so I can say for myself that its not. lol After the guy that snapped the photo saw how it came out, he had copies printed and stamped with the department seal and they sold them at town fairs. In the link of the pic, you can see the outline of the seal, this is one of the ones bought at those fundraisers.

As I said, I have personal connections with some of the people in the Fire Department that took this photo, so I can say for myself that its not. lol After the guy that snapped the photo saw how it came out, he had copies printed and stamped with the department seal and they sold them at town fairs. In the link of the pic, you can see the outline of the seal, this is one of the ones bought at those fundraisers.

You are right about the seal outline... I thought it was a bicycle tire, lol. In that case, it is a very amazing picture... do you know where it was taken by any chance?

M

You are right about the seal outline... I thought it was a bicycle tire, lol. In that case, it is a very amazing picture... do you know where it was taken by any chance?

M

Nixa, Mo, it was taken by the Nixa Fire Department. I don't know the exact location of the site within the town. I worked in that town at the time. :)

Oh this is amazing Aloe ! I haven't zeroed in on the " seal " shape, as I see a horse and rider ! Thanks so much for sharing this, it's remarkable and so are our Firemen and Women of our country !:thumbsup:

Regards,

Gypsy

Guest Elfyd

For myself I see a Native American on horseback, I also see the possibility of holding at least one weapon, a bow and possibly a spear. Also a possible aspect of this image is one of the First Nation spirit of the land, an emanation of the strength of the peoples.

FFFF

Elf

Oh this is amazing Aloe ! I haven't zeroed in on the " seal " shape, as I see a horse and rider ! Thanks so much for sharing this, it's remarkable and so are our Firemen and Women of our country !:thumbsup:

Regards,

Gypsy

The seal is the circle in the bottom right corner, the pics were embossed with the Department seal when they started selling copies.

For myself I see a Native American on horseback, I also see the possibility of holding at least one weapon, a bow and possibly a spear. Also a possible aspect of this image is one of the First Nation spirit of the land, an emanation of the strength of the peoples.

FFFF

Elf

I see the same thing Elf. The Fire Department said that the area where they burned the building was reputed to be a NA burial area, but I didn't include that because everyone says that about every place around here. Native American skeletons and relics are found all over the place here so there may be something to it, or not.

Nixa, Mo, it was taken by the Nixa Fire Department. I don't know the exact location of the site within the town. I worked in that town at the time. :)

I did a little Google-ing on Nixa, MO and it rests upon seven hills.

This was significant to me; I'm a reader of signs and omens. I did some more research when it resonated within me - I got that little vibration to look into it more.

Apparently the occurance of a city nesting within seven hills has great cultural significance over the centuries. Rome had this phenomena as well as Jerusalem and Babylon.

According to an article on the City of Seven hills (as Jerusalem was known before the birth of Christ), "the ancients looked on (this) as being the centers of divine sovereignty on this earth."

Sounds like it would be an interesting place to go and just get a "feel" for things. No surprise this type of image originates from there. :vhappywitch:

Resources: http://www.askelm.com/prophecy/p000201.htm and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixa,_Missouri

And yet a little more...

(The town they refer to is around 50 miles from it to Nixa, but that is at it's center. The specific locations are unknown to me, but I'd guess them to be close enough for this to be mighty interesting...)

"A spectral horseman has been reported occasionally for many years at a certain point on what is now Highway 13, in Polk county, Missouri, not far from Bolivar. A little knoll about a hundred yards east of the highway is called Dead Man's Hill, and there is an old story about a horse thief who was shot to death here and buried on top of the knoll. A crude headstone may still be seen, but there is no inscription, since the man was a stranger. Flowers were found on this grave at intervals for many years, so it was believed that the thief's identity was known to somebody who lived nearby, but who did not reveal the secret. Men who have seen the ghostly rider have remarked

particularly his neat homespun garments, dyed brown with butternut juice, his cowhide boots, and the two big Colt re-volvers swinging at his side."

Resource: http://www.archive.org/stream/ozarksuperstitio032343mbp/ozarksuperstitio032343mbp_djvu.txt

I live about 4 hours from here (near St. Louis), but have to go this direction possibly this fall. Might be an interesting stop-over.

And yet a little more...

(The town they refer to is around 50 miles from it to Nixa, but that is at it's center. The specific locations are unknown to me, but I'd guess them to be close enough for this to be mighty interesting...)

"A spectral horseman has been reported occasionally for many years at a certain point on what is now Highway 13, in Polk county, Missouri, not far from Bolivar. A little knoll about a hundred yards east of the highway is called Dead Man's Hill, and there is an old story about a horse thief who was shot to death here and buried on top of the knoll. A crude headstone may still be seen, but there is no inscription, since the man was a stranger. Flowers were found on this grave at intervals for many years, so it was believed that the thief's identity was known to somebody who lived nearby, but who did not reveal the secret. Men who have seen the ghostly rider have remarked

particularly his neat homespun garments, dyed brown with butternut juice, his cowhide boots, and the two big Colt re-volvers swinging at his side."

Resource: http://www.archive.o...343mbp_djvu.txt

I live about 4 hours from here (near St. Louis), but have to go this direction possibly this fall. Might be an interesting stop-over.

I hadn't heard that one, but there are lots of stories like that in this area. The Ghost Light, Virgin Bluff, etc. Much as I love getting away, this area I was born in is special to me.

Archived