• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Wytchywoman

Wytchywoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

I tried scrying with a mirror in the dark once. It freaked me out so bad I have no intention of ever trying that again.

Really?? I find mirror scrying in the dark to be most tranquil. But then again I am admittedly a freak.

Smile! It makes people wonder what you're up to..

#22 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

Really?? I find mirror scrying in the dark to be most tranquil. But then again I am admittedly a freak.

Years ago when I was first starting to really practice divination and scrying I attempted a mirror in a dark room. I had one white candle lit and set a relative distance off to the left just so a splash of illumination fell across my gave and the mirror. I was attempting to see into the past. And I was ok doing this until my own superimposed reflection began to change into some one I did not recognize.

And at that point all the stories of bloody Mary, etc... Flooded back and I kinda freaked. I turned mirror face down, blew out the candles , turned on the lights, and started blaring music lol.

Now that I am about 12 years older mirror scrying in the dark is not scary. And sometimes I use it for spirit communication.

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#23 Wytchywoman

Wytchywoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:38 AM

Years ago when I was first starting to really practice divination and scrying I attempted a mirror in a dark room. I had one white candle lit and set a relative distance off to the left just so a splash of illumination fell across my gave and the mirror. I was attempting to see into the past. And I was ok doing this until my own superimposed reflection began to change into some one I did not recognize.

And at that point all the stories of bloody Mary, etc... Flooded back and I kinda freaked. I turned mirror face down, blew out the candles , turned on the lights, and started blaring music lol.

I did that a few times, and I have to admit it did get creepy seeing a superimposed unidentifiable image staring back at me.

#24 Apryl

Apryl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Ok, so this thread is old but I've gotta say yikes! Ugh! And aaahhhh!!
The Bloody Mary legend scared the bahjeesus out of me as a kid! (Yes, that's the technical term). I lost many hours sleep as a girl out on campouts or sleepovers! Then it's come after me in my adult life by being addressed in a couple of movies too! Ok, I'm kidding about it coming after me but I'm not kidding about the fear following me. It still creeps me the hell out! My kids think I'm a wuss. That's fine. I'm still the only one that can catch a spider, snake, moth or mouse and take them out when everybody's screaming...including my husband. So right back attcha, Bloody Mary!

#25 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

Lol,it funny isn't it,the things that stick with you or should i say hide in the mind.Don't give up,old girl ,lol.

#26 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

There seems to be some new version going around, Little Miss came home from school today and said one of the 'big girls' (a 7 year old LOL) told her that if you go in the bathroom and turn the lights off and look in the mirror and say "fire mirror" three times you'll get a surprise. She wanted to know if I'd do it with her so of course I'm never one to discourage and we went and did it right away. :) She was so disappointed when nothing happened, she expected the surprise to be kittens popping out of the mirror. lol
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#27 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Lol,that's too cute, I so miss those times.Im getting things ready for 2nov,prezzies and stuff for the grankids.shall picnic at the cemetery .

#28 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

I have heard of this but never tried it. The other slumber-party ghost-story I seem to remember is that one where someone lays down and people put one finger under them and say something alone the lines as something, seomthing, something, light as a feather then all pick up the person, but I ave never tried that out, either so I can't really say if it works.

M

It's stiff as a board, light as a feather. If done properly, it can actually work.

...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998

#29 Wytchywoman

Wytchywoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

There seems to be some new version going around, Little Miss came home from school today and said one of the 'big girls' (a 7 year old LOL) told her that if you go in the bathroom and turn the lights off and look in the mirror and say "fire mirror" three times you'll get a surprise. She wanted to know if I'd do it with her so of course I'm never one to discourage and we went and did it right away. Posted Image She was so disappointed when nothing happened, she expected the surprise to be kittens popping out of the mirror. lol

That's a cute story!! Glad she got the tame version of it. When I was her age, just to be mean, my aunt that was 13 at the time, decided to explain the most terrifying, menacing version of the story, probably even adding her own brand of dementia just to try to enjoy scaring the crap out of me. lol

#30 Loreali

Loreali

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Freki that video was hilarious! I've never tried the bloody mary thing because it involved possibly invoking a spirit as a joke, and I was always afraid of what the consequences might be.

#31 Sarafina

Sarafina

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

I have done "bloody Mary", there were two different stories of it. One Mary was on her way to her wedding when she was in a car accident and died, covered all in blood in her white dress. The other one is Mary is a girl in a white dress who was hit by a car.

I did this in the mirror at a sleep over and nothing happened, but at the sleep over we also "called on the devil" to show his self. we were in my friends living room with candles lit and all of a sudden we seen a shadow of a head with horns and then all the candles blew out at once. Yeah we were scared as hell. No wind, nothing. We were sitting around a coffee table on our knees and I was at the back end facing the wall where the shadow appeared. Now I never did believe in a "devil", and being older and researching, I can say the shadow was shaped like that of the Horned God.

A short time after that sleep over, i did the "bloody Mary again, only this time I was at my cousin's place and they lived in these apartment buildings that had a basement and in the basement there was a door that led to a hall way that connected all the apartment for another way out. We were in that part, my 2 cousins, myself, and about 3 other kids. I said her name 3 times and I shit you not a girl appeared wearing a white dress covered in blood. we ran out of there screams and I was yelling this saying to a female saint that makes her go away. I can not remember the say now to save my life.

As for the Light as a feather, stiff as a board one, yep I did that one too, actually I was the one laying flat and my sister and her friends did the fingers under me, we all had to say that same thing and concentrate on it. It worked as well. I did not get up that high, thank goodness as they gasped and broke concentration and I fell on the hardwood floor.

#32 Orin

Orin

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

I tried this with my best friend when we were around 10. We did the whole stand infront of the mirror thing, say bloody mary three times but we didn't do the spinney part. Nothing happened.

At the time we were relieved... I wonder if it didn't work cause we didn't spin around? I've never heard that version lol

walkingspider.gif

#33 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have done "bloody Mary", there were two different stories of it. One Mary was on her way to her wedding when she was in a car accident and died, covered all in blood in her white dress. The other one is Mary is a girl in a white dress who was hit by a car.

I did this in the mirror at a sleep over and nothing happened, but at the sleep over we also "called on the devil" to show his self. we were in my friends living room with candles lit and all of a sudden we seen a shadow of a head with horns and then all the candles blew out at once. Yeah we were scared as hell. No wind, nothing. We were sitting around a coffee table on our knees and I was at the back end facing the wall where the shadow appeared. Now I never did believe in a "devil", and being older and researching, I can say the shadow was shaped like that of the Horned God.

A short time after that sleep over, i did the "bloody Mary again, only this time I was at my cousin's place and they lived in these apartment buildings that had a basement and in the basement there was a door that led to a hall way that connected all the apartment for another way out. We were in that part, my 2 cousins, myself, and about 3 other kids. I said her name 3 times and I shit you not a girl appeared wearing a white dress covered in blood. we ran out of there screams and I was yelling this saying to a female saint that makes her go away. I can not remember the say now to save my life.

As for the Light as a feather, stiff as a board one, yep I did that one too, actually I was the one laying flat and my sister and her friends did the fingers under me, we all had to say that same thing and concentrate on it. It worked as well. I did not get up that high, thank goodness as they gasped and broke concentration and I fell on the hardwood floor.

For realzies?

Edited by Davenport, 24 November 2013 - 01:30 AM.

#34 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Lol

#35 OpheliaRose

OpheliaRose

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

I feel silly that I am a 27 year old woman who still cannot bring herself to do the whole bloody mary thing lol. Mirrors in the dark freak me out which is why I have never tried scrying with one. I've always had a standing mirror of some kind in my bedroom. I just avoid looking into it at night lol.

#36 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

I always wussed out after the 2nd 'Bloody Mary' but my daughter did it in the bathroom about 5 years ago.  I don't know what she summoned in the mirror - it wasn't a bloody woman - but it had to go.  The portal was closed, the mirror cleansed and then it left the house.  That turned into a big lesson on not summoning things by yourself - at least not at 12 - and I got a nice medicine cabinet out of it.  LOL

Light as a feather, stiff as a board has always worked for me.  We would lift people up as high as our arms could reach.  It's a long way down there if the concentration breaks because everyone's going 'holy shit - it worked!'  LOL

Whenever we did Light as a feather we would always give a death date before the birthdate - so we wouldn't 'jinx' whoever was being lifted.

There was another lifting one that my neighbor taught us when we were little.  I have no idea what it's called.  All the neighborhood kids did it and I've done it ever since when there's enough people that want to try it.

You need 5 people.  One sits in a chair and there's a person at both arms and knees.  You put your hands together with the pointer fingers sticking straight out.  Under each armpit and each knee and you try to lift the person.  Then you go in a circle and layer your hands over their head.  As close as you can get without actually touching.  If you touch - it someone screws up the energy flow and you have to start over.  So, you go around twice layering hands and then you go around twice again lifting them away.  Then you place your hands back under the arms and knees and you can lift the person straight up out of the chair.  It's really freakin cool.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#37 Chloe

Chloe

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

I've never tried "bloody marry" because I've always just been too afraid to. I remember my cousins taking about it and I can't remember the backstory but I'm pretty sure there was a hatchet involved. There was no quick cutting of the throats or anything like that, pretty much she would just chop you up into pieces. So I wasn't really interested in messing around with something like that. Obviously I now know that that's not likely to happen but I still don't really feel comfortable trying to "call up" or mess with something I don't really know anything about. If she really exist at all...

I guess a fear of mirrors in the dark is pretty common. Usually it doesn't bother me but sometimes I'll just get this feeling that something's watching me and it bugs me out.

#38 OpheliaRose

OpheliaRose

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

I can't remember the backstory to "my" bloody mary, but besides saying her name 3 times there was another chant you could say "Bloody Mary I took your baby" or something of that nature. I refused to say either one because I had enough negative entities floating around and absolutely did (and do!) not want to entertain the idea of inviting one more.

#39 star

star

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:25 PM

Lol reading through these posts, remembering when I was a teenager when me and a few mates tried it after a few drinks, nothing happened. But years ago I did see my face turn into the face of an old hag and my red hair change to black, I screamed the place down, lights on, candles out and mirror cleansed. Never again!
Star x