• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:14 AM

Some music trancing brings me close to the hedge, especially certain scales, chords, and progressions.  I'm a musician so I know the intense connection that music has as a voice of spirit or as a channel.  So I'll share some more with you guys by one of the bands I mentioned earlier.  While most of their material is fast, blast beat and tremolo black metal in Eastern scales, the particular ones I've embedded are instrumental and take a more traditional sound.  Their subject matter typically includes general Mesopotamian lore including witchcraft and Cabalistic/Qliphotic themes as well as Sumerian, Babylonian, and Assyrian mythology.  During the 1990's they chose to flee Palestine due to the religious tumults in the region and pressure from both Judaic and Islamic populations and currently reside in Amsterdam.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#62 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Binural beats for trance induction, IMO.  I don't know if this has yet been suggested.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#63 Phaedra

Phaedra

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

Cool thread, good find; bumping it right back out of the netherworld because I was thinking of music and the craft a lot the other day. When it comes to trancing out and getting into desired states, certain rhythms and beats found in music can get me there. While I don't strictly require it, I've found that hooking onto a pattern that flows like a heartbeat helps to quicken me into the ecstatic state that I prefer, whether I'm doing a work or not. Sitting, swaying, rocking to the pulse...I lose myself in the Other easily like this, and it saves me a lot of cash as an alternative to flying ointments.

When it comes to working the work, I absolutely love mining song lyrics for use in spells. Last month I utilized A Perfect Circle's 'Vanishing' in the making of a hotfoot, and I'm currently turning around the lyrics of 'Weak and Powerless' by the same band for a nasty bit of shade I'll be throwing at the same recipient in the near future. I like writing my own spells if they are to involve words at all, but I glean a weird amount of fun out of turning popular lyrics around for my personal gain. The fun factor contributes to the overall energy of the work in my way about it, so I count it as a valuable resource.

#64 Jewels

Jewels

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:04 PM

I work well to the sound of native drums.

#65 Hunter

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:29 AM

Depends on what I'm doing. If I require absolute concentration then no. If I'm raising emotional energy for a spell, then yes. I find it a bit too distracting for other workings.
Nature is complicated. There are no "rules" & it's only when we understand that that we can truly grow to appreciate it.