Surprising yourself

RavenFlyer

I just surprised myself! I can still do a cartwheel and a front hand spring. It felt so good to do it again!

But like everything those are the only things I can remember how to do since I stopped working on it. But I am still amazed and happy about it!

I just surprised myself! I can still do a cartwheel and a front hand spring. It felt so good to do it again!

But like everything those are the only things I can remember how to do since I stopped working on it. But I am still amazed and happy about it!

Nice! I could never do any of those acrobatic things properly, too klutzy. lol

That's fantastic Raven.. I know well that feeling of exhiliration.. I love doing hand stands and head stands, and even some Russian dancing now and then lol keeps me young and feeling alive..

Guest Magdalena

My surprise only two days ago, was, I cannot hoola hoop. I was soooo good at it when I was younger, now I have bought a hoola hoop but alas, after three days I find I am crap at it. :(

Being a dancer for quite a few years of my life, I hang my head in shame. lol,

Oh don't hang your head in shame. I won a hoola hopping contest at field day one year doing two hoola hoops at one time. But I can't do it now for the life of me.

I surprised myself today by attempting to (digitally) draw a semi photorealistic map from scratch and it didn't turn out like a complete mess!

I used to do dance and gymnastics but could never do cartwheels! Probably because I have the grace and agility of an epileptic sheep :laugh:

Guest Magdalena

Oh don't hang your head in shame. I won a hoola hopping contest at field day one year doing two hoola hoops at one time. But I can't do it now for the life of me.

I think I'm out balanced to what I used to be RF. lol.

I was asked to leave gymnastics class because I was so clumsy they were afraid I would hurt myself. My feet can be found firmly planted on the ground most days.

Guest Magdalena

My breasts are my problem, they get in the way of everything, damn things are just not in balance with the rest of my body.

My breasts are my problem, they get in the way of everything, damn things are just not in balance with the rest of my body.

I hear ya, Sweetie. (Says Jevne, as she props the "Twins" up on the table in front of her.)

Yep, I'm still able to do a cartwheel. Didn't do so well last time I tried a forward handspring though. I did surprise the hell out of my kids not too long ago after watching Bruce Lee's "Enter the Dragon" that I could still spring up to my feet from a laying down/prone position (granted, not as gracefull as the Dragon himself).

Guest Magdalena

I hear ya, Sweetie. (Says Jevne, as she props the "Twins" up on the table in front of her.)

Lol! :teehee:

Let me just say I feel like someone hss beaten me wirgca crowbar. My muscles are incredibly sore today.

Let me just say I feel like someone hss beaten me wirgca crowbar. My muscles are incredibly sore today.

Not surprised, using muscles you don't normally use.

I took gymnastics classes when I was about 5, discovered it wasn't for me. The only thing I do now is sit-ups - one on a morning when I get up lol

I took up running last year to help loose weight and get fitter - I did a 5k cross country circuit round the village where I live using the micoach app (it's pretty good tbf). All was going well till I pulled a tendon in my knee and ended up with a walking stick for a while. Might just walk it instead as it got me out with nature. I've resigned to myself that I'm not built to be an athlete..

Guest Elfyd

I was told as a child that I had no athletic ability and I should not waste the teachers time. I played and coached football (soccer to you Yanks) until I was 57, playing indoor (5 a side for the non-Yanks) in an Under-25 co-ed league until that time. So, try and do what you want to, can achieve, until you wish to, regardless of other influences. I had a major life-changing experience at 57 and gave up the footy and bike riding, yesterday I got the bike out for the first time since then and took her for a spin in the 100F heat and baking sun, did not go far, maybe 5 miles around the lake, but I soon got into the swing of things and now have the biking bug again.

And girls, any further comments you have about breasts will be well received here.

FFFF

Elf

Guest MissTree

And girls, any further comments you have about breasts will be well received here.

FFFF

Elf

Chicken breasts are delicious pan-fried with a bit of butter, salt, and cayenne. :chef:

Guest MissTree

As far as surprising myself, I used to be very athletic when I was younger. Not so much in recent years. However I was delighted, yesterday, to see how far I could walk the trail without having to take a pain pill. About a mile farther than expected. *happy dance*

Chicken breasts are delicious pan-fried with a bit of butter, salt, and cayenne. :chef:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Guest Elfyd

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Chicken breasts are for chickens, I am human so...

FFFF

Elf

Guest MissTree

Chicken breasts are for chickens, I am human so...

FFFF

Elf

.....so go sweet talk your girlfriend (wife?) for a view of the mountains.

:-P

Cayenne? Might have to try that :)

I like to make a marinade of spices and yoghurt (the yoghurt helps infuse the marinade deeper into the meat) and then make a nice curry :chef:

Guest MissTree

Cayenne? Might have to try that :)

I like to make a marinade of spices and yoghurt (the yoghurt helps infuse the marinade deeper into the meat) and then make a nice curry :chef:

That sounds yummy! I'm gonna pick up some yogurt next time I'm at the grocery and give that a try. :-)

That sounds yummy! I'm gonna pick up some yogurt next time I'm at the grocery and give that a try. :-)

Agreed Miss Tree, I love curry..

• 2 weeks later...

I've surprised myself by being able to fast for the last two days. I didn't really plan to do that it just kind of happened... and I feel really good (or I would definitely have eaten immediately lol).

Archived