Stacey

What is your favourite deck?

FYI, I have heard rumors that MRP may reprint the Victorian Romantic deck sometime this year, but it's not confirmed. This deck has been on my wish list too, so fingers crossed that the rumors are true.

I know they did a limited reprint of The Victorian Romantic, but it was in Russian. They may reprint an English version though,sometime in 2012-I think.

Guest Rowan

Right now I'm working with Gaian Tarot, but for reading for other people, I really enjoy using my Radiant Rider, which I've cut all the borders and titles off of, my Universal Waite, and my Morgan Greer.

I really enjoy using my Radiant Rider, which I've cut all the borders and titles off of,

I was planning on doing this, as well. Glad to see I'm not the only one. The company stamp kills me. Did they really have to print it on each card? Blech.

I have recently come to acquire a deck called the Witches' Tarot. I was a little skeptical at first because it has a strong wiccan connection, but the more I used the cards the more connected I feel to them. It's almost like they are speaking to me. My intuitive readings are much stronger with these cards than I have experienced with other decks (including the rider-waite deck). So I will stick my witches' tarot deck and enjoy the connection we share witchbroom.gif

Guest Rowan

I know they did a limited reprint of The Victorian Romantic, but it was in Russian. They may reprint an English version though,sometime in 2012-I think.

Really?! Wow, I did not know this! I got a copy of the 2nd edition of Bohemian Gothic...TBH, it hasn't thrilled me. But I would love a second edition VR!

Really?! Wow, I did not know this! I got a copy of the 2nd edition of Bohemian Gothic...TBH, it hasn't thrilled me. But I would love a second edition VR!

On the AT forum, it was quite a big to do when the deck was released. I decided to pass on the Russian version, even though it is a deck I hope to acquire some day. MRP (Magic Realist Press) are also reprinting their Baroque Bohemian Cats tarot and have already started taking pre-orders in case anyone is interested.

I have recently come to acquire a deck called the Witches' Tarot. I was a little skeptical at first because it has a strong wiccan connection, but the more I used the cards the more connected I feel to them. It's almost like they are speaking to me. My intuitive readings are much stronger with these cards than I have experienced with other decks (including the rider-waite deck). So I will stick my witches' tarot deck and enjoy the connection we share witchbroom.gif

I have recently come to acquire a deck called the Witches' Tarot. I was a little skeptical at first because it has a strong wiccan connection, but the more I used the cards the more connected I feel to them. It's almost like they are speaking to me. My intuitive readings are much stronger with these cards than I have experienced with other decks (including the rider-waite deck). So I will stick my witches' tarot deck and enjoy the connection we share

>witchbroom.gif

my husband bought me this deck, he doesent understand much about my craft, but he is very supportive!! It came with a book, VERY WICCAN, can't connect, don't like the feel of the cards, cheap , but as a collect cards, it's a nice little novelty item..

Please don't get me wrong, if it works for you, it works!!!!

That's the key!

• Upvote 1

On the AT forum, it was quite a big to do when the deck was released. I decided to pass on the Russian version, even though it is a deck I hope to acquire some day. MRP (Magic Realist Press) are also reprinting their Baroque Bohemian Cats tarot and have already started taking pre-orders in case anyone is interested.

Ah yes, the AT forum-total madness when a collectable deck goes up. The Russian print on the VR cards give it an air of mystery-if you don't speak Russian that is, and it has the 2 emporers (sp?). The BOGO-totally a love it or hate it deck. I will order the BBC, just for collecting purposes, as I cannot see doing a serious reading with them. They are lovely though. Keep an eye on ebay-I have seen the veeeeery limited OOP book, go for a good price (got me 2!), as well as all the other decks.

@Brigid - at first I thought the deck was a little hokie. I was actually surprised when I was able to connect with them. I'm glad I tapped into this thread though because I would love to get my hands on some of the vintage decks being discussed! :)

I agree!! As a collecter I truely love them all!!

I like my thoth deck too, though I get more turned lamed out by Crowley-isms in general as the years pass. The paintings, however, are interesting pieces in and of themselves. I have wondered if/where the originals could be viewed, but assume they are in someone's private collection somewhere. Eventually, I'll make my own ;)

:thinking: I started with the Celestial deck & attune to them nicely. Haven't been inclined to try any others, besides, some really lame "beginners deck" (not sure what they are, but have the meanings written right on the card. The Celestial deck had the perfect combination of Tarot, Astrology, directions,symbology, & seasons that just clicked with me.

So I just ordered another deck I have been looking at for a while. Bosch Tarot!!! I love Bosch's paintings and the way they are used on the cards is wonderful. At least in the pictures I saw.

Other decks come my way, but I always read from the same deck, the others just sit and look pretty and my friend always tries to get me to read from new decks, but I just make some excuse, I can't really explain why.

Some people have encouraged me to make my own deck, but each painting I make takes me a pretty long time and I haven't made 78 paintings in the 8 years I have been painting so far, so I imagine 78 cards would consume my entire life. So as it is, I just stick with my old faithful.

I did buy a limited edition deck, with the hope I might be able to sell it someday. I should check the values on it and see if I can make some cash to buy a new book! Then my friend can't pressure me to read from it anymore :pumpkin_rolleyes:

I am missing one of my decks, can any of you find them for me? :(

I have just found my deck. I am hesitant to say it because I don't want to jinx it before I can get my hands on a deck (or two!) but I am absolutely in love.

http://www.etsy.com/...?ref=v1_other_2 That's each card (click on the images to enlarge). The actual deck is $35 + $6 S&H

Edited by Maggie-in-the-Mead

I am missing one of my decks, can any of you find them for me? :(

In a purse, beach bag, or travel bag, that you took them on a weekend trip. In one of the seperate pockets (with a zipper) that you missed when unpacking after you got home. :unsure:

I have just found my deck. I am hesitant to say it because I don't want to jinx it before I can get my hands on a deck (or two!) but I am absolutely in love.

http://www.etsy.com/...?ref=v1_other_2 That's each card (click on the images to enlarge). The actual deck is $35 + $6 S&H

Oh my gosh Maggie, I love " Steam-punk " stuff... lolol ! It's so quirky and tactile.

Regards,

Gypsy

Oh my gosh Maggie, I love " Steam-punk " stuff... lolol ! It's so quirky and tactile.

Regards,

Gypsy

I do, too. I thought I wouldn't like a steampunk Tarot, though. At least not for reading purposes. Apparently I was mistaken.

I use the spiral tarot, I find they really 'speak' to me.

I also have an Arthurian Tarot set, which is quite beautiful. But I just cannot relate to them at all. Its possible that I don't know enough about the Arthurian Legends (which I love). I suspect that even if I really became an expert on these legends, this set sadly still wouldn't be the right one for me.

Elvira

Daughters of the Moon Tarot http://www.astroamerica.com/t-daugh.html

It has a lot of nudity and is the only deck I've ever seen that has two girls for the lovers card, and it's not wishy-washy hand holding, they're fucking. Reality, lol. I don't really use the tarot and this is an untraditional deck so it doesn't follow tarot books, but it's the only one I've ever been able to use with any sort of results. I don't use it often but I've had it for near 20 years so am very familiar with the pics. It's honest and earthy which I like. The book was rather feminist, and I'm not a feminist, so I don't use the book that came with it. I originally bought it as a gift for my sister, but I looked at it and kept it, lol. (I did get her another one, though.)

M

I have several decks but most often reach for the Witch's Tarot at home. I use the Robin's Wood deck at work. I like the Guilded Tarot as well and I have a African deck, a present from my husband, which is small and good for traveling.

Started w/ RW but it never really worked for me, I gave it away. I also have a Santa Fe deck which is beautiful but kind of severe. A friend brought me a deck from France I've used it but... maybe I need to adopt an accent to get it to work for me :pumpkin_rolleyes:

Guest Rowan

Does anyone use the Anna K anymore? It was all the rage a couple of years back. I have both the first and second edition. I hardly use them anymore. Ah, tarot collectors--we're a capricious lot.

How many decks do you all have? I'll go count mine...