Stacey

What is your favourite deck?

Completely understandable.. I am rather close knit myself when it comes to certain parts and pieces of my path..

Aren't we all? :D Rider Waite for me, though, every time.

The Mythic tarot, and recently I recieved the Thoth deck as a gift.. It's exquisite.. But how's it pronounced? is it Thoth to rhyme with Moth? or Thoth to rhyme with growth? Anyone?

Thoth is my favorite deck, I still cannot seem to connect with the Ryder-Waite. As far as pronunciation, I rhyme it with "moth", although I could be mistaken. Now I'm curious....I hope that someone comes along that knows for sure. ;)

Thoth is my favorite deck, I still cannot seem to connect with the Ryder-Waite. As far as pronunciation, I rhyme it with "moth", although I could be mistaken. Now I'm curious....I hope that someone comes along that knows for sure. ;)

Me, too. I returned my RW deck almost immediately - couldn't get into it the way I got into my Thoth deck... I felt unfaithful.

I've always pronounced it "Toth", rhyming with moth... not sure if that was just impulse or I heard it somewhere like that, though.

Me, too. I returned my RW deck almost immediately - couldn't get into it the way I got into my Thoth deck... I felt unfaithful.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who won't use multiple decks, because of a feeling of being unfaithful. I don't even like to pick up new ones in the store. I know I'm strange.

J

• Upvote 1

You can be faithful but still have different purposes and meanings to different decks. Just as you can have multiple children and love them all equally, a circle of friends with different strengths or a set of knives with different edges.

The pull to a particular deck is stronger depending on my own state of working and the issue at hand, just like some friends are better at handling a bloody accident than the one you might discuss relationships with.

Thoth and Moth for me though, I'm vaguely interested in the actual egyptian pronounciation as the egyptian gods names as we know them are from Greek. In original form it's something like dhwty... which looks like it might be welsh or something.

The Mythic Tarot are what I use, when I use Tarot. I've had them a fair few years now and can't imagine using anything else-not sure why, I've looked and liked other sets. I'm just familiar with them I guess like a favorite pair of slippers. We fit each other well. I feel a loyalty to them somehow.

I have'nt picked them up for while, perhaps that was the reminder I needed.

I use the Mythic Tarot! It was the first deck I got, which was given to me. For several years it disappeared and I just got it again! I have kept the deck in sight now, although as of late I haven't used it, yes, I think this thread is a reminder that I need to get back at things again.

I use the Mythic Tarot! It was the first deck I got, which was given to me. For several years it disappeared and I just got it again! I have kept the deck in sight now, although as of late I haven't used it, yes, I think this thread is a reminder that I need to get back at things again.

Ah, thank you fates. This was exactly the segue I was looking for!

Just to answer the question, I enjoy the Goddess Tarot. While I am not particularly linked to the theology, I enjoy the strong womanly presence I feel with these cards. I see them relate to those I regularly read for better than any cards I've ever used. A familiar little face stares up at each family and friend :)

My other question is - why exactly DO our cards hide from us sometimes? I've gone through a few periods of this lately!

I put them where I know I'll remember and they aren't there for me when I go back just to see them. I haven't felt an urge to do a reading lately, nor have I been asked, but I do like to know where they are and occasionally consult them to keep them "warm."

Anyone have any theories on this?

I use Crow's Magic Tarot and the Deviant Moon Tarot, though I have collected many cards over the years.

As to why they hide, I'm not sure. My Deviant Moon deck only recently returned to me after using it thoroughly for a time. I think because I had used it so much that it decided it wanted it's own little vacation. That may not be the way things are in other cases.

That's basically what I think.

-Jet

So many decks - so little time!

For Tarot, I love my Gummy Bears. They are surprisingly traditional, based on Rider but so adorable! They are also a smaller deck so easier to use. I also use the Radiant. I love my Halloweens but tend not to use them often.

For Oracle (lots of these!) but my faves / most used are both Animal Decks by Steven Farmer, and I enjoy the Unicorn cards by Doreen Virtue (yes, perhaps fluffy but enjoy anyway).

Why do they hide? I pretty much keep all mine together but on occasion I've been known to find a deck hiding in a drawer somewhere. Perhaps they need their own personal rest and recharging. rolleyes_witch.gif

Rider Waite, I'm an old fashioned girl, can't seem to connect with the more fanciful decks. I have others, I like to collect them and play with them but for serious business I always go back to old faithful!!cool.gif

An old Rider Waite I rescued from a man I knew who died, a very good reader. Another was the Mythic tarot which is very easy to read, which got lost in my travels, I highly recommend the Mythic Tarot to any beginners, I also love 'The housewives tarot' a 50's style tarot that is a treat :D

I use the Gill tarot deck. I really like it, and I just can't get into any other deck.

I started out with the RWS deck when I was 15. When the Druidcraft Tarot came out I switched to that. Although I am not Druid or Wiccan, I like the deck (except for a few cards I would do a little differently).

• Upvote 1

I started out years ago with the Rider-Waite deck but when I'm reading for others I use the Spiral deck with which I'm really familiar and it speaks to me. When I'm doing a reading for myself I really like the Llewellyn deck, I love the imagery.

Raina

Universal Waite... only deck i've ever had. Drooled over many others but I have a real connection with my deck that took many years to develop. Feels like cheating LOL.

I started out with the RWS deck when I was 15. When the Druidcraft Tarot came out I switched to that. Although I am not Druid or Wiccan, I like the deck (except for a few cards I would do a little differently).

Me Too!

I learned the basics from the RWS deck and then bought my DruidCraft deck. I love doing the reading with the DC deck, they seem to speak to me more. I have also been bought the Pagan Tarot deck and the Robin Wood deck but haven't really got on with them (but as they were gifts I will never get rid of them).

I use my RWS deck for any Tarot talismans I need to make.

I did "loose" my DC deck for a short while and like the rest of you here, I think that it was because they needed a rest!

I don't currently have one. Still looking...

My first ever deck was the Tarot of the Old Path which now that I look at isn't something I feel drawn to anymore but you always remember your first and in this case I remember that deck fondly.

Right now I am diving deeper into the tarot and have chosen to use the RW deck to do it but I am not feeling any real connection to it that would set it as my favorite.

In practice I am a one deck at a time type of girl (I was very attached to my old deck. It was a friend to me) but I could easily be a collector had I the money. So many gorgeous decks out there! Currently I am coveting this one with the strength of a thousand suns but it's far too expensive (pushing $500) http://www.victorianromantic.com/

Edited by thevioletsunflower

Currently I am coveting this one with the strength of a thousand suns but it's far too expensive (pushing $500) http://www.victorianromantic.com/

FYI, I have heard rumors that MRP may reprint the Victorian Romantic deck sometime this year, but it's not confirmed. This deck has been on my wish list too, so fingers crossed that the rumors are true.

Never could get into the Rider Waite deck.

Love my Thoth deck, and have used it a lot.

I'm really starting to like my Vertigo deck, but the imagery is pretty dark, not for everyone....

http://www.tarotpassages.com/dunn.htm

Rollaj

Edit to add link...

Edited by Rollaj

I have been using the same deck since I was little; rider-waite. But I'm going to do something pretty big next year, and changing up my deck is an important thing in my mind. I've ordered myself the halloween deck! I've always admired this deck, but didn't want to move onto it until I was on my way out of my current situation. I've always been a massive horror fan; also I am working on becoming a fiction writer (again, horror and sub-genres). The imagery speaks to me more than other decks. Oh! They should be here within the next week or two!

I also like that the there are no pentagrams in the deck. I don't know why, but I can't take my current deck as seriously because of the pentagrams. I think the halloween deck is beautiful.

There is something so familiar about them, I can picture myself using them.

hallow_I.jpghallow_XVII.jpghallow_ACE.jpghallow_9P.jpghallow_P.jpghallow_8B.jpg

Edited by barefoot tabby

I like the Radiant Rider-Waite deck and it's the only one I have right now. I've tried a Mandala deck, The Intuitive Tarot deck, and had Tarot of the Angels. So far, the Radiant Rider-Waite is the only deck I have felt a connection with.

~Ruby

I use a beaten up old Rider-Waite deck that I refuse to part with, but am also in love with gorgeously dark, Bohemian Gothic Tarot as well as the Vitorian Romantic. I am a fantical collector of anything by MRP. Now if I could only get my sweaty little hands on The Tarot of Prague deck...