What is your favourite deck?

Stacey

I used to be a Rider Waite person, as this was the only deck possible to find in the 80s where I lived and it stuck for years and years. But I've gone through quite a few decks over the years..but, my biggest surprise was the Penny Dreadful deck ! I am such a sceptic, I do not like new things, I want traditional and old as far as craft goes. Original sources etc. And I am not easily influenced but when I watched the series that deck just drew me in..and I bought it, laughing to myself, how silly, just another fancy deck. But oh boy, it may be simple compared to others but it worked for me. Like I can do double trial, same spread twice, and the same card can end up in the same spot. Not just a similar meaning card but the exact same. I have not had that happen with other decks. But then again, it can be about my current situation too, the forces are rampant at the moment.  

Really want to try more new decks ! Reading through this for inspo  😃

On 6/22/2011 at 1:30 PM, Ancestral Celt said:

The Greenwood will always be my favourite, though I do use others from time to time. Though, I should like to point out that the colours are nowhere near as garish as they appear on that website.

I would absolutely love to get my hands on a Greenwood Tarot deck... I can dream at least lol

• 4 months later...

I recently bought the Darkwood deck and that is one of my favourites. I also have The Light Seer/ Druidcraft/Everyday Witch/Llewellyn Classic and a RWS deck is on the way..

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Radiant Tarot (a more colorful verion of Rider-Waite) and the Modern Witch Tarot. I'm still trying to learn tarot, so I looked for beginner ones. I used to have the Renaissance Tarot (which I liked a lot) but I had trouble at times reading it. Now it is in the hands of some person that hopefully loves it. 

When I was a child many centuries ago, we would often visit a cabin my grandparents had.  It was in an old forest on a the shores of a montain lake.  Nobody lived there, it was only used for vacation.  There was a closet with some old games in it and among those games was an interesting deck of cards.  They were playing cards, but they contained mystical images and writing in an odd language, and they were quite old.  I would just look at them.  The cabin is still there, but I can't find the cards.  I wish I could describe them better.  Has anybody else seen such a thing?

• 1 month later...

My first cartomancy deck is a Scandinavian style pop-pastel primary colour playing card deck with animals for the court cards. It's brilliant for reading out in the open around the public in cafés etc because no-one second guesses with playing cards unlike tarot, it's cute and discreet but doesn't skimp on the message. 

This is my first personal /"primary" deck but I love all of my decks individually. I currently read RWS, Marseille & Oracle cards and I am learning Lenormand too. 

Edited by Dweomerthread

Gods, do i only get to pick one?!

I'm a bit of a deck junkie, but if i had to pick one it would be, aaaaaah, the Röhrig Taorot, though the Crow tarot is hot on its heels. . . . .

Only one?! Damn!

On 6/16/2021 at 9:18 PM, Pink said:

I recently bought the Darkwood deck and that is one of my favourites. I also have The Light Seer/ Druidcraft/Everyday Witch/Llewellyn Classic and a RWS deck is on the way..

Darkwood and Druidcraft also on my hitlist. Beautiful artwork on yhe druidcraft.

On a similar theme is the Tarot of the Lost Realm. . . .you seen it?

I'm also a tarot deck junkie, lol . My favorite has always been my first deck, a A.G. Mueller deck, made in Switzerland. It was distributed by U.S. Games Systems. It was given to me by my older brother and my mother as a gift when I was 10 or so. I just bought a Robin Wood deck, and I love it. That may be my second, I think.