Stacey

What is your favourite deck?

My Thoth deck is the smaller one as well. People say the imagery is much better on the larger decks, but I don't think it's much different at all, and it's a dream to be able to shuffle with. 

Yes, it really is... Onyx, the small one is the purple box. If you order it now, it should be there before the snow melts :lol:

I love Mildred Payne's The Black Enchantment Oracle, but I don't have one yet. I have Rider Waite and Katina decks. Images on Katina are really fascinating I think, but Katina is only used for love matters. It was first made by a Greek woman called Katina who was an Ottoman Empire citizen. The deck carries the traces of that period. I wish I could upload images here. 

I made a replica Mildred Payne Deck plus all the additions to it.  It was quite a project, it looked deceptively simple to do, so a couple of friends and I said lets make our own.  I do a reading every day with it.

• Upvote 2

My first deck is the Robin Wood deck, mainly because I really liked the illustrations.  I just picked up a Wildwood Tarot, and will be learning to work with it this year to see if I like it as well. 

• Upvote 1

My favourite to flick through is the Shadowscapes deck - it’s just so aesthetically pleasing.

Favourite to work with is my oldest deck, called the Girlfriend’s Tarot. It’s a bit kitch and teen-witchy, but it’s been with me for 15 years and knows me inside out.

I like  the look of the Oracle cards, I have some Rune Oracle cards, I bought them because I thought that I would learn the Runes quicker, however I am no farther forward now than I was then.

I recently got the White Light Oracle from a subscription box that I really love! I connected instantly with it, and I hadn't used oracle cards before. I've got quite a few sets of Tarot cards, but for some reason, tarot doesn't resonate with me as much as Runes and Ogham fews do. 

I've got some Rune cards, which I love! And quite a few sets of runes as well. 

I also just got my first set of Ogham fews, as well as a sort of deck with the fews on it, and I'm slowly exploring these! 

I've considered trying to make my own Tarot deck, but honestly, I have no idea where to start. There are so many different cards (sheer number wise) and it's a bit daunting to me. 

My favorite is Tarot of the Cat People.  It was my first deck, and it still resonates with me.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:40 AM, GKnox said:

I've considered trying to make my own Tarot deck, but honestly, I have no idea where to start. There are so many different cards (sheer number wise) and it's a bit daunting to me. 

I did a replica oracle deck  of the Mildred Payne Oracle, just because the pictures were childlike in style.   They were made from brown postal tags, I just cut off the part with the hole.  These four cards are of my own design, I think I posted the entire deck on my Art Post.  Art of Onyx.  As you can see there are 88 cards, plus you have to do 88 backs of the cards.  I used a corner stamp and then stippled the edges with stamping ink, in a brown color.  

DSCF1819.thumb.JPG.ec693d16b03d39086c5e830a9da87233.JPG

• Upvote 1

I used the Witches Tarot. But now I use the Deviant Moon Tarot. I have the borderless cards and they're wonderful...

I have a friend Witch who has over 60 decks!  I think she just likes collecting them.  Check out www.DevientMoonInc  go to the Fenwood Assylum  All sorts of weird decks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Onyx said:

Check out www.DevientMoonInc  go to the Fenwood Assylum  All sorts of weird decks.

Onyx, you're a fountain of cool information. Thank you, I'll take a look when I'm not busy. 

19 hours ago, AliacenisAF9 said:

I used the Witches Tarot. But now I use the Deviant Moon Tarot. I have the borderless cards and they're wonderful...

I just noticed that you mentioned deviant moon tarot already, durrr!  So you know all about them.

Divination:

Thoth (i trimmed it to the images and edge it) It was impossible for me to read it before because of the distracting borders and such small images with so much detail in them.

Fantastical Creatures

Fountain

Medieval Scapini

Classics:

Minchiate Etruria from Lo Scarabeo  (it's not typical but i just love it. I also do not use it for divination because i don't want to ruin it's mint condition).

Vacchetta Tarot (from Lo Scarabeo. I trimmed it to the images and edge it, made the box to match aswell)

Venetian Tarot (Gumppenberg Milano) a facsimile from the Spanish Card Museum in Álava (this one used fir divination - Marsella style).

Cary-Yale Visconti (nor for divination because it's not complete although Scapini did paint the missing ones but i find they are very different and i notice it)

Edited by Trivia