304 replies to this topic

#301 Micheál

Micheál

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:14 AM

My Thoth deck is the smaller one as well. People say the imagery is much better on the larger decks, but I don't think it's much different at all, and it's a dream to be able to shuffle with. 

#302 phantasmagoria

phantasmagoria

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:59 AM

Yes, it really is... Onyx, the small one is the purple box. If you order it now, it should be there before the snow melts :lol:

#303 Jezebel

Jezebel

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

I love Mildred Payne's The Black Enchantment Oracle, but I don't have one yet. I have Rider Waite and Katina decks. Images on Katina are really fascinating I think, but Katina is only used for love matters. It was first made by a Greek woman called Katina who was an Ottoman Empire citizen. The deck carries the traces of that period. I wish I could upload images here. 

You have witchcraft in your lips.

#304 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:23 PM

I made a replica Mildred Payne Deck plus all the additions to it.  It was quite a project, it looked deceptively simple to do, so a couple of friends and I said lets make our own.  I do a reading every day with it.

#305 woodwitchofthewest

woodwitchofthewest

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:18 PM

My first deck is the Robin Wood deck, mainly because I really liked the illustrations.  I just picked up a Wildwood Tarot, and will be learning to work with it this year to see if I like it as well. 

If I were more clever, something interesting would appear here...