285 replies to this topic

#281 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:19 PM

Sure.  I'll do my best.

The Golden Tarot by Kat Black has always been a reading that is "soft" and "nurturing" for lack of better words.  I feel like messages with that deck come across "nicer" and not so forceful or bluntly.  There is a time for blunt, but there are times for soft, too.  I'm drawn to it for that reason, but it's not my main deck.  I love the imagery and the art and, of course, the gold foiled sides. :)

My main deck at this point is the traditional Rider Waite.  Never thought I'd say that because I avoided it for years, but for clean and clear messages and info the Rider Waite is my go-to.

Medieval Scapini is a favorite.  It is the deck I learned on whilst avoiding the Rider Waite.  I love that it's based on the Marseille Tarot.  Eventually I dipped into Marseille Tarot readings with traditional MT decks.  Great rabbit hole.  I've used some of the readings for professional venues and people love it.  

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#282 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:02 AM

Sure. I'll do my best.

The Golden Tarot by Kat Black has always been a reading that is "soft" and "nurturing" for lack of better words. I feel like messages with that deck come across "nicer" and not so forceful or bluntly. There is a time for blunt, but there are times for soft, too. I'm drawn to it for that reason, but it's not my main deck. I love the imagery and the art and, of course, the gold foiled sides. :)

My main deck at this point is the traditional Rider Waite. Never thought I'd say that because I avoided it for years, but for clean and clear messages and info the Rider Waite is my go-to.

Medieval Scapini is a favorite. It is the deck I learned on whilst avoiding the Rider Waite. I love that it's based on the Marseille Tarot. Eventually I dipped into Marseille Tarot readings with traditional MT decks. Great rabbit hole. I've used some of the readings for professional venues and people love it.

Wow thank you for the reply, I also got it for the imagery, and gold foiled sides :) I liked that it came with a small book too so that I can learn to interpret the cards since I don’t have prior experience.

#283 ReleaseTheBats

ReleaseTheBats

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

I've had my Barbara Walker deck for about 11 years, we're very bonded.
This year I purchased the Pagan Otherworlds Deck, and i'm enjoying it - a lot of the imagery and overall energy are reminiscent of some of my heritage.
I also backed the following kickstarter deck which is a restoration:
https://www.kickstar...i-modrone-tarot

Gilded edges and everything.
Excited for it to come in.

“A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest, Granny Weatherwax had once told her, because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her.”

― Terry Pratchett

#284 JessicaB

JessicaB

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

I've had my Barbara Walker deck for about 11 years, we're very bonded.
This year I purchased the Pagan Otherworlds Deck, and i'm enjoying it - a lot of the imagery and overall energy are reminiscent of some of my heritage.
I also backed the following kickstarter deck which is a restoration:
https://www.kickstar...i-modrone-tarot

Gilded edges and everything.
Excited for it to come in.

The Kickstarter project you linked to is a beautiful deck. Really interesting history. I hope you will review it here when you receive it.

This thread got me thinking about the Scapini deck again, and I have been trying it out again. I really appreciate the depth of symbolism on each card, and even the “little white book” is quite detailed. Hmm... now my Herbal Tarot seems a bit light weight.

#285 Circe

Circe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:56 PM

Anyone here ever experimented around with the Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg? It's a beautiful deck that also provides a firm, grouded explanation of what each card's symbolism is and how to read them. Definetely one of my favorites. 

#286 WinterMeudwy

WinterMeudwy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:58 PM

Anyone here ever experimented around with the Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg? It's a beautiful deck that also provides a firm, grouded explanation of what each card's symbolism is and how to read them. Definetely one of my favorites. 

This is on my wishlist, it's truly a beautiful looking deck! Woul dyou say it's RWS based or pretty unique?