• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#221 Amarilis

Amarilis

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:48 PM

It's a brand new deck so they're literally sending out the very first orders in waves as we speak. You can see better images on their site (and their other decks) at http://uusi.us

Oh wow, they are very beautiful! Thank you for the website, I might order a deck.

When I am really in desperate need of some serious answers then I always come back to the Toth. It was the first one that I got in contact with, although my teacher at the time said it would be to complicated to start with. But I thought they were just right for me.

Bought Oracle cards from C. Baron-Reid, they are quite nice, like Wisdom of the Hidden Realms and the Wisdom of the House of Night ( they are dark but beautiful). In the end I prefer Tarot cards though. I am wondering if I should have a go at Lenormand cards. I wonder what the energy is like.. Any suggestions maybe for a good book for beginners?

#222 Eis

Eis

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:02 PM

I'm a Universal Waite fangirl.  I've been using the same deck since I was 15 and am very stuck in my ways.  I'm actually relieved to see so many other folks on here are also Rider-Waite readers!

I own several others, mostly for the artwork, but UW is the one I pull out regularly to read for myself and others.

#223 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:14 AM

Has anyone seen the Peanuts deck? Lucy as High Priestess, Dancing Snoopy as Fool, Charlie Brown tangled in a kite, hanging from a tree...
And there really needs to be an Elvis deck.
I have a Kitchen Witch deck...it's Major Arcana only, very colorful and using cooking tools as symbols.
These let the child in me come out to play, and it clears my head.

#224 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:49 AM

And there really needs to be an Elvis deck.

Well there is the Rock & Roll Tarot with Elvis as the Emperor ;)

Attached Files

#225 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

O.M.G. !! Thank you. Thank you, very much.

#226 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:30 AM

Oh wow, they are very beautiful! Thank you for the website, I might order a deck.

When I am really in desperate need of some serious answers then I always come back to the Toth. It was the first one that I got in contact with, although my teacher at the time said it would be to complicated to start with. But I thought they were just right for me.

Bought Oracle cards from C. Baron-Reid, they are quite nice, like Wisdom of the Hidden Realms and the Wisdom of the House of Night ( they are dark but beautiful). In the end I prefer Tarot cards though. I am wondering if I should have a go at Lenormand cards. I wonder what the energy is like.. Any suggestions maybe for a good book for beginners?

I would suggest 'The Essential Lenormand' by Rana George. I don't have it yet, but I know of many people who swear by it. It's definitely the book I intend to learn with.

#227 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:37 AM

Could someone recommend a deck for a person of very minimalist taste?

Definitely the Orbifold Tarot. It's new, it's so deceptively simple that people often assume it must be very advanced, but I can't think of a more minimalist deck out there. Plus, it's beautiful! I really want it :D

I realised too, I didn't answer the thread title! My favourite deck is the Cosmic Tarot. It has become something of a soul deck for me. I often don't really know why, it just is. It came to me in a dream, and it inspires me and speaks to me in a way no other deck does. I do have a collection of other decks I love very much, but I'm also trying really hard to keep my collection small, which is very difficult!

#228 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:03 AM

I only have one deck right now, the Celtic Dragon. It calls the Hierophant the High Priest, the Devil is called the Chains, and Strength and Justice occupy each other's usual numbers, so it may not be the best first deck but the imagery is gorgeous. But I'm sending some hints along for a Night Vale and/or Homestuck tarot deck this Yule season. Nerdy as it is, I have a strong emotional connection to the source material for both of those things and find that strong attachments like that make it easier to work with and understand a deck. I'm also trying to find a deck heavy on space imagery, especially stars, constellations, and galaxies.

#229 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:57 AM

Odalibuc, perhaps the Cosmos tarot would be good for you? Not to be confused with the Cosmic I mentioned above. My daughter is crazy about astrology and she has insisted the Cosmos is her number one deck

#230 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:35 AM

Could someone recommend a deck for a person of very minimalist taste?

I saw Aeclectic Tarot's database recommended already, but if you're looking for something minimalist without being totally ambiguous you might like Wild Unknown. The minors are more than simple pips but very minimalist, and the majors are just barely moreso. It has a nature focus and is illustrated rather than realistic or photographic. The cards are printed on super matte finishes though and can be difficult to shuffle for a long while, but I dislike overly dramatic tarot art and found a lot to appreciate here.

I have around 7 or 8 decks in my collection, they all speak to me a little differently so I can't pick a favorite, but lately I have been favoring Sinking Wasteland and Wild Unknown.

Edited by Madame, 05 December 2016 - 05:37 AM.

#231 Amarilis

Amarilis

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:05 PM

I would suggest 'The Essential Lenormand' by Rana George. I don't have it yet, but I know of many people who swear by it. It's definitely the book I intend to learn with.

Thank you so much for doing the research for me, haha! That's great, I will give it a try, can't wait to look into it!

#232 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:54 AM

@Tricycle: The Cosmos deck looks fantastic! I'll have to see about acquiring one.

#233 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

Thank you so much for doing the research for me, haha! That's great, I will give it a try, can't wait to look into it!

@Tricycle: The Cosmos deck looks fantastic! I'll have to see about acquiring one.

You're welcome :)

#234 SkyeVaruna

SkyeVaruna

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:15 PM

How nice to read about people's favourite decks!
Mine have both been mentioned before. My long time favourite is the Cosmic Tarot. This was also the first deck I owned and I've been using it for quite some years.
But I recently bought the Wildwood Tarot. I only used it a few times, but I really love it so far. It speaks to me on a very different level than the Cosmic Tarot, but I love them both.

I also saw the Wild Unknown mentioned in an older post, which I also received as a birthday present once, but I really can't get used to it. I love the way it looks, but it just doesn't float my boat. 

#235 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:13 PM

SkyeVaruna, I love both the Wildwood and the Cosmic😊 I have started using them together sometimes. The result is always mind blowing. I tend to do a row of three Cosmic tarot cards, then below it, three of the wildwood. It's like having the stars and the earth playing together and surprisingly, they compliment each other really well!

#236 Revan

Revan

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:18 AM

I'm fairly new to tarot. Still learning. I don't have a lot of experience with decks, but I was drawn to the Wild Unknown tarot deck by Kim Krans. It appealed to the artist in me. Once I better understand reading tarot cards, I am interested in trying some other decks that have been mentioned here.

#237 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:07 AM

So I came into possession of a Night Vale tarot deck, and let me say it is just spectacular. The imagery is incredibly nuanced when you take the images themselves and the context behind those images, and it loves to let me know when I'm being too paranoid or not paranoid enough. Really, if anyone ever has the chance to acquire a "fandom deck", I highly recommend doing so.

#238 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

Love "The Tarot of the spirit" this is my favourite deck.

#239 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:52 AM

I always come back to the universal Waite deck. I've loved it for many years now

#240 PrimalWitch

PrimalWitch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

This is a toughy for me!  I own several right now and there have been a few that I used to own that I gave away many years ago.  I haven't found that "perfect" deck yet but have come very close.  The ones I tend to use most often go between Tarot Illuminati and Wildwood.  In the past Tarot Illuminati was my all time favorite.  Back then I loved the richness and elaborate beauty of it but about a year ago or so things have changed and now...well it tends to feel very overwhelming and too busy.  I now use it to do more shadow work and deep self exploration as I'm aware its my state of mind that needs work lol. I still use it quite a bit when doing readings for other people but it at least opened me up to experimenting with other decks.

Wildwood speaks to me on a personal and spiritual level but I still struggle to bond fully with it.  I adore the more primal, wild, shamanistic feel to it but I find myself wishing it had a more Siberian theme or even a more universal, multicultural shamanism them to it.  I'm just really picky I think but it's making me really want to consider creating my own personalized deck!