• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:27 AM

I noticed that the Chat application is being used quite frequently now and is proving popular.

When I upgraded the forum to Invision Board last year, it came with a free 5 user limit Chat feature, at the time Chat wan't being used much at all and that package seemed fine for the use it was getting.

I said at the time of upgrade I would keep an eye on things and if Chat started to get popular then I'd look at moving to the next user limit level of 20 users in Chat at one time.

Given the resurgence in popularity of Chat I've just upgraded the package to the 20 member level, which should be active now or very soon.

For those members who don't know how to access the Chat application I've added a picture showing where to click, it's the Chat link in the main menu under the TW Logo, click that and you will be loggged into Chat automatically. Guests and Lurkers .. don't click the link you will get an error as you're not permitted to use Chat.

Enjoy!

Attached File  chat-link.jpg   282.16KB   10 downloads

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#2 Guest_ZenDraegan_*

Guest_ZenDraegan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

I noticed that the Chat application is being used quite frequently now and is proving popular.

When I upgraded the forum to Invision Board last year, it came with a free 5 user limit Chat feature, at the time Chat wan't being used much at all and that package seemed fine for the use it was getting.

I said at the time of upgrade I would keep an eye on things and if Chat started to get popular then I'd look at moving to the next user limit level of 20 users in Chat at one time.

Given the resurgence in popularity of Chat I've just upgraded the package to the 20 member level, which should be active now or very soon.

For those members who don't know how to access the Chat application I've added a picture showing where to click, it's the Chat link in the main menu under the TW Logo, click that and you will be loggged into Chat automatically. Guests and Lurkers .. don't click the link you will get an error as you're not permitted to use Chat.

Enjoy!

Attached File  chat-link.jpg   282.16KB   10 downloads

Thank you Droghon! Yes, we been having some interesting times in chat! Much appreciated!

#3 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

There's never anyone in there when I go in :( lol
Here to discuss, debate, listen and learn.

#4 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

I would love to go to chat if the kids weren't always making me jump through hoops to keep them fed and entertained!
I love the shoutbox on the forum page though for keeping in touch with the outside world! :vhappywitch:

#5 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

Thanks, D and Admin!
I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#6 Blacksmith

Blacksmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

Thank you, I think the chat is going to become more popular.

#7 Guest_Elfyd_*

Guest_Elfyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:47 AM

Thank you Droghon,

Did you notice my request for chat announcements? I "shoutboxed" an open question regarding (semi-)scheduled chats maybe with a theme. Do you or anyone have any thoughts on this?

FFFF
Elf

#8 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

Didn't see it Elf.

However, if members want to arrange a scheduled Chat they can simply post a topic about it and see if others want to take part. My schedule probably won't allow me to take part much, but there is nothing preventing members organising something themselves :)

Droghon (or Brian)

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#9 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

Hiya Elf...I think a starter subject a great idea as long as the thread of conersation is allowed to evolve and meander. As it generally does in our posts......I just love this aspect of it. And how sometimes the end of the posts are nothing to do with the beginning :wickedwitch:

#10 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Thank you Droghon,

Did you notice my request for chat announcements? I "shoutboxed" an open question regarding (semi-)scheduled chats maybe with a theme. Do you or anyone have any thoughts on this?

FFFF
Elf

This is a great idea! I'm up for it :)

#11 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

Michelle has a thread around here somewhere where she did scheduled chats about Cultus Sabbatti.
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#12 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

We did have a separate forum area at one time to discuss proposed topics when scheduled chats were common, we deleted it when we moved to Invision Board as chat use had dropped to next to nothing.

I could set up a forum in the Public area but visible only to logged in Seekers, Members, Moderators / Admins. That would allow scheduled chats to be proposed by members and discussed out of sight of Guests and Lurkers who can't access Chat anyway. That would keep Chat discussions in one area rather than being 'lost' in General forum areas.

Let me know if this would be useful and I'll look at setting it up in a few days.

Droghon (or Brian)

#13 Guest_Elfyd_*

Guest_Elfyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

We did have a separate forum area at one time to discuss proposed topics when scheduled chats were common, we deleted it when we moved to Invision Board as chat use had dropped to next to nothing.

I could set up a forum in the Public area but visible only to logged in Seekers, Members, Moderators / Admins. That would allow scheduled chats to be proposed by members and discussed out of sight of Guests and Lurkers who can't access Chat anyway. That would keep Chat discussions in one area rather than being 'lost' in General forum areas.

Let me know if this would be useful and I'll look at setting it up in a few days.

D-

It sounds great to me, plus one would get a better idea of just how many here would be really interested. As far as the theme is concerned, well I know full well that any proposed theme would almost certainly deviate as the chat went on, this is okay with me.

Thanks once again for your attention to this.
FFFF
Elf

#14 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:08 AM

Forum area created and available. It's hidden from Guests and Lurkers, only logged in members (Seekers upwards can see and post in it)
Droghon (or Brian)

#15 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

Thankyou! Should be fun!

#16 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Michelle has a thread around here somewhere where she did scheduled chats about Cultus Sabbatti.

There were 3 or 4 of us who used to meet up in chat every Wednesday night to discuss the Azoetia and other CS books and our findings on them. I can't speak for the others involved, but I do know those chats really pushed me along haveing a "brainstorm" place where we just bounced ideas and reactions off each other. The chats usually lasted about 3 hours which can get a bit long, but it was so worth it, I found. Really was most helpful. Perhaps even a scheduled "boook club" could be fun if some of us have the same books...

M

#17 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

cool, i like the idea of this :)